Rampage and Beyond Challenges and their Prizes

"
oORyanOo wrote:
Did you get the name Haast from the west coast place Haast? Found that quite interesting haha

Haast's Eagles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haast%27s_eagle

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
cgexile wrote:
"
ghymini wrote:
I like the silver halo helmet effect

You there, good sir, are the first (and only?) one out of 23 pages so far to fancy that mtx reward.

That's like a challenge in and of itself.

Congratulations!

Thank you! One down, seven to go! :D
Concerning two of the challenges I have a question for each.

On the "Reach level 65" challenge do you have to stay alive until 65 in the Rampage league for it to count? In other words can you not die until after reaching level 65 even in the soft-core league?

On the "Own these Unique Items", after acquiring all 44 items at the same time can you trade them to another player for them to get the achievement or must a player have all 44 items in inventory upon completion of the leagues?
"
ripnburn69 wrote:
"
Sori3n wrote:
I was pretty excited to try to do these this time around but that helm effect is up there with the ugliest things I've ever seen in this game. I seriously can't imagine anyone here saying "WOW I want that!". the tentacle wings are a good example of the kind of micro that should be rewarded... something that will look good on any character..

I mean seriously, can you imagine how dumb a marauder will look with this helm effect on?

Edit: Plz GGG give us a pic of a Mara wearing it so we can all fall off our chairs laughing.

I think the tentacled wings look absolutely ridiculas but to each his own.

I'm also not a huge fan of the tentacle wings. I was just trying to think of an example that looks roughly decent on all classes. I think my point still stands about this micro looking absolutely stupid on a mara
"
ghymini wrote:
I was hoping for more details about the challenge leagues in this post but oh well. I like the silver halo helmet effect but really don't see myself completing more than one (Full Clear is most likely) or possibly two of the challenges much less five. I simply don't have that kind of time. :)

Yup, if only the requirement was 4 challenges. I don't see myself being able to Kill Atziri, own those 44 uniques or defeat the Beyond bosses ever.
I don't know how long it'll take to get the masters to level 8, and I really don't want to grind out 64 levels with each of the classes. Now if I can do that challenge with 7 Witches instead, I might acquiesce.
Disappointing that the challenges are mostly grinding/trading/hoarding etc related with very little skill involved. Challenges and achievements that arent challenges or achievements have become a bad habit in the industry.

A bit strange to see so much flak for the mtxs though. They look average or somewhat out of place at worst to me.

"
Rufus82 wrote:
The First Rhoa

Is this one new?

Perhaps the plateau boss is finally receiving a long-overdue power-up.

"
Now if only they'd let me turn my alternate art race rewards into MTX skins I can use across leagues, I'd be all set.

The unofficial item-to-skin mtx thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989281
IGN: KoTao
"
Ianpact wrote:

On the "Reach level 65" challenge do you have to stay alive until 65 in the Rampage league for it to count? In other words can you not die until after reaching level 65 even in the soft-core league?

On the "Own these Unique Items", after acquiring all 44 items at the same time can you trade them to another player for them to get the achievement or must a player have all 44 items in inventory upon completion of the leagues?

You can die as much as you want in Rampage.

You must have all 44 in your stash/on characters when the league ends.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Archwizard on Aug 19, 2014, 9:03:52 AM
"
Ianpact wrote:

I would get all 65s before Ripping any just to make sure, at least it says that if they RIP after you already have the achievement, the achievment stays.

I believe one could lend items in the past but this time there is a note there saying it will uncomplete if you dont have them anymore. Honestly I think its a bad decision, what if I have one valuable unique on my character and he rips in one of the last days of the league and I dont have enough money to buy another one?
I dont like this, If I were in a situation where I had all of them I wouldnt play with say my char holding a bino due to fear of RIPing, not happy with this.

EDIT: nvm didnt see it was about rampage. but well it applies to just beyond I guess (on deaths)
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 19, 2014, 10:59:03 AM
"
Starball wrote:
"
Monfriez wrote:
What happened to?

"Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast.

Wraeclast is a dark, brutal continent. Scarred by mysterious catastrophes of the past and inhabited by creatures of nightmare, the very environment challenges exiles who dare explore it.
We're sick of the recent trend towards bright, cartoony RPGs. The art style we chose for Path of Exile is dark, gritty and realistic. Wraeclast is terrifying, and we've tried hard to do it justice."

+2500

I am not saying I think they look ugly, in fact I think they look pretty cool. It's just that they don't fit the PoE theme, those MTX would be cooler in another game.

We got enough halo's, bright wings, fancy pancy stuff.
I prefer more dark, gritty things. And with that I don't mean the "Hot Topic" style either (arcane and vampiric set, just slap some skulls on it boys!)

Just some ideas I think that would be really cool;

- Backpacks: Big Broken Sandglass on a chain/ Rhoa corpse/ bunch of skulls of fallen enemies / Bloody Arrows or a knife (so it looks like you got hit in the back hehe) / metal spikes, like a huge hedgehog / Smoke, coming from your back. shit looks cool.

- Helmets: Rhoa skull helmet / Big ass demon horn, like a unicorn but scary / Altered bloody and beat up versions of normal character faces "SEE? I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING!" smiling with red theeth from the blood, it always looks badass. instabuy right there.

- Footprints effects; Smoke coming from yo feet/ Darkish green sludge with random splatters where you have walked, not perfect footsteps.

- Gloves: Blood raffled bandages (brawler style) / Blood dripping, scraped arms / wristbands with spikes -so oldskool- / freddy kreuger style gloves / chains, whole arms coiled with chains / Handcuffs n chains from left to right hand

- Feet: Again chained linked feet, cool slave theme / Ball n chain / Bare footed with super dirty feet / Bleeding legs, everywhere you stand still a puddle of blood will form / WOODEN LEGS, fancy ones or simple wooden pegs

In short; I want to look like an exile mostly, a bum fighting to survive, bleeding and battered out for revenge. Some people look really awesome in all their 60 dollar outfits, but there are a lot of kings n queens running around in an exiled city. It removes the dark theme from PoE if you ask me.

That was my rant. Ty for reading :)
Am eager awaiting patch, still a supergood game.

also, i always want a spikey armor effect on the back of my gear, to go with the spikey mohawk hat thing.

and a skeleton dog pet with an animation where he still trys to bite the flees on his arse, and a hyena pet would be awesome, perhaps he laughs at monsters :P .

i agree with those who have said that 5 challenges are out of reach to "casuals" --including those of us who play 20-30-40 hours a week, but still consider ourselves casual. this game has a learning curve, and 8 months in, i've kinda figured out what a viable build is, but not an endgame viable. these things take time. i dont want to play 7 characters to level 65. i'd rather work 1-3 characters and get as far into maps as i can. i dont expect to be meeting atziri for at least another league or two. etc etc.

as for the rewards, a credit to spend on what you want would be of more value to me, but since im not going try for five, my opinion may not really matter on this point.

+1 to something like a skull necklace or a belt of arms, ala kali.
that would be an awesome challenge reward! especially if you have to earn it. (just make sure its accessible to my personal play style :P hehehe jk).

as to the roman thing, meh. the cultures preceding rome were hella interesting, steal a little something from minoan crete :P ... and im really hoping for some sort of katana/disho/samari type skill gem for the dual wielding, since our weapon master moves his blades almost like numchucks in his animation, perhaps you'll give us a little something to do that also? make it deadly!! ;) fingers crossed.

all to say, +1 very exciting expansion. +1 to keeping it nightmareish, less roman blingy things, less wings and shiny things, +1 more blood, murder, bones, horns, and harshly themed things. lethal steel and iron with rust rather than (or at least in addition to) silver and gold.
I am the stone that the builder refused.
~~~~~

Hey Chris! are you guys going to have a launch party at the office?

If you do, post some pictures. It'd be cool to see you guys happy, you all deserved it for all your hard work. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info