Nearly all my builds are lack luster and incapable of 73+ maps now. .

Yeah, I sincerely don't understand why GGG is actively trying to get rid of people who like playing their own builds by nerfing. If you have to nerf shit, do it in the new leagues. That way people can have a nice stable/balanced game in the new leagues, but they still get to enjoy the build they're put 300 hours in in standard.
Just duplicate the item/skilltree library and in standard/hardcore, you're only allowed to add. Not nerf. In the new leagues, they can do whatever they like.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
It isn't about balance, or bugs. I don't see how this is still lost on some people. It is about changing up the game, which at this point seems to be part of the business/success model. If you don't like large changes after every league (or now, after two 3 month leagues), PoE isn't for you.

And no, this isn't a staple of online games. At least not to the extent which we see it in PoE. Thats ok though, because I personally enjoy it. And it must work for GGG, or they wouldn't do it (if it isn't working we will see things change in the future I'd imagine).

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they actually think there is some final, objective balance that is achievable. I just doubt that.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Aug 22, 2014, 7:07:17 AM
The fun part of this genre is blowing up and slashing down monsters in big numbers and having fun while doing that with your own build..Meanwhile getting loot to further that build.

If you destroy builds most (not all) people will quit about this fact. Sure new people keep coming but its bad practice.

better balance other things up then nerf stuff and destroy builds
is anybody here talking about the way GGG comes out with new supporter packs before a mini-expansion, and leaves out most of the fine details that make up the meta game? I think they've multiplied the nickel-and-diming reference by a factor of 10,000 and 50,000. Can't wait for Act 4 to be released when they come out with a new $25,000 supporter pack right before patch notes and launch. The fishing is real. Devs-only.
Hey guys... hey guys... hey guys. Remember when everyone said you need 10k life with legacy koams to beat NORMAL atziri and then some guy did it with budget gear worth about 2 exalt in total and got crazy filthy rich in game because of it?

remember that? he popularized the ele buzzsaw, remember?

huh, you don't? aw. sad

#historyrepeats
Its an amazement people actually want an online-only game to stand still and not change, evolve and balance.

The staple of online games nowadays is the fact they stay fresh, relevant and ever-changing. Not staying stale.

Besides, it's not a new thing GGG are doing. They've always done this.

People will find a way to whinge about anything.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Just duplicate the item/skilltree library and in standard/hardcore, you're only allowed to add. Not nerf. In the new leagues, they can do whatever they like.

This sounds like the perfect utopia of balance.
Last edited by NMarrello on Aug 22, 2014, 8:45:35 AM
"
Zanixx wrote:
Its an amazement people actually want an online-only game to stand still and not change, evolve and balance.

The staple of online games nowadays is the fact they stay fresh, relevant and ever-changing. Not staying stale.

Besides, it's not a new thing GGG are doing. They've always done this.

People will find a way to whinge about anything.

Okay here's my opinion It's FUCKING STUPID. I can get anything I want in normal league and every single build that I had was rekt shit's not the same, Most of these builds took a lot of gear which GGG doesn't understand apparently.

Normal league is for me to replicate the builds I do in the new league's because I can do the same thing and not a single build that I've done with any single item / combination in terms of flavor of the month or my own creations are not exactly viable then before.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I'm pretty salty that they reworked the passive tree. My scion summoner is level 84, been leveling it up for almost a year. I play mostly solo and very little trading so what many people see as a minor setback puts me back 12x as much.

I tried like hell to rebuild the character I had before the patch but I run into many issues. 1 less zombie, 92 strength short, 800 less ES. It is a terrible feeling for me to have worked hard to put together my build and then to log in and the build be completely fucked.

I wish I had more than 20 hours a week spare time to rebuild, I wish there was an easier way to trade, I wish I could find and craft better items and I wish my passive tree didn't fuck me over. I don't complain about these things I stated because I know PoE isn't made to my liking.

Checking in on the Forsaken Master thing had me hopeful that finally the crafting aspect would be covered and help me out, remember I play solo 99% of the time, but so far it seems that my character isn't strong enough to gain the favor of a master. I've failed 100% of the 2nd encounters with the 4 masters I've met.

Don't mistake my griping for asking for them to nerf it. I don't expect them to make the game in my image and will not ask for that. I'm just pissed that the build I enjoyed playing got revamped and is weaker than it was.

I'll still pop on here to play but they've lost my support as I said they would if they moved the game in a direction I didn't enjoy supporting. That time has come.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
The game is different now, and you'll have to deal with it. This isn't the first time skills have been nerfed, and I'll be very surprised if it turns out to be the last.

My suggestion is to start over in Rampage with a different build, perhaps with no planned build at all. You might want to look into getting an amulet to help your summoner with her attribute requirements - an Astramentis, an Atziri's Foible (there's one on xyz right now for 1 fusing) or just a suitable rare.

"
iwantcoupons wrote:
is anybody here talking about the way GGG comes out with new supporter packs before a mini-expansion, and leaves out most of the fine details that make up the meta game? I think they've multiplied the nickel-and-diming reference by a factor of 10,000 and 50,000. Can't wait for Act 4 to be released when they come out with a new $25,000 supporter pack right before patch notes and launch. The fishing is real. Devs-only.

The packs are still there, no one was under any pressure (not from GGG, at least) to buy them before the release.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info