[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

Can you give me an example of a good rare dagger?
I'm using bino's atm
At first I want to say thanks for this cool build and guide. I pretty much started playing poe in this league (perandus), because some friends told me that ggg would introduce cool stuff with it and i should give it a try.

At first I wanted to just follow this guide exactly and do not do any changes, but a friend told me that I should make some adjustments because than it would be better for me, and I am really not sure if it is better or he just wanted to sound smart :D
Thats why I decided to ask about your opinions regarding the changes I made and whether i should revert them or keep going with them. I ask about that cause something does not feel right for me when i play my char anymore.

Here is a link to my profile:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/gkkiscus/characters
I can give you further information to my stats too if you need them.

The changes:
* He told me to take vaal pact (even though it clearly says that this build is not made arround vaal pact). He meant that when I get the atziri gloves I should drop vaal pact and not earlier. Not sure if this is counter productive to how the build works...

* The next thing was, that he meant that I should take a poison gem instead one of the proposed once and link it with reave so that the binos effect could be triggered. Another point with binos was that I should not take "ambush" in the ascendancy stuff but instead "toxic delivery" since he meant it would be better with the poison gem.

* And lastly he said that I should dump as many jewels into the skill tree as possible because they are so good (and some other nodes which were not in the original skill tree)

Do these changes make sense? Because I think I do not really like the poison gem and the poison ascendancy points. And I am not truly convinced about those jewels :D

Another noob questions from me is which item(s) I should replace next. The items seem relatively solid to me overall (except that 5 link instead of 6).
On the one hand I would have searched for a better dagger with more damage because it takes relatively long to kill the merciless izaro dude but on the other hand I sometimes get almost one shot by some monsters (bosses) and I do not know what defensive itemss would improve my char overall. (all defensive are at 75% at merciless, except chaos). Is the taste of hate flask my next goal to get, or better other items?

At the moment I do farm maps up to t10 (didn't get any higher maps yet) and started farming the merciless lab with a friend which does work relatively good.

Sorry for the long post and all those (beginner) questions. Would be happy if someone has some spare time to answer, if not I will just do what feels right :D
Thanks for any answers in advance and thanks again for build.

edit:
I bought a new dagger (a bit over 300pDPS. Best I could find and afford in perandus) and replaced the Binos with it. And then i switched from "toxic delivery" to "ambush" like proposed in the guide.
Last edited by gkkiscus on Mar 31, 2016, 1:47:42 PM
Btw, how actually important for reave is accuracy rating? What hit chance is satisfactory and whats aspire to?
So why would you ever need power charge on critical? Shouldn't you get plenty of power charges from Assassin ascendancy tree?
"
Apolloco wrote:
Why would you get Ambush over Toxic Delivery then? Ambush merely provides a strong first hit whereas Toxic Delivery would help give you consistent DPS through an entire boss fight.

Thank you very much for answering all my questions, it is much appreciated!

Ambush allows you to already start the map crit capped, so building up your power charges is much faster. It also gives you a nice dmg boost against trash monsters. The ~5% effective DPS increase from Toxic Delivery is really insignificant.

"
Hydroclasm wrote:
I'm also curious about the frenzy charges - there doesn't seem to be a way to maintain them (or generate them) against a single target? How do you fight against bosses with no or minimal extra monsters? Would the Frenzy skill fit anywhere in this build to solve those issues?

Thanks for the guide.

If you rush, you can keep your Frenzy charges most of the time for the majority of the bossfight.
Frenzy = melee = walk close to boss = time loss & danger to get hit

"
zjasonyang wrote:
another question,

would you suggest to take VP before Acuity?
or is there any other options?

thanks

If you pay attention you can avoid every pyhs reflect monster. In case you are really struggiling hard, you need to get VP.

"
loboman96 wrote:
Can you give me an example of a good rare dagger?
I'm using bino's atm

The answer to what is considered as "good" depends on the league you are playing in.

"
Cifer4th wrote:
Btw, how actually important for reave is accuracy rating? What hit chance is satisfactory and whats aspire to?

Aim for 90%+ hit chance.

"
So why would you ever need power charge on critical? Shouldn't you get plenty of power charges from Assassin ascendancy tree?

Unstable Infusion = chance to get PC on non crit
You always want to stay at crit cap, so UI will never give you any PC.

@gkkiscus I will have a look at it later
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
gkkiscus wrote:
Spoiler
At first I want to say thanks for this cool build and guide. I pretty much started playing poe in this league (perandus), because some friends told me that ggg would introduce cool stuff with it and i should give it a try.

At first I wanted to just follow this guide exactly and do not do any changes, but a friend told me that I should make some adjustments because than it would be better for me, and I am really not sure if it is better or he just wanted to sound smart :D
Thats why I decided to ask about your opinions regarding the changes I made and whether i should revert them or keep going with them. I ask about that cause something does not feel right for me when i play my char anymore.

Here is a link to my profile:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/gkkiscus/characters
I can give you further information to my stats too if you need them.

The changes:
* He told me to take vaal pact (even though it clearly says that this build is not made arround vaal pact). He meant that when I get the atziri gloves I should drop vaal pact and not earlier. Not sure if this is counter productive to how the build works...

* The next thing was, that he meant that I should take a poison gem instead one of the proposed once and link it with reave so that the binos effect could be triggered. Another point with binos was that I should not take "ambush" in the ascendancy stuff but instead "toxic delivery" since he meant it would be better with the poison gem.

* And lastly he said that I should dump as many jewels into the skill tree as possible because they are so good (and some other nodes which were not in the original skill tree)

Do these changes make sense? Because I think I do not really like the poison gem and the poison ascendancy points. And I am not truly convinced about those jewels :D

Another noob questions from me is which item(s) I should replace next. The items seem relatively solid to me overall (except that 5 link instead of 6).
On the one hand I would have searched for a better dagger with more damage because it takes relatively long to kill the merciless izaro dude but on the other hand I sometimes get almost one shot by some monsters (bosses) and I do not know what defensive itemss would improve my char overall. (all defensive are at 75% at merciless, except chaos). Is the taste of hate flask my next goal to get, or better other items?

At the moment I do farm maps up to t10 (didn't get any higher maps yet) and started farming the merciless lab with a friend which does work relatively good.

Sorry for the long post and all those (beginner) questions. Would be happy if someone has some spare time to answer, if not I will just do what feels right :D
Thanks for any answers in advance and thanks again for build.

edit:
I bought a new dagger (a bit over 300pDPS. Best I could find and afford in perandus) and replaced the Binos with it. And then i switched from "toxic delivery" to "ambush" like proposed in the guide.

Your dagger doesn't have any crit, which is where a majority of your dmg comes from. You should either search for a new one, or replace the iAS craft with a crit mod.
Your atacks already have a chance to poison on hit thanks to Adders Touch, so getting the Poison gem is totally superfluous. Apart from that poison is quite useless for this build, so you should stay away from Fatal Toxins & Toxic Delivery.
I would try to upgrade the rings & amulet first. Replace Maligaros with rare gloves or Shadows and Dust.
Instant leech become useful, once you insane amounts of damage and you start overleeching alot. I don't think you are at that threshold yet. At your stage more life nodes should be more effective.
Intuitive Leap doesn't do anyting for you: You spend two points to save two nodes. In the end it only results in you loosing Charge duration (which is quite handy to have).
Jewels are very strong, however this builds needs every life node that it can get. Getting more nodes in the Scion life wheel is less efficient than Jewels, but necessery for your defence So unless you have a Jewel with a high life roll + 2 useful damage mods, taking life ndoes is a priority.
Non-legacy ToH isn't that good anymore, a Basalt Flask will provide you with more dmg reduction at significantly lower cost.

Think I have touched all the topics. If you still have open questions, feel free to ask.
Hey candoerfer thanks again for this awesome guide, wanted your opinion on something, I'm really intrigued by the Raider, onslaught and massive frenzy charges seem really fun, at the expense of crit obviously, I'm actually leveling a Scion atm, gonna go assassin/raider, plus Scion benefits from 10% inc aoe/area dmg at start, what do you think, viable or waste of time and just stick with Shadow/Assassin?
"
candoerfer wrote:

Think I have touched all the topics. If you still have open questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you for taking the time to look into my profile and writing this long reply :)

I replaced the IAS for crit on my dagger for now and will rework my skilltree at the weekend (removing jewels and unnecessary nodes).
I think I will need to farm some more currency before I can replace rings/gloves with something more meaningful :D
"
Setracset wrote:
Hey candoerfer thanks again for this awesome guide, wanted your opinion on something, I'm really intrigued by the Raider, onslaught and massive frenzy charges seem really fun, at the expense of crit obviously, I'm actually leveling a Scion atm, gonna go assassin/raider, plus Scion benefits from 10% inc aoe/area dmg at start, what do you think, viable or waste of time and just stick with Shadow/Assassin?

Scion start is really bad and none of the Ascendent's perks are very meaningful for this build.
Raider is a decent Ascendency, however you would no longer be able to go super defensive and pick up all the scion life wheel nodes, because you would once again need to plan the build around picking up every single crit node, leaving you with somewhat little defences.
Hey everyone, anyone tried to do atziri with this build? Is it possible?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info