[PoESkillTree 2.7.3] Data update and .build exporting

Somehow there is no "poeskilltree.exe" in my folder. Neither in the master version nor in 2.1.3. I don't know how to start the prog now. o.O
I have the same problem!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"
fadekill wrote:
Somehow there is no "poeskilltree.exe" in my folder. Neither in the master version nor in 2.1.3. I don't know how to start the prog now. o.O

Looks like you have downloaded source files instead of actual compiled release.

On main page of GitHub project, the "Download ZIP" button is used to download only source files and not compiled application (if you want to compile application yourself for example).

To get ready to use compiled application you have to click "# releases" button on project summary bar (the one with number of commits/branches/releases/contributors).
This will get you to list of all releases made from latest to oldest.
Each release has its own Downloads list and you are looking for "PoESkillTree-#.#.#.zip" link, which will let you to download the Zip package containing the executable application.

TLDR;
Follow this link to show only latest release:
https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/latest
And at bottom, in Downloads section, click on PoESkillTree-2.1.3.zip.

Note:
After you download Zip package, don't forget to Unblock that downloaded Zip file before extraction, if you are using Windows built-in Zip extraction. Right-click the Zip file and choose Properties. At bottom there will be Unblock button which will let you unblock it.
You are correct, I dl'ed the source. Thanks a lot, it's working now! :)

I guess the new tree for 2.0 with jewel slots isn't available yet?
"
fadekill wrote:
You are correct, I dl'ed the source. Thanks a lot, it's working now! :)

I guess the new tree for 2.0 with jewel slots isn't available yet?

Not yet.
For now you can check tree from beta here http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/
Thanks! Very good job indeed.

It would be great if you could keep older tree versions and have the option to switch between tree versions. What I did is I saved a copy of %AppData%\PoESkillTree (also useful to have a backup of PersistentData.xml) but it would be much smoother if you could just switch them in the program. I would have done it myself, but I know almost nothing about C#.

This way when 2.0 is live, I could easily compare/migrate old character builds to the new tree. That would be even more useful for future non-major patches since the patch-to-patch tree changes won't change builds as much.

I compiled from source with VS2015 and got a tiny error. fixed it by moving line 14 to line 8:
"
1>(snip)\PoESkillTree-master\WPFSKillTree\SkillTreeFiles\SteinerTrees\DistanceLookup.cs(14,6,14,14): error CS1730: Assembly and module attributes must precede all other elements defined in a file except using clauses and extern alias declarations

Cheers
"
logosys wrote:
For now you can check tree from beta here http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/

Thanks, this is exactly why I came to this thread.

I'm a new user, and I love this program.
Last edited by spiralofhope on Jul 9, 2015, 8:37:38 PM
any reason (and, solution?) why the tool constantly crashes (on downloading the new assets) with 2.0, even as it worked well with a 'patched' skilltree.txt for the closed beta?

Spoiler
Exception: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Unexpected end when deserializing object.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Jul 10, 2015, 5:31:08 PM
What is this exactly? You put points into nodes and it calculates how much tooltip dps/resistance/regen/etc you have? Does it take into account your equipment stats?
It mainly 'simulates' the skilltree of your build(s) - in the same way the tree works inside the game or here on the website, just locally. But it also offers you analysis of the stats and optimizing tools; and yes there's also a function to import your item data.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info