[2.1 Ghazzy - Summoner Guides] Low Budget Builds

"
CanuckMonkey wrote:
Hey Ghazzy,

After some time away from PoE (got bored when I didn't have access to the beta) I found your guide when I started up again, and currently have a level 78 Scion in Warbands running a slightly modified form of your low cost Pure SRS build. It's been tons of fun so far, thanks very much!

I have two questions for you at the moment:

1) You have Culling Strike listed as the 5th gem for SRS, but I have been under the impression that CS is only really useful for MF, since it only adds a max of 10% damage. Is this a special choice for Atziri (who I have not fought yet), or is there something else I'm missing here?

2) For spectres you've recommended the Defilers, and I was wondering why you wouldn't go with Ash Prophets (from the Crematorium) or even Death Bishops (from the Catacombs). Both areas are higher level, and with the Crematorium you can waypoint in, Desecrate, get your spectres, and get out again. Since we're dealing mostly fire and cold damage, I assume Flammability or Frostbite would be as good or better than Elemental Weakness--is it just that dropping both resistances is better than a bigger drop in either one would be? If so, is it enough to make up for the reduced survivability of the lower level spectres?

Thanks for your reply, and for your appearance on State of Exile yesterday. I'm going to have to check out your stream to see this low-cost chaos damage build you mentioned!

Cheers,

CanuckMonkey

My level 16 Culling Strike gives 30% increased damage, it also instanty kills anything at 10% or less life which also has to be considered. I am not expert, but not sure where you have your 10% damage from.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Hi Ghazzy and everyone,

I am trying to watch "World #1 Uber Atziri Kill as a Classic Summoner 2.0 Awakening Patch":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrpfvy2mrOM

but the video is seems to be removed.

Anyone can upload the video again? Thanks in advance.

This is my gear so far @lvl 77. I'm having really difficult time trying to survive. Looking for good advices so I can improve. Thanks !!!
Last edited by NeoHien1 on Sep 15, 2015, 2:30:44 AM
Hey everyone!

I've been forced to work extra on my side job (since im not a fulltime streamer anymore / yet... gief!)
I will edit THIS post to cover all the answers for before this message as soon as i can! (tonight or tomorrow)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Here's my current gear, anyone have any suggestions on improving under 1ex budget? Stuff like "getting a 6L" or "getting a PoH" are dead obvious, but I don't really play much nor have much currency, so please don't suggest any of the high-budget stuff.

Spoiler

Currently about 2.5k life and 5k ES, level 78, all resists maxed with chaos resist at 35%.
I'm not running haste yet since BM+discipline is too dangerous to play with how squishy summoners are, so I'm running clarity + discipline + hatred (generosity).
Last edited by melodia1 on Sep 15, 2015, 12:07:29 PM
Hiya, I saw the post and thought I'd jump on board since my favorite playstyle is as a summoner! :)

I'm currently level 91 in Tempest league with 3,145 HP and 4,576 ES, while my current build works and makes me feel safe it sorta feels a bit underpowered for higher level things. (So i'm definitely open to suggestions!)

My permanent minions are 8 Zombies, 2 Spectres, and my Chaos Golem.

I use Curse on Hit with Ball Lightning linked to Temporal Chains and Vulnerability (Also Elemental Equilibrium keystone), I run Hatred linked to Generosity and an unlinked Vitality. (Vitality + 75% Chaos resistance makes almost all chaos damage barely tickle)
I chose Summon Skeletons over SRS simply for extra targets that aren't me for the enemies to attack, since they seem to ignore SRS more. I also use Vaal Discipline for emergencies (Been considering using Vaal Summon Skeletons instead) in an Unset ring.

Current Build

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBLMGSQceCPQNfBCXES0RUBNsFm8XLxhqGyUc3B0UHU8d2R_HIvQkqij6KpgsnC2LL28y0TW5Q1REBEVHRZ1I50lRSbFLrk25U1JV1lcrV8lYB1qRXGtk52aeaPJqQ2qsa9tsC20ZcLt4L3yDfOV9GH5Zf8aApILHhEiFMoVgiECIQox2jxqPRo_6kDOTJ5UumK2a4JuhogCmrKcIpyuofarEtzG4k7zqvYK_l8BUwGbBxcNtyT3MvNP718_ZC9kT34rjaukC6-7sGOyK74jwH_DV8h70cffX-Tf56PqA-tL-sw==

Current Gear

I can do just about any map up to level 78 (I haven't gotten my hands on any higher than 78 so far)
There are a few bosses I won't do like the Volcano boss, and the Piety with Storm Herald. But for the most part this has held solid so far. :)
Any feedback/improvements would be greatly appreciated too!
Last edited by Klied on Sep 15, 2015, 12:58:05 PM
Last edited by CrazylikE on Sep 15, 2015, 1:30:32 PM
"
CrazylikE wrote:
"
CanuckMonkey wrote:

1) You have Culling Strike listed as the 5th gem for SRS, but I have been under the impression that CS is only really useful for MF, since it only adds a max of 10% damage. Is this a special choice for Atziri (who I have not fought yet), or is there something else I'm missing here?

My level 16 Culling Strike gives 30% increased damage, it also instanty kills anything at 10% or less life which also has to be considered. I am not expert, but not sure where you have your 10% damage from.

Ok, I'm a bit embarrassed now. I didn't even think to look at the support gem; I was just thinking of the Culling Strike ability by itself (which gives a max of 10% extra damage if most of your damage comes from SRS, since enemies are culled at whatever they have left below 10%--so effectively 8% extra damage if one hit takes them from 12% to 8% health before culling, etc.)

Apparently, the support gem adds damage as well as culling, so I was WAY off here. Thanks for clearing that one up!
I have an alt account, CanuckMoney, which is used for sales and trading.
"
CanuckMonkey wrote:
"
CrazylikE wrote:
"
CanuckMonkey wrote:

Ok, I'm a bit embarrassed now. I didn't even think to look at the support gem; I was just thinking of the Culling Strike ability by itself (which gives a max of 10% extra damage if most of your damage comes from SRS, since enemies are culled at whatever they have left below 10%--so effectively 8% extra damage if one hit takes them from 12% to 8% health before culling, etc.)

Apparently, the support gem adds damage as well as culling, so I was WAY off here. Thanks for clearing that one up!

Easy mistake to make, no reason to be embarrassad :)

I am wondering something myself though, I have never used Elemental Equilibrium, but you say we should use it when fighting Atziri, so I should respec out of it when I map?
Last edited by CrazylikE on Sep 15, 2015, 4:14:10 PM
"
CrazylikE wrote:
"
CanuckMonkey wrote:

Easy mistake to make, no reason to be embarrassad :)

I am wondering something myself though, I have never used Elemental Equilibrium, but you say we should use it when fighting Atziri, so I should respec out of it when I map?

I might be able to help out here, since I've used EE on my previous classical summoner as well as here. One caveat before I start, though: I don't have ANY experience with maps above level 76 or so, so my approach may fall apart at that stage.

I keep EE allocated at all times and use Arc manually when doing maps, so my totem can summon skeletons for body blocking and I can still make everything vulnerable to fire and cold. I just fire off an Arc every few seconds and then go back to spamming SRS.

Of course, if you're short of sockets this might not work. You could also use Arc + Spell Totem when mapping (same as you would vs Atziri), if you don't need the extra skeleton defense force.

Even if you're not using Arc at all when mapping, it doesn't hurt to leave EE allocated since only elemental damage dealt by you or your totems will trigger it, but there's no benefit either. Probably up to your judgement call/personal wealth level to decide at that point.
I have an alt account, CanuckMoney, which is used for sales and trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info