FoxTactic's - [1.2] Pledge Of Arc 26k dps Updated: 2014-09-08

"
snakescrin wrote:

you cant use curse on hit on atziri

Unless they changed something sure you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMdLQjlyd0A

She just reflected them too, for which you use curse remove flask, but she still gets curse.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 20, 2014, 6:47:11 PM
"
demogorg wrote:
I made one with crit double curse has the smae life for me as the old one and does 25k dps with an old level 20 arc

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQj6ZEq1WuLJwFQkGWrrPQ9UyzRX5QMA5c215q-hEPfq9MLayYjRkUsET799c6WHRV4BKCHjvjm6FVxl8q2V_bC8HziiiPRngvg9vdjKKjZAkdFKcIGGp_xg_E-tK4k9rdfOV-WRGWO3wXLzbp6-5YBw5IBx64ymTnJKrjaprgY0Nd8pUuVdYWb0WdcNV-M_DVgKQabFNSidOkkY_6SVHkInBSE57r9SlPjmQqC4w2ZJ3DCYV97DiCm_em8-rlGVVL8h25kxo4tvq0OGHip4T79SaVkFWXlxa_RXw=

should be pretty decent for new league (put it in offline calc)

and yes considering poe.xyz the 10% spelldamage is stronger than 4% cast speed (think because of crit)

Comparing the trees, it actually looks like this guys version is going to do wayyyyyyy more damage. Or maybe I don't know what I'm looking at? o-o
"
Insulation wrote:
"
demogorg wrote:
I made one with crit double curse has the smae life for me as the old one and does 25k dps with an old level 20 arc

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQj6ZEq1WuLJwFQkGWrrPQ9UyzRX5QMA5c215q-hEPfq9MLayYjRkUsET799c6WHRV4BKCHjvjm6FVxl8q2V_bC8HziiiPRngvg9vdjKKjZAkdFKcIGGp_xg_E-tK4k9rdfOV-WRGWO3wXLzbp6-5YBw5IBx64ymTnJKrjaprgY0Nd8pUuVdYWb0WdcNV-M_DVgKQabFNSidOkkY_6SVHkInBSE57r9SlPjmQqC4w2ZJ3DCYV97DiCm_em8-rlGVVL8h25kxo4tvq0OGHip4T79SaVkFWXlxa_RXw=

should be pretty decent for new league (put it in offline calc)

and yes considering poe.xyz the 10% spelldamage is stronger than 4% cast speed (think because of crit)

Comparing the trees, it actually looks like this guys version is going to do wayyyyyyy more damage. Or maybe I don't know what I'm looking at? o-o

As FoxTacatic mentions, Arc has a low base crit chance. Your return on those crit nodes isn't very good. Also, Lightning damage has a low min damage. For crit to matter, first you have to hit high, then it has to be a crit Points not well spent. So yes it will be more damage... but bad bang for buck. Points coulda been spent else where.

Also don't underestimate the effectivness of curses, and now the increased effect of curse nodes.
THe other tree does have alot more ele damage though...
At this time I'm going with FOxTactics.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Aug 21, 2014, 11:39:06 AM
Hey Fox.

So what is ur newest skill tree now? How do u skill?
Will u post it again pls?

Followed ur guide in standard before Forsaken Masters and I liked it. ^^

Greetings...
Leveling is slow, and painful. I go from cake walk one min, to getting raped the next.
I refuse to dump orbs beyond alts and the OCCASIONAL chrome or two, on low level crap.
Almost done cruel...hopefully the start of Merc will turn up a lucky drop or two. Still need spell totem. They make you pick between faster casting and spell totem : /

Its taken me about 14 hours to get to 50, meanwhile people are 75 already... That's messed up.

Edit: Arctic armor has solved my problem more or less.
Spoke too soon. This is bullshit. Total glass cannon crap even with lots of life.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Aug 21, 2014, 11:30:22 PM
What do you think of this build for ultra late game?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB37DfioIQ6QIHpf6zAuNXK0myvYIsnG0ZES0QWAj0fIN2EcBUzfrk7GpDvOq4k6cI6-4VUI9G2t2a4Cj61YEdFJuhRZ2Cx4Vt-tJ4L1NS-egMfSTYFy826TlSQYcQf2Tn42q8N7QMtz7GnlXWWAeTJ0Zx_gqApO-IHNzyRdi9-Td_xjrhNZLXz8HFJ6l-WS-dplf-j0mx7BiIQhbzTeOP-oIeJjzw1dsLSVGVLgcecLvZE-GIHaovb4MJb57xs0tXwOMNjffXrJgRD0wtFLBb9H6vjRngEtlf3YwkqhZv
Akumos/Xenoith/Toccata.
"

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB37DfioIQ6QIHpf6zAuNXK0myvYIsnG0ZES0QWAj0fIN2EcBUzfrk7GpDvOq4k6cI6-4VUI9G2t2a4Cj61YEdFJuhRZ2Cx4Vt-tJ4L1NS-egMfSTYFy826TlSQYcQf2Tn42q8N7QMtz7GnlXWWAeTJ0Zx_gqApO-IHNzyRdi9-Td_xjrhNZLXz8HFJ6l-WS-dplf-j0mx7BiIQhbzTeOP-oIeJjzw1dsLSVGVLgcecLvZE-GIHaovb4MJb57xs0tXwOMNjffXrJgRD0wtFLBb9H6vjRngEtlf3YwkqhZv

I am strongly considering doing this same thing. I'm level 41 currently with Foxtactic's build as shown on the first page, and it's pretty difficult. My damage sucks. My survivability sucks. Staring at all that lightning damage at the top of the tree is tantalizing, especially since it's only 3 points away from the whispers of doom branch. I think it will be worth it to take it. If I hit level 85 and I'm constantly dying because of a lack of life, then I will respec those 8 points I used to get all that lightning damage into something that will give me more survivability.
Last edited by Squatch on Aug 21, 2014, 10:58:30 PM
"
Squatch wrote:
"

I am strongly considering doing this same thing. I'm level 41 currently with Foxtactic's build as shown on the first page, and it's pretty difficult. My damage sucks. My survivability sucks. Staring at all that lightning damage at the top of the tree is tantalizing, especially since it's only 3 points away from the whispers of doom branch. I think it will be worth it to take it. If I hit level 85 and I'm constantly dying because of a lack of life, then I will respec those 8 points I used to get all that lightning damage into something that will give me more survivability.

^^^
Do it.
I used my free respec points to ditch the forsite circle, and took the lightning damage nodes up there. Immediate and huge difference.
This build NEEDS those nodes. At the very least for leveling. Leveling was a chore. Wish I noticed that cluster before.

I don't know if we will want to keep them late game. But as you suggest, easy enough to spec out of them.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Aug 22, 2014, 12:52:22 AM
I'm new to build making myself, but I was just wondering why we skipped over so much damage that was available to us.

I went through some advice and things to come up with this, what do you all think? I thought this would be awesome for standard league.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMHHgelCPQMfQ18DkgQWBB_EQ8RLRGWE54UsBVQFy8dFCTYJpUnqSj6LJwvbzWSOVI64UGHRKtFnUlRSbFJskwtTeNTUlVLVa5V1lcrV8lYB13yYeJk52pDbRlwu3YReC98g34zfll-r3_GgKSCEIIegseFbYhCjDaNGY9Gj6aTJ5UumuCboaSRplenCKyYtAy0OLc-uJO8N7zqvYLAVMHFxp7N-tWB18_YvdkT2V_a3dsL3Yzfit-w4BLlGekC6rrr7uwY74jw1fJF99f5N_no-tL79f4K_o_-sw==
Last edited by Insulation on Aug 22, 2014, 2:33:55 AM
"
Insulation wrote:
I'm new to build making myself, but I was just wondering why we skipped over so much damage that was available to us.

I went through some advice and things to come up with this, what do you all think? I thought this would be awesome for standard league.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMHHgelCPQMfQ18DkgQWBB_EQ8RLRGWE54UsBVQFy8dFCTYJpUnqSj6LJwvbzWSOVI64UGHRKtFnUlRSbFJskwtTeNTUlVLVa5V1lcrV8lYB13yYeJk52pDbRlwu3YReC98g34zfll-r3_GgKSCEIIegseFbYhCjDaNGY9Gj6aTJ5UumuCboaSRplenCKyYtAy0OLc-uJO8N7zqvYLAVMHFxp7N-tWB18_YvdkT2V_a3dsL3Yzfit-w4BLlGekC6rrr7uwY74jw1fJF99f5N_no-tL79f4K_o_-sw==

You're gonna want as much life and mana/mana regen as possible for use with Cloak of Defiance, is my understanding.
I don't think going down to the Shadow tree is the best way to spend points but I don't know.

Honestly I look forward to using CoD cuz...right now I'm so squishy it's pathetic. I took the lightning damage cluster in the north and my damage sky rocketed, but survivability is the pits. Too many mobs this patch/new league jump and leap on you and eat your face for lunch.
Latter levels should be much better but right now...UGH.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Aug 22, 2014, 3:48:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info