Uber Atziri Capable Builds - 1.1 to 2.0

"
Mathil wrote:
Just got her down with my Fakener spec which is... kinda melee? Kinda budget? (20-30ex, mostly the 6L voll)

Uploading a video later tonight.

Added to spell-based and budget section since the cast on crit specs deal damage based on the spells they trigger.

Big congratz! Never would have thought a Voll's spec would have done it to be perfectly honest xD
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Oct 3, 2014, 2:59:40 PM
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1079158/page/1/#p9061082

To my knowledge, first recorded HC Uber Kill post-snapchat nerf.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Oct 5, 2014, 5:36:45 AM
Ahem, CoC is anything but a caster build. Just because it spawns spells that doesnt really mean that its caster based. It builds up on the bonuses provided for attack, which is insane crit chance from Wands and insane attack speed from Blood Rage and probably 25+ projectiles that procc the crits per second.

It has literally nothing in common with a caster build. It should probably be classified as special. There isnt a single viable caster build for Uber in a hardcore environment (is there one in Standard/Rampage?). And I doubt that will change soon. Cold casters have been god damn abysmal for ages. Not even LL Dual Void Batteries make skills like Freezing Pulse good enough to be compared to builds that cost less. The buff didnt do much because the skill still has significant drawbacks that over almost impossible to overcome (if you have to worry about dying).
"
nynyny wrote:
Ahem, CoC is anything but a caster build. Just because it spawns spells that doesnt really mean that its caster based. It builds up on the bonuses provided for attack, which is insane crit chance from Wands and insane attack speed from Blood Rage and probably 25+ projectiles that procc the crits per second.

It has literally nothing in common with a caster build. It should probably be classified as special. There isnt a single viable caster build for Uber in a hardcore environment (is there one in Standard/Rampage?). And I doubt that will change soon. Cold casters have been god damn abysmal for ages. Not even LL Dual Void Batteries make skills like Freezing Pulse good enough to be compared to builds that cost less. The buff didnt do much because the skill still has significant drawbacks that over almost impossible to overcome (if you have to worry about dying).

True that it isn't related to caster but the label is "Spell-based" and since the damage is coming from the spells I see no reason it can't be classed as that.
If anything its a combination of both. Yes, the spells deal the damamge but without the attacks you couldnt have spell procs, ergo no spell damage. So the build is attack based because it needs to attack to even deal damage but also spell based because the spells are what deal the damage after the attack triggered them.

You cant CoC without an attack. Which makes it impossible for it to not be attack based.

e: The reason why I mention this is because the list gives the wrong impression. It looks nice that you have Attack- and Spell-builds listed and makes the game look balanced. But in reality its almost always an attack based build that abuses Blood Rage. As I said, I dont know of a single caster build that can actually kill her right now.

Lets be honest here. Spell-build heavily implies Caster.
Last edited by nynyny on Oct 5, 2014, 5:16:26 PM
"
nynyny wrote:
If anything its a combination of both. Yes, the spells deal the damamge but without the attacks you couldnt have spell procs, ergo no spell damage. So the build is attack based because it needs to attack to even deal damage but also spell based because the spells are what deal the damage after the attack triggered them.

You cant CoC without an attack. Which makes it impossible for it to not be attack based.

When I designed the labels, essentially I had them categorised on what dealt the damage maybe not so much the trigger, the SRS builds aren't really summoners, they are more casters but we'll forgive them on that just the same =)

If more people think that the CoC should not be under "spell-based" obviously I will move them =)
Last edited by Chundadragon on Oct 5, 2014, 5:19:18 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
nynyny wrote:

When I designed the labels, essentially I had them categorised on what type of damage they dealt maybe not so much the trigger, the SRS builds aren't really summoners, they are more casters but we'll forgive them on that just the same =)

If more people think that the CoC should not be under "spell-based" obviously I will move them =)

The reason why I mention this is because the list gives the wrong impression. It looks nice that you have Attack- and Spell-builds listed and makes the game look balanced. But in reality its almost always an attack based build that abuses Blood Rage. As I said, I dont know of a single caster build that can actually kill her right now.

Lets be honest here. Spell-build heavily implies Caster. Its not comparable to SRS situation at all. All Summoners are essentially casters after all.
Last edited by nynyny on Oct 5, 2014, 5:19:11 PM
"
nynyny wrote:

The reason why I mention this is because the list gives the wrong impression. It looks nice that you have Attack- and Spell-builds listed and makes the game look balanced. But in reality its almost always an attack based build that abuses Blood Rage. As I said, I dont know of a single caster build that can actually kill her right now.

Lets be honest here. Spell-build heavily implies Caster. Its not comparable to SRS situation at all. All Summoners are essentially casters after all.

Hmm, I'll make a few adjustments to the list =)
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
nynyny wrote:

When I designed the labels, essentially I had them categorised on what dealt the damage maybe not so much the trigger, the SRS builds aren't really summoners, they are more casters but we'll forgive them on that just the same =)

I definitely feel that SRS should be labeled as caster. You literally have to stand still and cast the spell... IF you mess up during uber atziri's split phase, goodluck standing still casting SRS trying to get those damn things to target the one you want. I've killed uber with SRS and I died during the phase, I know.. lol It's not fun. But to have SRS under something other than "Caster" is just silly..
IGN Ken__Kaniff
Last edited by Knightmare101 on Oct 6, 2014, 12:14:33 PM
"
Knightmare101 wrote:
I definitely feel that SRS should be labeled as caster. You literally have to stand still and cast the spell... IF you mess up during uber atziri's split phase, goodluck standing still casting SRS trying to get those damn things to target the one you want. I've killed uber with SRS and I died during the phase, I know.. lol It's not fun. But to have SRS under something other than "Caster" is just silly..

SRS is a such a grey area to me - many people would classify it as summoner because of taking the minion nodes, in addition to that the minions will attack whilst you aren't summoning if they are still active.

Whilst on the other hand, you literally do nothing but summon a skill that is self-cast and can be supported by spell-echo gems.

I guess I'm content in leaving it at special =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info