[PoESkillTree 2.7.3] Data update and .build exporting

"
Daff_Punk wrote:
Where are the saved builds located now? I'd like to import some beta builds but it doesn't use PersistentData.xml anymore.

All application data are stored in %APPDATA%\PoESkillTree - The Awakening folder.
If you are not familiar where Windows stores application data for programs, follow this:
1) Open command prompt (Run cmd.exe)
2) Change current drive to C:, if you current directory isn't on C drive (CD C:)
3) Change current directory to system application data folder (CD %APPDATA%)
4) List directories starting with "POESKILL" string (DIR POESKILL*)
This will show application data folders of all installed PoESkillTree versions.
"
logosys wrote:
All application data are stored in %APPDATA%\PoESkillTree - The Awakening folder.

I understand the idea to have consistency with the general windows guidelines - but I'd really prefer to keep it possible to use in a 'portable' mode, with all related data in a single folder (either to keep data really mobile on a stick, or to have multiple different 'sources', like to keep/import data from older trees). It sounds as this would not longer be possible..? :sadface:

Now, did a bit of research - and it would really suck to not (longer) have an option for a portable mode...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Jul 13, 2015, 2:10:54 PM
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
logosys wrote:

I understand the idea to have consistency with the general windows guidelines - but I'd really prefer to keep it possible to use in a 'portable' mode, with all related data in a single folder (either to keep data really mobile on a stick, or to have multiple different 'sources', like to keep/import data from older trees). It sounds as this would not longer be possible..? :sadface:

Now, did a bit of research - and it would really suck to not (longer) have an option for a portable mode...

The source is @ github, you can always switch back to "portable" mode with some changes :)
"
xDariuZx wrote:
you can always switch back

If one's willing and able to dig - deep enough - into self-compiling... ^^
--
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
logosys wrote:

Think, you should give a try to setup wizard before concluding that it's not possible anymore ;)
Setup wizard has installation type page, where you can choose between standard (registry driven) and portable installation.
Same problem here - cant insert or copy those links :(
"
logosys wrote:
Think, you should give a try to setup wizard before concluding that it's not possible anymore ;)
Setup wizard has installation type page, where you can choose between standard (registry driven) and portable installation.

Usually I avoid the installer mode if a simple, compressed folder is also available, to prevent from overwriting settings and other possible issues ;)
Its of course fine if the installer lets us decide which mode to use, but its - still - strange if this option is not available for the installer-less 'package'. ^^
--
Can't we get the portable version in a zipfile. I can't access the folders and files that this installer creates, they remain hidden. I have to install it every time I want to use the program.
Awesome tool! well done and thx much0 :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info