Bed wrote:
Tooltip dual strike 48k dps
Tooltip cyclone 24k dps

Both kill equally quickly

All we know from this is that
1) the tooltip isn't able to correctly give the damage output of these 2 skills
2) cyclone appears to have twice the "damage effectiveness" of dual strike

Possible conclusions based solely of these observations:

1) Cyclone's "real" dps is actually twice the tooltip - 48k, dual strike's is also 48k.
2) Dual strike's "real" dps is actually half the tooltip - 24k, cyclone's is also 24k.
3) Both cyclone and dual strike have exactly 295 million "real" dps
4) Both cyclone and dual strike have exactly 1.2k "real" dps

The point is that it's pointless to directly compare dps values of different skills, and worse to automatically assume case 1) - that the higher damage option is always right. Without further testing it's hard to conclude that your "real" dps is twice the tooltip, it would theoretically be equally plausible that cyclone's tooltip is accurate and dual strike's is just twice what is should be (unlikely I'd say given the mechanics of cyclone but it's the point that matters). People compare the damage effectiveness of builds against other builds using the same skill, not completely different builds.

So yeah, use the tooltip, it's the only way to get a proper feel to the build. Comparing it to some arbitrary other skill and cherry-picking a higher dps value from tooltip comparisons wont win you any friends :P

Good to see you've changed the title anyway, build seems solid (Y)

Ok, you convinced me, I won't compare Cyclone DPS to other skills ;p

Edit:
I've counted DPS manually and I'm surprised a bit, it's equal to tooltip :F Ok, all of you are right.
Last edited by O2lsie on Jul 30, 2014, 4:12:22 PM
Just killed Atziri and you know what? It's much easier than expected. Double Vaal - they were dead before they attacked. Second bosses - easy too, 50% block and 75% chance to evade works well. Atziri - I did few mistakes, I ran Purity of Fire, so my light res was under 60% and I had to pop a flask when she attacked with light, but of course I forgot about it ;p Double flameblast is no problem with flask. I won't upload Atziri video, because I died twice due to that light damage :D But everything is really fast thanks to 40k dps.

I'll upload Vaal and second bosses fights. For Atziri I need new set to record video without my stupid mistakes :F You can help with this and provide me set, I'll do service for you for free (hope yours). IGN: Mjelonka.

Edit:
Added Atziri fight video.
Last edited by O2lsie on Aug 1, 2014, 8:50:35 PM
is this build so expensive?
how good is this build without any legacy items?
"
nouser wrote:
is this build so expensive?

It's playable without Soul Taker but you'll lose some DPS, because of Blood Magic gem. Legacy BoR is useful but not needed, you can use new one. You can even use Carnage Heart instead of Daresso's Salute. So it's just few Exalts to get pretty good gear. I'm going to start with this build in incoming leagues.

"
Chorcher wrote:
how good is this build without any legacy items?

Legacy is only BoR, with normal one (144 HP) i've got about 250 HP and 1k DPS less.
Last edited by O2lsie on Aug 3, 2014, 6:50:21 AM
I would like to try this build in the new league but I worry the new tree and leveling progression. ah .. and the soul taker in new league O.Ö.
"
nouser wrote:
I would like to try this build in the new league but I worry the new tree and leveling progression. ah .. and the soul taker in new league O.Ö.

Yep, I don't expect I'll run with Soul Taker, but with two ~260 DPS weapons I've got 18k Cyclone DPS (without Melee Damage on Full Life and Daresso's Salute). That's enough to clear maps fast. I worry about tree too, previous updates destroyed my two characters.
Ok, I've tried some combinations in poebuilder and it seems that we only lose +3 to max res (+2 to max fire). HP and DPS gain or loss shouldn't be noticeable.

You can see updated level 100 build here:
https://poebuilder.com/builds/O2lsie-harvester
"
O2lsie wrote:
Ok, I've tried some combinations in poebuilder and it seems that we only lose +3 to max res (+2 to max fire). HP and DPS gain or loss shouldn't be noticeable.

Deleted :(
"
just790208 wrote:
"
O2lsie wrote:

Deleted :(

Updated, build is on first page.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info