[2.1 Ghazzy - Summoner Guides] Low Budget Builds

"
Ghazzy wrote:

"
melodia1 wrote:
Can you list some gear recommendations for the non-HC build? Like what rolls to get on which gear? Also what is considered "low budget" in this context? Is it <1ex, <10ex, etc? I mean for the hardcore player something like 10ex is still considered "low budget" but for the casual player 10ex is something they can't ever afford in this game. So far I know you recommend a 6L Pledge which is not "low budget" at all (14ex min) lol. What would be a good 5L substitute staff? I have no intention of trying Atziri, I'm happy just stopping at level 73-74ish maps then rerolling a new toon.

Also I was wondering what are the main differences between choosing a witch vs a scion? I have too many witches but not a single scion, does scion have any significant disadvantages? I know 99% of summoners I see are witches.

Low budget is roughly 1ex as this guidecompendium is made for newer players specifically!
The gear suggestions would depend which build you are refering to?

If you can not afford a Pledge of Hands then you can always go for a +2 Fire staff with cast speed, these staves are usually EXTREMELY cheap! And you can do Atziri with it being 5L thats how strong SRS builds are.

The Pure SRS Hybrid does best as a Witch whilst the X-Keystone Summoner builds does best as a Scion. The differences are well, first the reward gems is slightly different. Scion doesn't get all the gems, the witch gets almost all gems from vendor/rewards. However, the biggest difference is that if you play the "incorrect" class so to say you lose a few skillpoints in the start of the tree that is literally wasted.

Thanks for the reply.
For the gear recommendation, I meant the pure SRS build, since you mentioned the keystones build is mostly for HC. Since the dps all come from the summons, I assume for all the gear except the weapon, just aim for resists/dex/HP rolls? And on the boots a 30 movement of course. What about the jewelry?
Also for a 5L staff, I just lose the Empower right? SRS + echo + minion dmg + melee physical dmg + culling strike?
Last edited by melodia1 on Aug 21, 2015, 10:20:40 AM
"
Ghazzy wrote:
Multistrike is a very very good gem to use

But still according to your Pure srs guide, Melee physical damage and Culling Strike (since you use them) are better than Multistrike?
Last edited by kebal on Aug 22, 2015, 1:51:51 PM
Can we have a tree for hybrid srs with pledge of hands? Just remove max mana nodes and spec into jewels?
Finally obtained 6L pledge of hands, currently using Multistrike in place of Empower (until I get one.) What should I replace Culling strike with if I'm running in a group that has a MF culler?
85, oneshot from one of these mobs that eat corpses and shoot bloodsplatter ...

it was fun while it lasted, but 3500hp and 2.5k ES on mana is pretty much a glasscannon, even with EB, MoM and ZO.
Last edited by danteafk on Aug 21, 2015, 9:32:10 PM
Answers
"
melodia1 wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

"
melodia1 wrote:
Can you list some gear recommendations for the non-HC build? Like what rolls to get on which gear? Also what is considered "low budget" in this context? Is it <1ex, <10ex, etc? I mean for the hardcore player something like 10ex is still considered "low budget" but for the casual player 10ex is something they can't ever afford in this game. So far I know you recommend a 6L Pledge which is not "low budget" at all (14ex min) lol. What would be a good 5L substitute staff? I have no intention of trying Atziri, I'm happy just stopping at level 73-74ish maps then rerolling a new toon.

Also I was wondering what are the main differences between choosing a witch vs a scion? I have too many witches but not a single scion, does scion have any significant disadvantages? I know 99% of summoners I see are witches.

Low budget is roughly 1ex as this guidecompendium is made for newer players specifically!
The gear suggestions would depend which build you are refering to?

If you can not afford a Pledge of Hands then you can always go for a +2 Fire staff with cast speed, these staves are usually EXTREMELY cheap! And you can do Atziri with it being 5L thats how strong SRS builds are.

The Pure SRS Hybrid does best as a Witch whilst the X-Keystone Summoner builds does best as a Scion. The differences are well, first the reward gems is slightly different. Scion doesn't get all the gems, the witch gets almost all gems from vendor/rewards. However, the biggest difference is that if you play the "incorrect" class so to say you lose a few skillpoints in the start of the tree that is literally wasted.

Thanks for the reply.
For the gear recommendation, I meant the pure SRS build, since you mentioned the keystones build is mostly for HC. Since the dps all come from the summons, I assume for all the gear except the weapon, just aim for resists/dex/HP rolls? And on the boots a 30 movement of course. What about the jewelry?
Also for a 5L staff, I just lose the Empower right? SRS + echo + minion dmg + melee physical dmg + culling strike?

Hey,

It's my genuine pleasure to help the community, so no worries!
Lose the culling strike to implement Empower (Change melee physical for Splash (AOE) and Melee phys for single target).
Gear recommendation would consist of pure ES pieces with as much life as possible whilst caping your resistances at the same time. When you do the transition over to start reserving stuffs on your life pool, you want to move over the gear priorities to focus on as much ES as possible, cap your resistances with chaos resistance involved but ignore HP rolls completely as it won't benefit you what so ever. Will only make the item(s) cost you more currency.

Movement speed on boots is of course comfortable and nice but also costy. Finding proper gear without movememt speed is both easier and less costy!

"
kebal wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:
Multistrike is a very very good gem to use

But still according to your Pure srs guide, Melee physical damage and Culling Strike (since you use them) are better than Multistrike?

Multistrike has an insanely high mana mlutiplier cost making it very hard to use without actually losing DPS (Specifically refering to forcing you to spec mana/mana regen and/or mana cost reduction nodes which results in less Minion Jewels on the tree). So, only change culling strike if you do not have the mana regen you need or mana cost you need to sustain it, this is also one of the major reasons why Pledge of Hands is so much better. You do not EVER want to spec extra nodes to sustain the casting during a Vaal Haste effect. It will make you lose DPS.

"
DarknessBall wrote:
Can we have a tree for hybrid srs with pledge of hands? Just remove max mana nodes and spec into jewels?

Just remove nodes til you find the balance and get more minion jewels after that as the guide explains: After reaching this point on the tree you focus 100% on minion jewels.

"
Smerte wrote:
Finally obtained 6L pledge of hands, currently using Multistrike in place of Empower (until I get one.) What should I replace Culling strike with if I'm running in a group that has a MF culler?

Remove Culling Strike for Multistrike. You want to use Empower.

"
danteafk wrote:
85, oneshot from one of these mobs that eat corpses and shoot bloodsplatter ...

it was fun while it lasted, but 3500hp and 2.5k ES on mana is pretty much a glasscannon, even with EB, MoM and ZO.

I'd recommend having 40-50% of your life pool as Energy but being lvl 85 and having less than 4000 actual life is rather low :S In your situation I believe you should have focused more on the life rolls on your gear.
But again, it is a low budget build and those birds are horrible to deal with, damage wise.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
You say to use Blood Magic with Clarity, but then you give a calculator link and it is showing Blood Magic with Discipline. Which one is right?
If Blood Magic and Clarity is right, then how are we going to use Discipline+Haste+Hatred? Do we have enough mana pool?
"
kebal wrote:
You say to use Blood Magic with Clarity, but then you give a calculator link and it is showing Blood Magic with Discipline. Which one is right?
If Blood Magic and Clarity is right, then how are we going to use Discipline+Haste+Hatred? Do we have enough mana pool?

Both versions works fine its up to you which you prefer :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
I could swear I read in your guide or the Forum Gear examples for 1 ex, 5-10ex , luxury etc.
I can't find them anymore, can someone help me and post them pls.
How do your Spectres and Zombies live? Mine don't survive even while mapping. I have to recast them after every single fight
Last edited by kebal on Aug 24, 2015, 3:38:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info