Marauder design influenced by Maori?

Can't help but notice how the Marauder looks Maori, if so, this is awesome!
I noticed that too :D not too surprising, as ggg is an NZ company. There's other NZ culture hints too, like the Rhoa.
[15:51] desophos: Loincloth + Leap Slam = unfortunate.
same here. I have actually seen drawings etc of Maori chanting before battle which looks exactly like this. There is no mistake, I feel confident enough to say that the Marauder was based on the Maori design.

Note: The Maori were great fighters. I just hope that they live up to the image.
Second in Command of PoE Clan - The Exiled
www.theexiledclan.org
shhhh! Not too loud...otherwise the bloody maori's will get upset that the games using their culture without permission and will want a cut of the games profits....
Everything for nothing....dispite the fact that its drawing huge audiances to NZ which will pay off economically....
The Exiled Clan
www.exiledclan.org

Recruiting all new players now!
Last edited by purepower on Jul 8, 2011, 8:15:13 PM
Don't worry. All the designers have to do is find out one of their Ancestors who were part Maori. (Almost everyone in NZ is some ridiculously small part Maori but any amount will do.) After that, they can say it's their own culture too which means that they are allowed to base a character on the Maori.
Second in Command of PoE Clan - The Exiled
www.theexiledclan.org
For us that aren't familiar, would someone care to explain what exactly a Maori is and a bit about their origins?
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
--Martin Luther King, Jr.
I first heard of the Maori on Deadliest Warrior. They seemed impressive, and I was curious why I'd never heard of them before.
that's pretty cool!
The Maori are a native race in this country (New Zealand) and are quite renown as great warriors. The Maori were were such a strong, intelligent and savage people when the English landed here in 1840 that they decided that they would work together rather than the hostile takeover that they were used to. Because of this the Maori culture still thrives today. Great story.
Not even death can save you from me...
Last edited by mulciber on Aug 23, 2011, 10:51:34 PM
Maybe the Marauder can perform the haka and give all party members +strength +armor and scare the sh*t out of his enemies :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info