[1.3.0 HC] Zaun's Level 100 Blood Magic Dual Crit Flame Totem (Atziri HC Capable, 200k+ shotgun dps)

I'm thinking how to increase defense of this character.

After patch and skills mana cost reduction is blood magic still needed in this build?

I was thinking about droping it to stack some armor + using determination aura and purity of lighting to help with the dmg from ligthing coil.

Eventually if the answer is no then it is worth to take Mortal Conviction passive, reduced mana and alpha's howl to reduce purity of ligthing cost to around 9 % and reserve own life to gain those extra 5% max ligthing resist?

The thing is that this build is all about life stacking with no armor or any other form of mitigation dmg beside endurence charges. I would like to push it even further somehow.

Please give me some tips!
Be water, my friend.
Last edited by delgar89 on Aug 26, 2014, 4:13:06 PM
http://puu.sh/b9Ff3/f56ec2433b.jpg

Im level 80 right now playing a Crit Flame Totem Build. My Dps PER STREAM right now is 5500 or 6200 with a level 4 haste. That means my theoretical dps is 62k with 10 streams hitting. That is before assasin's mark increased crit. (This is also with a shield)

I would strongly recommend staying with Blood Magic and also taking mortal conviction. Herald of ice is a HUGE dps increase for only 7% reserved health later on.

I've got 3.5k health with 350 ES. Capped ressies and running a shield which really helps with my low armor.

The clear speed is crazy good and the survivability is pretty solid too. You can play really safe if you're hardcore and sit back behind your totems. With the new potions you dont need as much HP regen as last league and Flame totem is cheaper to use.
Last edited by KBdark on Aug 27, 2014, 1:45:44 AM
I used this build but I went Dual Totems. Thanks for the guide.
"
KBdark wrote:
I would strongly recommend staying with Blood Magic and also taking mortal conviction. Herald of ice is a HUGE dps increase for only 7% reserved health later on.

The thing is that I forgot to mention that I play at Beyond league. So the extra dmg is not the priority for me here. You think this build without Blood Magic is not efficient in mana usage?
Be water, my friend.
Last edited by delgar89 on Aug 27, 2014, 4:03:30 PM
Thoughts on Apep's Rage wand?
IGN: darkelixir
"
SovereigNx wrote:
Thoughts on Apep's Rage wand?

It would work but in the end a good wand with more spell damage, crit chance/mp for spells etc. will be better probably. Cast speed is real nice though and the added chaos damage could make the gem less important... or combined give a good chunk of chaos damage as total damage. The increased mana cost is not a problem imho when running blood magic with decent life regen.
I would probably use it if I found one.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
does this
destroy enemies when they are ignited by Flame Totems?
Need some advice on my skill tree...

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEC4wQHBLMFQgelDkgRlhQgFE0UcRZvFr8YkRo4GmwfAiSqJOEmlScvJ-0pTyoTLJwspy0fMok2xTbpOlhBlkmySsRMs1AwUEdVS1XGV-JZ81orXfJfP2Hiah5sFnBScNVyqXhpf8aCEIPbhX2HGYnTjDaOZJBVlSCdY52uns2iAKKjo_KkrKSxpwinMKeEqBisqq6ztvq8n8AawfPQ9dIh2CTa3dte37Dfv-Nq45_kIuWO6hjsOO8O8i_2rvcy96b46_tF_Es=

Should I go for the sniper node? Is it useful or should I just get the Throatseeker node and rest to hp?
Should I get mortal conviction and throw in herald of ice?

Spoiler

These are my current items, what should I get as an upgrade for my wand/shield?
Do I prioritize spell damage, crit chance, crit multiplier, or cast speed?

Tooltip dps at 3.2k without herald of ice.

Last edited by Masonic__ on Aug 30, 2014, 7:10:00 AM
Is there a functional Zaun's Skill Tree when a link in the introductory speech does not work?
I ripped my lvl72 witch with this build last weekend. Went to do a simple dungeon map lvl66 but didnt realize the boss fight changed just like brutus. Spawned straight in the room with nowhere to hide... put down totems and started kiting the boss but when the spikes came I was 2-shot. Had 3,7k HP. Was playing careful all the time and the build really started to shine and then this stupid map. I'm not playing this map again soon. Now I'll have to get some quality gems again to start over.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info