1.1.0 Incinerate Atziri Farmer

Feel free to check out my higher budget RF Incinerate Uber Atziri guide!
- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/986047
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to my short guide explaining the potential of the Incinerate skill. I aim to prove that Incinerate can compete with cyclone/block tanks and dual-strikers that are very popular Atziri farming builds.

The minimum requirements for the build to work are:
- Tabula Rasa (or any ES oriented 5-linked chest)
- Stone of Lazhwar
- Rathpith Globe
- Cybil's Paw

In-Depth survivability explanation:
Spoiler
You might imagine each mechanic described as a "layer", and with each "layer" you add to a build the more tankier it becomes. Part of my aim was to include as many layers as possible into the build, as a result it shares a lot of similarities to melee builds.

86% Maximum resistances for fire and lightning with 75% spell block means that elemental deals relatively no damage to you. With a Saffell's Frame, you gain up to 90% fire and lightning resistance without using a flask. Corrupting a "+1% to maximum resistances" mod on your Stone of Lazhwar amulet is highly beneficial since it means you take 10% less damage from elemental sources due to going from 90% resistance to 91%. Legacy Saffel's Frame brings you to 92%. This enables you to take many hits from Atziri if you fail to block any of them. Vaal lasers miss you constantly due to block and only shock you for 3 seconds a time dealing roughly 350 damage - which is nothing. Getting past the blue mobs outside between boss fights is also safe because of this.

Lightning coil, although very much an end-game luxury, makes physical damage deal considerably less. Aim for B-B-B-B-G-G coloured links, drop a blue socket if you run a five link, losing faster casting. You need atleast three blue off coloured sockets in this chest, costing roughly 1k chromatics to roll, getting four blues is 10k chromatics according to the online chromatic calculator which uses player gathered data.

Arctic Armour does exactly what it does, makes small hits irrelevant. You don't need this at all to deal with reflect due to having such a high resist cap. If leveling this build, you should be using an ES based chest armour meaning that instead of the "40% physical to lightning" conversion, you are able to run a level 20 Arctic Armour that benefits from the Inner Force passives. You rely on the flat "-X amount" from Arctic Armour as your physical mitigation, this is absolutely fine all the way up until you decide to invest in a Lightning Coil. A Lightning Coil gives less overall mana, so you are limited to approximately a level 16 or so Arctic Armour depending on the ES granted from the rest of your gear. Perfect gear can run a level 20 Arctic Armour and a Lightning Coil becoming absolutely absurdly resistant to physical damage. FoxTactic's RF Surgeon Arc build uses this combination, credit goes to his build for this one.

57% chance to block attacks with Tempest Shield, you could potentially go higher block chance but elemental spell damage is a much higher priority since late-game either a lot of elemental damage kills you or one big physical vaal smash will. With the Blind Gem on your Tempest Shield you maintain 12% chance to blind on successful block, Blind stacked on top of decent block chance makes attackers extremely unlikely to land a successful hit on you.

Spellblock is especially valuable for dealing with Lightning Thorns and Atziri, you mitigate so much reflected damage that with "1% elemental leech" from Doryani's Catalyst or "+8 Life oh-hit with spells" from Cybil's Paw that you still sustain through the damage. Doryani's means you can't effectively make use of the Added Chaos Damage support gem, chaos is not an element so it does not leech life using the scepter despite the fact it does not reflect back to you. Added Cold/Lightning are better choices in this situation. Cybil's or any other mainhand will get more dps from Added Chaos but you are also increasing the mana cost by 10%. 140% -> 150% multiplier.

Immortal Call and Increased Duration combined with +45% buff duration by skills from the passive tree allow me to upkeep a 10 second Immortal Call with 4 Endurance Charges. (+1 from Merciless Oak reward) You take absolutely zero damage from the Atziri Trio if you use this correctly, it is by far the safest way of completing this boss fight. 10 Seconds is manageable, when you approach the level 90 mark in levels you can look to investing in two more Endurance Charges, giving you much more breathing room for making sure you never forget to refresh the buff duration.

Atziri boss killing explanation:
Spoiler
I would recommend you only attempt an Atziri run with these prerequisites:
1. 88%+ resistances with Saffell's Frame
2. 70%+ spellblock with Saffell's Frame
3. 4500+ Hitpoints, 5000 is more manageable though
4. You can sustain Immortal Call for eight seconds total
5. You deal 2500dps tooltip with LMP on your Incinerate

The reasoning behind these requirements comes from my experience with the boss, if I failed to have any of these stats I would not feel comfortable killing all of the bosses without dying. The same limitation applies for hardcore leagues except I would instead wait until I have 75% spellblock and 90% resists. The tooltip dps requirement is there to allow you to manage the minions that Atziri spawns during the "Shield" phase.

When you load up the map, you are confronted by rooms full of blue, magic monsters. You can equip the Blind Gem and kill them safely with a Rathpith Globe. Use Arctic Armour to negate the ranged minion's damage and keep your lightning resist capped. Immortal Call if ever you desync or get cornered.

Outside the double Vaal boss room, switch shields for a Saffell's Frame. You no longer need Arctic Armour for this fight or Tempest Shield since your spellblock should be very overcapped with this shield. Keep in mind you lose approximately 800 mana from switching shields, make sure you can cast Incinerate without problems first. You should have at least one Lightning Resistance Flask in your inventory ready to use with "Remove Shock" rolled on it. You can now enter the boss room and begin the fight. Damage the Vaal's evenly, try not to focus one in particular. If you cannot tank well you may want to dodge the lasers and kill the mobs that are spawned to gain flask charges back. Use resistance flasks for safety if you are standing under the ball lightning attacks. Avoid Vaal smashes at all cost, this is the most important part to remember and try to use your range while Incinerating. Bring both Vaal's low and culling strike one after the other as quickly as possible. If one dies, the Vaal remaining becomes hasted and more dangerous, it is still very manageable with this build but it is unnecessary to fight one.
Leave the room, switch back to your Rathpith Globe and continue to the next boss chamber.

After passing the blue, magic monsters you will arrive outside the Atziri Trio boss room. Your equipment will be your Rathpith Globe, all four auras and your arctic armour. Swap your Faster Projectiles Gem for a Blind Gem in your Incinerate, you need to blind the Cyclone and Dual Strike bosses. Immortal call is all you need to be thinking about during the fight, keep this up at all times. If you desync or fail to remember you can simply spam your Seething Flasks and Lighting Warp to an empty section of the chamber. Kill the minions to gain flask charges or wait for your Enduring Cry to come off cooldown and try again. The order in which you kill the minions is the Cyclone Boss first, followed by the Dual Striker and lastly the Titty Bitch who uses physical spells. Stick to this order and be careful not to over damage the wrong boss, this is important but it is difficult to mess up. With Immortal Call up and the bosses blinded you are immune to all damage except chaos. The Cyclone boss leaves a trail of chaos degen when he spins in a line. Avoid standing in this at all times. When a boss is killed, it opens a minion spawn platform and leaks a black cloud in a small area depending on where the boss has died. Try to kill the bosses in the center of the room to give you more freedom to retreat and kite along the edges of the squared chamber. This black cloud deals degen damage that can be mitigated with Immortal Call, so it is safe to stand in as long as Immortal Call is up. If you lose the buff and walk into the cloud, you will lose hp very rapidly and die, avoid doing this. Lure the bosses out of the cloud for safety. Focus on Immortal Call and then Damaging the bosses, take your time and kill them at your own pace, refill flasks and leech from the minions.

After killing the Trio make your way to Atziri's Chamber. When outside be sure to equip a Saffell's Frame the same way you did for the Vaal fight. Make sure you have two fire Resistance Flasks ready and one Lighting resistance Flask, you need these. Arctic Armour is fairly useless here, Tempest Shield won't do anything if you already have capped spellblock. This fight is very easy to get the hang of, killing the minions is harder than killing Atziri believe it or not. Do not curse Atziri unless you have immunity to curses on your flask as they reflect back onto you. When the fight begins just run up and damage Atziri. You can simply tank all of her spells except two in particular. When you see her charge up two massive Flameblasts underneath you, you must pop one dose of your fire Resistance Flask. The other spell to look out for is the white Storm Call which she fills the room with, when you see this you pop a Lightning Resistance Flask. By popping the flasks you gain 100% resistance to the element, it is insurance that you will not die should you fail to block the big hits and your life is low. Always attack Atziri to gain back life, use Seething Flasks for emergency healing if you get extremely unlucky and block nothing.

There are three phases Atziri has. The main damage phase, the shield phase and the split phase.

During the damage phase, use flasks to prevent the giant Flameblasts and the white Storm Call while damaging Atziri the whole time.
During the Shield Phase, with faster projectiles equipped preferably, stand under Atziri and fire your Incinerate at the approaching minions trying not to let any through as each one will heal her by a small amount of health. Try not to use curses as it interrupts your channeling, causing you to lose Incinerate stacks and lose damage. Use this phase to gain flask charges.
The split phase causes Atziri to create 4 replica figures of herself, all repeating a separate action. One is holding a mirror and points it at the ceiling, do not attack or curse this mob. Leave it alone and it leaves you alone. The other will rain regular Storm Calls which you tank without worrying about. Just like the Storm Call caster, there is also a replica that spams regular Flameblasts underneath you. Ignore the two spellcasting replicas and focus on the fourth one, the spear thrower. Just before Atziri summons the replicas, swap out your Faster Projectiles Gem for your Blind Gem - this is important. Ignore the other three replicas and damage the spear thrower only, blinding it fully throughout the phase. Keep attacking it until it dies since if one replicas are killed then the phase ends. The spear thrower deals moderate physical damage that can miss you, you cannot block attacks with Saffell's Frame so you are required to blind it.

A couple things to note down are that the split phase only occurs 3 times throughout the fight. The first is triggered when Atziri is dropped to 75% hp, the second at 50% hp and the last one at 25% hp. If Atziri is healed up past one of these trigger points, the phase will not appear again. Don't worry if she heals from her minions, just do better in the next shield phase and always be dealing damage to her. Also, during the split phase, the copy that holds the mirror is the only one which reflects curses, so you are free to enfeeble the spell casting replicas and curse elemental weakness on the spear thrower to improve your life leeching if using a Doryani's Catalyst and speed up the phase.

Cull Atziri when she is below 10% health and hopefully the all of the fights go smoothly with this build.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faster projectiles is absolutely worth using if you barely meet the target dps and is arguably needed since the range makes the shield phase much easier. If 3 or 4 minions make it through to Atziri that is perfectly fine, you have more freedom with letting them through than other builds since you spend 100% of the other phases dealing damage instead of dodging skills, so you make up for the extra healing with consistent damage.

Auras:

- Tempest Shield
- Purity of Lightning
- Purity of Fire
- Clarity

Damage:

3352 x 3 (projectiles) x 4.00 (Incinerate damage stacking)

40,224 Effective Dps

Gear and Gem links:
Spoiler
My setup
Spoiler

Gems + Links
Spoiler

Incinerate -> LMP -> Added Lightning Damage -> Spell Echo -> Faster Projectiles (or Blind) -> Faster Casting
In order of importance, faster projectiles is very strong as a 5th support since you 100% need the extra range if you plan on killing the Atziri Minions during the "Shield Phase".
Quality on Incinerate is vital, more range. Then look for quality on LMP/Faster Projectiles since they grant bonus cast speed, useful if you don't own a 6-link yet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lightning Warp setup as normal, Culling Strike is definitely used somewhere to kill each boss when necessary. Useful for the double Vaal fight and saves you dealing 10% of a boss's health.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enduring Cry + Spell Echo instantly generates maximum charges for you, vital for keeping up Immortal Call which is linked with increased duration. This combination paired with +45% duration from the passive tree totals for a 10 second Immortal Call, vital for the Trio boss fight on the way to Atziri and acts as an insurance for physical damage mobs should you desync or get cornered.

Elemental Weakness is for clearing trash/resistant mobs since we lack a %Penetration Gem in our links. Enfeeble is the king, use Enfeeble. Arctic Armour should be at a level where it does not prevent you from endlessly casting Incinerate, it is for reducing low hits of physical damage only. Immortal Call anything that you fear might harm you and use enfeeble.

Don't forget to find room for these two gems, blind is half of the skill. Aura nodes do not increase the block chance, it isn't an aura. Your spell damage increases the damage of the reflect and if you own a Doryani's, it will also provide free leeching.
In terms of gearing, you shouldn't have too much trouble until you begin using a lightning coil (-60% lightning). Your auras provide substantial resists for both Fire/Lightning. (67% each @ level 20 Gems) Aim for a high as possible ES chest, evasion hybrid is ideal since evasion is strong without any passives. Dex on your gloves or ring! 37 additional dexterity is the minimum to run a level 21 LMP Gem, I made this mistake and I have to wait for an upgrade and use an 18/20 gem in the meantime.

Images showing my Defences
Spoiler

Leveling and Bandit Rewards
Spoiler
I took Normal Oak's +40hp reward, Cruel Skillpoint, Merciless Oak's Endurance Charge.

Leveling I used Flameblast. You can use Arc/Flameblast/Flame Totem/Searing Bond and a few others including Incinerate if you wanted to. Fortunately this build uses a fairly generic build path by grabbing every nearby life node. I transitioned into Incinerate at around level 70, using a +1 to fire gems mace I vendored in normal difficulty. +1 gems and Flameblast will carry you the whole way through leveling. Grab AoE nodes if you go Flameblast and start leveling a quality Incinerate as soon as you can.

Questions and Answers
Spoiler
Q. LMP? GMP = More Deeps Right?!?

A. Sorry friend, you are wrong. Kind of. You will almost never land 5 projectiles on a mob, so the further away a mob gets, the less projectiles hit. At max range with Faster Proj, you can still land 2 out of 3 projectiles. WAY better than the 2 out of 5 you will land at same range. Don't forget that you cannot change the angle of cast like Freezing Pulse, GGG screwed us a little there.

Q. Why is your tooltip dps so low? My dead to rights Elemental Cleave Templar (RIP) does like 10,000,000 times more damage?

A. As much as I loathe "Fake DPS", meaning people who factor in curses, penetration, shock stacks and all that useless noise to create an inflated dps to draw attention to their build, Incinerate's mechanics due to shotgunning and damage stacking means 3k is quite a good chunk of damage. I promise you actually get 37,500 from this build.

Q. Why did you choose to create this spec over simply going a Soul Taker + BoR Cyclone build, for example?

A. I chose this type of build because I want to make Atziri more accessible, you could just about manage her with a 5-link and a few relatively cheap uniques. A 6-link and better gear/gems only improves the consistency of each Atziri run, less minions make it through and heal her, for example. You could do the double Vaal fight by punching it to death you are in such little danger.

Cyclone and similar builds work just fine and are proven to be highly successful, I would definitely recommend using them if you wish to beat Atziri. Mine is very much open to be improved and adapted, it can be better.

Q. How well do you perform in maps?

A. Solo, you clear 76 maps and above with absolutely no problems. You can kill every map boss I can think of without risk of getting mauled. Your clear speed is less than other end-game map viable builds due to the nature of Incinerate. Map farming builds tend to be ranged and high AoE that you can "cast once -> run to next pack". Detonate Dead and Spectral Throw are exceptional at this, but the monsters they fear and the maps they re-roll are the same maps that you clear consistently. Hardcore viability is definitely there, you gain all of your damage from the passive tree and gems, at level 18 gems you can expect 30k+ dps which is amazing for such a low investment. Clear speed increases with more projectile speed, I have found.

Q. Why don't you use a Fire Penetration Gem in your Incinerate links?

A. The Fire Penetration Gem option is out performed by other Added Chaos/Lightning/Cold supports because of the way that damage effectiveness scales with Incinerate. 30% damage effectiveness from supported gems means that when at full Incinerate stacks, you are dealing 30%x4 damage, 120% of the supported gems damage is added to the Incinerate per hit. As far as tooltip DPS shows, the Added X amount of damage support gems increase the total damage of Incinerate by around 70%, far outweighing the 35% or so penetration and allows you to deal two types of elemental damage with Incinerate - acting as a pseudo form of penetration.

- Full 12 minute Atziri run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s16nJ5ayZLU

- Double Vaal fight demonstration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frRfwh-EJp8&feature=youtube_gdat

- Level 75 Residence map + boss demonstration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_MSpS50Ri8

Skill Tree @ Level 88
http://poeurl.com/yUD0Oub

Skill Tree @ Level 40
http://poeurl.com/yUqGGvj
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jul 9, 2015, 8:55:40 PM
Last bumped on Apr 1, 2017, 7:25:56 AM
bump
bump
"
Quite importantly, you have a 12% chance to blind enemies on block. Against reflect you will blind 100% of the enemies you hit, elemental reflect is an absolutely Godly map mod for this build since it will hugely raise your dps output. Here is why...

Reflect damage is spellblocked -> You reflect back 700+/- lightning damage from Tempest Shield + 12% chance to blind the enemy -> You deal damage and blind the enemy -> Your lighting damage from Tempest Shield is also reflected by the monster -> If you spellblock this a second time you deal damage again... This repeats for every hit from incinerate. You dumpster reflect packs.

Don't think this is correct. I haven't tested Tempest Shield vs reflect myself, but afaik blocking reflect damage doesn't trigger Tempest Shield (see this post from the Tempest Shield thread) or any other on-block effects (e.g. ES replenishing from Aegis Aurora, damage from The Anvil).
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
"
Quite importantly, you have a 12% chance to blind enemies on block. Against reflect you will blind 100% of the enemies you hit, elemental reflect is an absolutely Godly map mod for this build since it will hugely raise your dps output. Here is why...

Reflect damage is spellblocked -> You reflect back 700+/- lightning damage from Tempest Shield + 12% chance to blind the enemy -> You deal damage and blind the enemy -> Your lighting damage from Tempest Shield is also reflected by the monster -> If you spellblock this a second time you deal damage again... This repeats for every hit from incinerate. You dumpster reflect packs.

Don't think this is correct. I haven't tested Tempest Shield vs reflect myself, but afaik blocking reflect damage doesn't trigger Tempest Shield (see this post from the Tempest Shield thread) or any other on-block effects (e.g. ES replenishing from Aegis Aurora, damage from The Anvil).

That's very interesting, I should change my explanation. Was half expecting that to be true but was unsure, thanks for linking the dev post and pointing that out mate. I'm going to read more on the skill, I was just going from what I thought I was experiencing.
b
What is like in maps?
"
olliocox1 wrote:
What is like in maps?

Geared up, you can clear all end game content safely and kill every single map boss that I can think of. Clear speed is relatively good, other builds clear faster for sure but something that I find invaluable is never having to worry about a certain type of mob that can potentially kill me. As long as you aren't insanely cocky and an exile manages to viper strike you or something, you are unkillable. With less gear, I still clear just as fast since Incinerate has ridiculous base damage - just less safely. Faster Proj helps a lot.

I'm starting to regularly do 76's+ with this spec at level 83, I died in the one month hc race and continued the build in standard and thought I would share the outcome on the forums. I'll let you know how it goes in the thread pretty soon.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jul 18, 2014, 7:29:42 AM
Updated with Atziri explanation section, changes to Immortal Call setup and in the process of uploading 2/3 of the Atziri fight video.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jul 19, 2014, 12:22:57 PM
This build looks interesting.

I have a few questions:

1) What rewards did you take from the bandit quests?
2) What skill did you use to level? Did you just level with Incinerate starting at level 10 when the skill first becomes available or did you use some other skill?
3) Any problems dealing with lightning thorns or corrupted blood?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info