Marauder design influenced by Maori?

Sorry for being off topic here but what is an Alpha member and how do you achieve such a title?
wrong section, but alpha member is person who have tested game since alpha stage
That's pretty cool, you don't see much influence in games from New Zealand. GGG will certainly be changing this!

Actually the Kiwis must be feeling pretty good these days, also dominating the sports scene.. that is the All Blacks in union and the New Zealand Warriors in the rugby league absolutely caning it...

Now we will see more Maori ass kicking this time on the gaming screen =p
After reading this thread I looked up the Maori and thought "these guys are pretty cool", but then i saw the Haka and some other war dances, and just flipped my shit lol. I WISH American sports had something this cool! I'm so interested in rugby now after watching the All Blacks just pump it up like straight up BOSSES. lol

Makes me a little ashamed that I don't really know anything about my history or foundation pre 100 years or so ago, let alone up to 1000 years. But here in America, cool stuff like that seems to be for the most part a severely neglected aspect of life and tradition. Shame for how awesome it is, heh.
I forget the name of the game (and google isn't much help), but there was a game on PS2 a awhile back that starred a huge warrior featuring Maori inspired tattoos. The Maori tribe took great offense to this and got a public apology from the game developers.
Hopefully there will be a taunt key which invokes a Haka war dance!
Gangplank - Level 73 Mara.

"I ate some oranges and it was k"
He does look Maoric(but then again at first I thought he was inspired by some kind of African tribe). I also hope if that is really inspiration for him that there won't be any changes to looks because of Maori protests or w/e.
"
Luigieee wrote:
Can't help but notice how the Marauder looks Maori, if so, this is awesome!

I was just wondering that myself.

Either that or a big tatted-up Samoan.

If so, (for either) that would be awesome!!!
"
mulciber wrote:
The Maori are a native race in this country (New Zealand) and are quite renown as great warriors. The Maori were were such a strong, intelligent and savage people when the English landed here in 1840 that they decided that they would work together rather than the hostile takeover that they were used to. Because of this the Maori culture still thrives today. Great story.

They also have one of the deepest (and surviving) ritual tattoo histories.

The tattoo artist that did my left arm, Mr. G of Triangle Tattoo, Fort Bragg studied under the Maori.

Traditional tattoo methods are pretty hardcore.
"
Plaguenog wrote:
I forget the name of the game (and google isn't much help), but there was a game on PS2 a awhile back that starred a huge warrior featuring Maori inspired tattoos. The Maori tribe took great offense to this and got a public apology from the game developers.

Mark of Kri, IIRC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info