Mechanics Question: Elemental Equilibrium and Remote Mines

A question.

The description says:

Enemies you hit with elemental damage temporarily get +25% resistance to those elements and -50% resistance to other elements

Does the increase/reduction in resistance processed before or after my hit? In order words, does the increase/reduction apply to my current hit or only to my subsequent hits?

Thanks in advance.
"
rng_god wrote:
Does the increase/reduction in resistance processed before or after my hit? In order words, does the increase/reduction apply to my current hit or only to my subsequent hits?

Your hit inflicts the debuff, it wasn't in effect at the time you made the hit or damage got calculated. It would be pointless if it worked like you suggested, your attacks would buff the target against their own damage type so you would never benefit from EE.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 21, 2014, 9:28:09 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
rng_god wrote:

Your hit inflicts the debuff, it wasn't in effect at the time you made the hit or damage got calculated. It would be pointless if it worked like you suggested, your attacks would buff the target against their own damage type so you would never benefit from EE.

Thanks for the tip. For a long time, I supposed that the monster is buffed by +25% resistance before taking damage from my current hit. Now I understand the benefit of cycling tri element traps.
Last edited by rng_god on Aug 21, 2014, 10:09:46 AM
What about successive hits from different elements?

I understand that the debuff doesn't get applied until AFTER the hit has completed, but what I am confused about, is the interaction it has with itself.

Example: A mob I am about to attack has 50% lightning cold, fire, and cold resistance. I have elemental equilibrium.

* I attack with Arc
* EE applies, he now has 75% lightning, 0% cold, and 0% fire.
* I attack with fireball

This is where I get confused.

Thought process A)
* EE applies a new version, but the previous is still in effect. Multiple "Negatives" do not stack, but you can have a "positive" and a "negative".
The target now has 25% lightning (-25%), 25% fire (-25%), and 0% cold (-50%).
Lightning equation: -25%(+25% from EE Lightning -50% from EE Fire)
Fire equation: 25%(-50% from EE Lightning +25% from EE Fire)
Cold equation: 0%(-50% from EE Lightning, Refreshed by EE Fire)

Thought Process B)
* EE is lame and simply overwrites the previous version.
The target now has 0% lightning (-50%), 75% fire (+25%), and 0% cold (-50%).
Lightning equation: 0%(+25% from EE Lightning Removed and Set to -50% by EE Fire)
Fire equation: 25%(-50% from EE Lightning Removed and Set to +25% by EE Fire)
Cold equation: 0%(-50% from EE Lightning Removed and Set to -50% by EE Fire)

Thought Process C)
* EE stacks with no restrictions
The target now has 25% lightning (-25%), 25% fire (-25%), and -50% cold (-100%).
Lightning equation: -25%(+25% from EE Lightning -50% from EE Fire)
Fire equation: 25%(-50% from EE Lightning +25% from EE Fire)
Cold equation: -100%(-50% from EE Lightning -50% from EE Fire)

I'd prefer A) be the way the mechanics worked, but I have a feeling B) is actually how it currently performs. Anyone have any insight?
Last edited by Delfofthebla on Oct 2, 2014, 12:37:51 PM
"
Delfofthebla wrote:
Anyone have any insight?

That's no big secret, it's B.

It used to work differently in regard to hits with multiple elements a fairly long time ago, but it always overwrote the previous.

The trick is exploiting it in some way, you can do it by using a skill that hits rarely for a big payload like flameblast, that's easy to interweave with hits from a different element.

You can also find a way to do damage without overwriting the debuff constantly. The most common way is using damage over time or minions.

Or use an assist skill on totem which isn't there for damage but to debuff, it just needs to hit faster than your main skill and it needs to do at least one damage in the required element.

Last edited by raics on Oct 1, 2014, 4:31:34 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
Delfofthebla wrote:
Anyone have any insight?
The trick is exploiting it in some way, you can do it by using a skill that hits rarely for a big payload like flameblast, that's easy to interweave with hits from a different element.

Traps also benefit pretty well from it. They are limited in supply so they tend to do more damage per use and get cast less frequently. My trappers have always taken advantage of elemental equilibrium, putting one trap of a different element out in succession and rotating the cycle. It's a fairly large damage boost for something you're most likely going to be multi-elemental anyway.
"
raics wrote:
Or use an assist skill on totem which isn't there for damage but to debuff, it just needs to hit faster than your main skill and it needs to do at least one damage in the required element.
So if attack/spell do zero damage (for example Arc to prox.shielded monster) then EE is not applied? Wording on EE is kinda confusing: "enemies you hit with elemental damage", not "enemies you damage with elemental damage"...
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
@raics: here we go again :)

wording "deal damage" would not be enough. they need to specify that you have to do damage with a "hit"

hit with damage = deal damage (with a hit)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 2, 2014, 6:23:19 AM
"
Ludvator wrote:
@raics: here we go again :)

Oh yeah, that description is like abstract art, you seem to understand it at first glance but close inspection reveals that you don't :)

I had a potentially good wording in one post but not much chance to find it now. I also mentioned that thread with dev discussion on chaos damage, poison and whatnot and couldn't find a whiff of it even after combing all the threads mentioning poison in last two years. Search officially sucks.

Last edited by raics on Oct 2, 2014, 6:18:15 AM
"
silumit wrote:
So if attack/spell do zero damage (for example Arc to prox.shielded monster) then EE is not applied? Wording on EE is kinda confusing: "enemies you hit with elemental damage", not "enemies you damage with elemental damage"...

The clue is in "with Elemental Damage", not "Hit". If you deal zero Damage, do you really hit them with Elemental Damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info