How come there are no duelists?

In the top ladders? O_o
Their position in the skill tree is rather lacking and its already been acknowledged by the developers so thats probably why.
Oh, devs are planning on buffing them?
Two big reasons.

Most classes have to pick a vague direction to move in for their start area. Example, templar: 1-hand melee, 2-hand melee, spell. Duelist have to make a much more specific choice: Bow, 1-h/shield, 2h, dual wield. It's a little restrictive and limits your equip options along the way Buying shield passives will make you feel like you always have to wear a shield. buying dual wield passives will make you feel like you always have to be dual wielding. But what if you bought shield passives and can't find a good shield, but have two good 1h weapons? What if you bought dual wield passives and can't find a good second weapon? It's restrictive.

Second: sword/axe, and skill support for those weapon types. Enough said.

Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
So going bow and arrow as duelist...won't be as good as ranger?
The big issue is that anything duelists can do, marauders and/or rangers can do better.
Wow, they must really be in a bad spot. How come GGG hasn't done anything about it yet??
"
renroval wrote:
Wow, they must really be in a bad spot. How come GGG hasn't done anything about it yet??

Probably all hands are on deck for dealing with gameplay bugs right now. Stuff like disconnects and desyncs.
I suppose.

But how, makes me wonder how this got skipped in closed beta.
There are plenty of successful Duelists out there, just not many. Since dual-wielding has no AoE skills yet, making a pure dual-wield character is basically impossible. Also, I am very shocked that there are no life on hit nodes near the Duelist since he specializes in attack speed. His tankiness is rather low compared to a Maurader, yet he has the biggest hp regen nodes. There are just a ton of things wrong with the Duelist area that they are not very viable past Cruel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info