why is Aegis aurora shield good ?

It is good when you have good armor, energy shield and block chance. If one of those is quite low it wont be very efficient.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
"
Toshis8 wrote:
It is good when you have good armor, energy shield and block chance. If one of those is quite low it wont be very efficient.

You don't need high ES. I usually use it on life characters with around 400-500 ES that almost never gets broken.
do u need to have good energy shield? seeing as though the mitigation scales from higher armour and block chance, wouldn't just some energy shield be enough?
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
also they're now locked because of corruption =/ no quality adding and no color rerolling.
Given that they have white sockets and it's jus ta three socket they'll be aura slots. Or something similar. And quality on a shield isn't a big deal +100 armour woohoo
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Since no one has really spelled it out yet:

Builds that use Aegis Aurora aim to have as much Armor and Block chance as they can get. So say your build has 20,000 Armor and 75% (capped) block chance - then 75% of incoming attacks actually become +400ES for you.

As an example, if incoming attacks are averaging say 1000 per hit, you regain 1200 ES and take 1000 ES damage every 4 attacks (on average) so you are effectively immune to that damage.
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
also they're now locked because of corruption =/ no quality adding and no color rerolling.
Given that they have white sockets and it's jus ta three socket they'll be aura slots. Or something similar. And quality on a shield isn't a big deal +100 armour woohoo

Its Flat Armor before the +increase and + more modifiers, so yes 100 Armor is HUGE!
"
Xendran wrote:
"
Toshis8 wrote:

You don't need high ES. I usually use it on life characters with around 400-500 ES that almost never gets broken.

I could make a video of how i use aegis if i wasnt that lazy at this time :) From my experience high ES is very important. If some powerful monsters roll critical hits on you it might go deep into your life. Whats the point of 500 ES when enemy hit does 1000-1500 damage? Cant remember at this moment the exact numbers but with armor flasks i restore about 1500 ES on block, if i had 500 ES total i would be wasting 1000 ES every block.

Note, that block doesnt work the same as evasion. For example if you have 50% evasion and 50% block chance, you will be evading every 2nd hit but you might not block 8 hits in a row - different mechanics.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Jul 12, 2014, 6:10:08 AM
"
Toshis8 wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:
"
Toshis8 wrote:

I could make a video of how i use aegis if i wasnt that lazy at this time :) From my experience high ES is very important. If some powerful monsters roll critical hits on you it might go deep into your life. Whats the point of 500 ES when enemy hit does 1000-1500 damage? Cant remember at this moment the exact numbers but with armor flasks i restore about 1500 ES on block, if i had 500 ES total i would be wasting 1000 ES every block.

Note, that block doesnt work the same as evasion. For example if you have 50% evasion and 50% block chance, you will be evading every 2nd hit but you might not block 8 hits in a row - different mechanics.

Seconded.

I was doing an aegis build in domination and found that having a pretty fat ES pool was just better than the traditional all life build. Settled on a build that had 4k life/2.8k ES.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
Lightshard wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

Its Flat Armor before the +increase and + more modifiers, so yes 100 Armor is HUGE!
Not compared to the total armour on your gear is the point. Sure it could be better, but it's not a huge amount compared to the 3k base you could get form grace, or the 2k you can get on a chestpiece (or whatever)
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info