Legit Level 1 Vaal SOLO 0 Deaths 0 Portals 0 Skill Points. ( 2 Years Ago )

"
Pohx wrote:
"
Zvim wrote:
I think you spent more time and effort fighting the constructs than you did Vaal. I think this highlights the massive gulf in difficulty between melee and ranged, try doing Vaal as a level 1 marauder meleeing, would still be doable because Vaal telegraphs his smash but the risks are much higher as you desync and rubber band around a lot more with melee.

It definitely would be much more fun as a melee, The main problem with it though is the Accuracy. Same with being ranged. Everyone thinks having level 1 unique makes you overpowered. You probably have a 75%-85% Miss chance with this current level difference, which would make Melee a BITCH lmao.

Yeah, I always take resolute technique for melee (which isn't an option as a level 1).

I think the video is a very good learning tool for players new to the game because the biggest problem for new players is they just stand there and take a lot of punishment they can avoid by moving around, harder to do with melee but even with melee you can say move and cleave, move and ground slam or whatever so you are constantly out of the melee range of mobs, much easier vs slow moving mobs of course.

When you look at the good players play vs the not so good, that is always what sticks out to me, the ability to keep in motion as much as possible and to significantly reduce incoming damage by avoiding the avoidable damage as much as possible.

>:D
"
Tyrrlan wrote:
"
Rollback wrote:
Personally, I find Vaal to be one of the easiest bosses, but a lot of people don't feel the same way.

Vaal's a great example of a boss who will smash your face if you're being melee, but who you can really beat down if you're ranged.In some ways, I wish more bosses were like that.

Fixed.
Last edited by emtwo on Jul 26, 2013, 9:54:03 PM
"
emtwo wrote:
"
Tyrrlan wrote:
"
Rollback wrote:
Personally, I find Vaal to be one of the easiest bosses, but a lot of people don't feel the same way.

Vaal's a great example of a boss who will smash your face if you're being melee, but who you can really beat down if you're ranged.In some ways, I wish more bosses were like that.

Fixed.

I'm confused. What's fixed?
>:)
:D
OH I REMEMBER THIS, IT WAS AWESOME, IF RATHER BORING TO WATCH.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
emtwo wrote:
"
Tyrrlan wrote:
"
Rollback wrote:

Fixed.

Well if you alove him to hit you then yes. if you play HC then he is also very eays for melee
bump, pohx is the only one who can do this shit, lil noobies
World first?

Nice job!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info