1.2.0 - Xen's Massive CoC Discharge!

Firstly, thank you to Oro and his 'Ceaseless Discharger' build for the inspiration that helped shape the Scion that I have today :)

After much request (in game grouping) I'm posting my fresh POE 1.2.0 - Forsaken Masters - Spectral Throw + CoC + Discharge build to help others experience the fun and joy that I'm having with my current favorite class - the Scion.

110 POINT - PASSIVE TREE

Spoiler
Updated 31/08/2014

http://tiny.cc/4hpflx

ITEMS REQUIRED FOR BUILD

Spoiler

MY GEAR & GEMS

Spoiler

Spoiler
Main (and only) Attack:
* Spectral Throw (Level 1) + Cast on Critical Strike + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Discharge

Reactive Self Buff + Curses:
* Cast When Damage Taken (Level 1) + Warlord's Mark (Level 5) + Assassin's Mark (Level 5) + Molten Shell (Level 7)

Auras
* Clarity + Hatred + Haste + Reduced Mana

Utility
* Lightning Warp + Faster Casting
* Portal Gem + Faster Casting

BANDITS

Spoiler
Normal - Help Oak - +40 base Life
Cruel - Help Kraityn - +8% Attack Speed
Merciless - Help Alira - +1 Max Power Charge

GAMEPLAY

Spoiler
Unlike any other class or build I've seen - the more mobs on screen - the BETTER!

Your damage and fun will increase exponentially as your Spectral Throw hits more mobs (multiple times per second, per mob) and continues to crit rapidly, generating power charges via your Voll's Protector chest piece which in turn allows Discharge to constantly explode for massive amounts of damage per power charge, per second! Such fun, much win!

WHY *THIS* BUILD?

Spoiler
I've played Path of Exile on and off for a while now and every time I login there's always something new to experience or learn, which is awesome!

That being said, with so much time spent away from the game, each time I played I always felt inferior to the other group members, they were faster, stronger, survived longer, out dps'd me and looked way cooler while doing it too...

So I thought to myself "enough is enough" and decided to make a new class (Scion) for the first time - and only 7 days ago - and now, this is the best decision I have made in this game to date!

I've had more fun in the past 7 days playing my Scion build than I have playing every other class (and multiple builds) for the past year... and now, the fun has only just begun!

Thank you for reading, and see you in-game -"Koukaa"
Last edited by Xenatos on Aug 30, 2014, 11:56:39 PM
Hey, today i ve tested this build just wondering what type of rings/ necklance u recommended and what vials.
i keep dying quite easily at level 69 i dunno why. but my damage is okay.
Thanks for posting the build. I've been looking for a Discharge build that will work in 1.2 and this seems like a nice base, but I have a few questions.

1) Can you explain more about what defenses we're supposed to rely on with this build? Obviously life is the main stat, but are you also using armor on top of that? Obviously ES is all going to mana thanks to EB, but I'm a bit of a newb so more explanation would be hugely appreciated here.

2) I loaded the build into the offline planner, and I'm seeing only +64% increased maximum life. Most of the builds I see suggest hovering around 150% or so as a good baseline, endgame type build. Am I missing something with your seemingly low max life% from the tree?

Thanks for any light you can shed on my questions. Either way, I appreciate the insight into your build and will at least use it as an idea generator for my own Discharge build.
Hey thanks for checking out my build, I'm using the following rings \ amulet \ belt and have full 75 res all 3 (except chaos)

Yes my life is low, and I can die easily if I'm not careful... but I makeup for it with mass damage, eg: I can run into a pack of yellow / blue mobs + 20/30 adds and within 1-2 seconds all are dead :)

I'm using gear that I could find that is 'well rounded' and covers many different stats so I don't fall short on anything in particular...

My HP is low (only 1800) and my mana is approx 1400 (after gems reducing max mana pool)
Hello, thanks for answering. i ve noticed next things that cud actually help alot on the hp issue.
u notice below the tree that u skip with massive life nodes? it takes exactly 15 pts to get the all life nodes there and it solves alot of the issues.
Another thing wud be Crown of eyes unique i thing the lifesteal on it affects very good with this build to help you keep alive.
As flasks im using surgeons hp potion , surgeons jade potion, surgeons granite flask.
With having so much crit i always have 3k armor and evasion which helps alot in diving in to those waves of mobs :D
my hp is currently 1.7k and im level 71.
as belt im using the magnate = more dmg, faster flasks.
crown of eyes because: 3% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
Increases and Reductions to Spell Damage also apply to Attacks.
So dosnt this mean our spectral throw cud leech life and discharge too or am i wrong? :D
PS:

I'm not using any STR gear (so no armor) just Dex + Int or pure Int Gear (mainly good Dex + Int) and here are the flasks that I've rolled and am using :)

I just wanted to demonstrate that you can have A LOT of fun and it's such a CHEAP build :D
Last edited by image23 on Aug 24, 2014, 7:50:01 AM
Thanks for your advice Image23, I had updated my build accordingly!

Whilst I have lost some crit and physical damage on my dagger \ temporal throw.

My base health has increased from 1750 to 2215... I've gained 1053 Energy Shield (from 0, was using Eldrich) and Max Mana has reduced to 791 from 1400.

Should be interesting to see how this updated build positively affects my play style, as I haven't had ES for at least 50+ levels!

Thank you once again,
Xen :)
Also based my build off Oro's and hell it's fun I agree but I have one question for you though? How do you handle "reflection" cause THAT ALWAYS beats the hell out of me. I cannot progress past lvl 74 due to the one monster in mobs that I just cant spot in time and boom life = 0.
"
StormchaserZA wrote:
How do you handle "reflection" cause THAT ALWAYS beats the hell out of me. I cannot progress past lvl 74 due to the one monster in mobs that I just cant spot in time and boom life = 0.

Yup, I have the same question. I'm going to try CoC build(trying to choose between ST+projectile spells, ST+Discharge and Cyclone+Discharge(any advices from those who have compared it?) ) and have read a lot about it last time. As I understand, the main problem is reflects. And people say that the only way to solve this problem is Vaal Pact. And CoC can't live without it in end-game (but there was before 1.2.0).
Now I can't find the optimal way to Vaal Pact in the passive tree for a shadow(any examples?). Seems like scion doesn't have such problem.
BUT I've found this interesting gloves on poe gamepedia.
Are there any chances to get it? or something else with instant leech?

And one more question: does GMP reduce the Discharge's damage? Or damage reduction applies only to supported projectile skills?
Last edited by nickandjulia on Aug 27, 2014, 10:01:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info