Dominion's Hardcore Dual-Spark CI Witch - UPDATED for 1.0.1

I played this spec for quite awhile (sadly died on 79 but got the hang of it). I never really managed to get a decent ES pool to actually warrant going CI because I simply dont understand how can you go CI with only 3.5k ES (I had 2k HP and around 3k ES so I presume those extra nodes would boost me around 500 and yes, on 79 I actually did not have enough to buy a good ES chest (5link double 30+ res 600+ es) which seems to be the core for the build. My totem had around 500 dps with a 4link + 5th (rarity gem).

Now to the actual problems: the mobs in act3x (the new ones, introduced in the latest major patch), they hurt man, they are fast, hit hard and close gaps so quickly that sometimes you simply can't even afford stopping to cast a totem. Most of the time you end up getting gankbanged before you even notice them, on maps obviously, who cares about normal content, right? Piety runs are quite safe and predictable due to narrow passages which allow spork to shine (altho, not so, if u happen to find a storm herald) and generally easy lvl66 content.

On the other hand, try to go to library, or sceptre of god. Freeze pulsers, leapers, suppressors, evangelists (I actually died to one on my 79, who had EXTREME phys buffs and he just oneshotted me with a ~3k hit(crit?) on a, wait for it ... 66 map!) totems get decimated, oneshot, literally, lol. Spamming a 4link(~100?) is a pain (because its quite hard on mana) and a 5link which will go above 150 due to penetration being an expensive gem isn't viable at all w/o really good gear.

Elemental reflect - totem dies really quickly on its own,
Lightning thorns - totem dies INSTANTLY.
Projectile caster mobs - totems die from 2-3 hits.
Phys mobs do take some time taking it down though, thanks god, but realistically there aint many of them left in the game really.

Exiles: Those, oneshot totems aswell, if an exile got life leech or regen mode - its unkillable unless you got some extreme dmg (which I dont ofc).

Maps:
temporal chains - aids (especially if you end up meeting a curse-immune, fast, extra dmg leaper from sceptre of god down in a 67 map Sewers - I had to lure him in the corner and skip because he just raped all my shit and hit me for over 1k each time and since I had 2k/3k stats, I honestly felt it and I dont understand how can one live through such shit with 3.5k ES in CI (and yes, I did NOT have CI because I couldn't go for it due to LOW ES pool and 2k life being quite a buffer at this point regardless)

Curse immune - that completely fucks me up because I run 4 curses (using 2 of them obvs with Windscreamer boots) and I juggle them depending on the encounter: temp chains, enfeeble, ele weakness and conductivity. Without the last 2 my dps goes to complete shit as you could imagine and on a curse-immune map its just ... well, not time-efficient to do such maps.

Chaos dmg over time: obviously I wasn't CI specced so once I faced this mod I got quite owned ... life regen nodes are "in africa" and going for them as a witch means you fuck urself up. ES aint regening either on such maps due to constant dmg, so this mode is a no-go untill u go CI.

No regen - I guess thats just how the game works - u simply can't do that unless you are sure that 1 totem is enough to wipe the whole pack (which is not in 99% cases)

Half regen - aids due to gear i guess? Kinda have to use a maxed clarity but then I end up with not enough mana to use 2 auras and be able to somewhat sustain my totems uptime + curses.

Ele reflect - totems die really fast and with totems dead my witch ends up exposed to everything.

SO what am I left with, expensive as FUCK ES gear, 2 uniques: eye of chaua and dream fragments which (Btw, I haven't used dream fragments mainly coz I didn't have currency to buy it but I was lucky enough to get one drop very recently so I really hope that its stats will help the mana problems I had when I level the new witch up) fuck your DPS up and ur stats (+max es % on neck, spell dmg on neck, cyaaaa, +lightning dmg on ring, + cast speed on both, resists, cyaaa). I pretty much have to use Windscream boots because those are just so good and I feel like those boots+good ring is much better than this crappy +1 curse ring and good ES boots (which are generally extremely expensive if u want some good stats on them on top of a high ES roll).

Bought a 78 regalia and tried to roll it - dumped around 80 chaos and NEVER saw a 400+ roll on ES, I guess rng is rng.

The spec I was using before going CI and before dying actually(79): http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEC4wSzB2MHpQj0EVAUsBpsHNwdFB8CJIspTyoTLJwspzGINsU26TowOtg74TwtPQ9BlkNjRtdI50myTdhVxlcrWPVZ813GXl1gbWaeZ71r220ZcU1zU3YReLp5A3y7fll-r3_GgW-CEIKbjHaPRpMnms-boZ2uncSePJ97oqOj8qcIpyunlKyYtQS3MbiTu9bAGsBUwbTBxcHzwxPE9s9l0NDR_dgk2t3cV93z37Di9-Nq5CLk7OaB7Djub_F298H31_rS

The spec I wanted to go for after I switched to CI:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAecC4wdjB6URUBSwFdcabBzcHRQfAilPKhMsnCynLL82xTowOtg74UGWQ2NG10jnSbJN2FZjVytY9VnzXcZeXWBtZp5nvWvbbRlxTXKpc1N2EXi6fll-r3_GghCCm4aujHaPRpMnms-boZ2uncSfe6Kjo_KnCKcrp5SsmKyqtQS3MbiTu9bAGsBUwbTBxcHzwxPQ0NH914bYJNrd3Ffd89-w4vfkIuTs5oHsOO5v9zL31_rSJ-3460GqFHGnMJ_LSsRY5fau

The spec on like level 90 where I already got all my shit sorted and gear like Fireknight
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAecC4wdjB6UQzBFQEZYUcRXXFvMXLxpsHRQfAiSwJjwpTyoTLJwspyy_L502xTrYO-E8LUGWQapDY0bXSbJKxE3YVdZWY1crWOVY9VnzXcZeXWBtZOdmnme9bRlxTXKpdhF7IH5Zfq9_xoCkghCCm4auhtGIQox2j0aaz5uhnaOdrp3En8uio6PypwinK6cwp5SsqrUEtzG4k7vWwBrAVMG0wcXB88MTxq7Q0NH914bYJNrd3fPfsOL35CLk7OaB7Djub_Id9q73MviT-Ov60vyr_ocn7cT2Dkhwuw==

The ultimate super-spec at level 100
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAecC4wdjB6UOSBDMEVARlhRxFdcWvxbzFy8abB0UHwIksCY8KU8qEyycLKcsvy-dNsU62DvhPC1BlkGqQ2NG10mySsRN2FXWVmNXK1jlWPVZ813GXfJeXWBtZOdmnme9bRlwUnC7cNVxTXKpdhF7IH6vf8aApIIQgpuGrobRiEKMdo9Gms-boZ2jna6dxJ_LoqOj8qcIpyunMKeUrKq1BLcxuJO71sAawFHAVMG0wcXB88MTxq7Q0NH914bYJNrd3fPfsOL344TkIuTs5oHsOO5v8h3z6vau9zL4k_jr-tL8q_6HJ-3E9o5k96a2-g==

provided you took skill+4as+skill from the bandits.

So, minion insta, perma-curses and zombie node at start: the solution to most of my problems during leveling were - yeaa, zombies and skeletons. These are quite tanky(not really actually) and helped me to keep my totems up.

Regarding my 90spec. I was thinking of reaching unwavering stance earlier in order to drop this shitty unique neck for some really good one with %es and stuff

Any comments? I love the spec and wanna play it coz its so fun really

Last edited by ZhenyaDM on Dec 9, 2013, 7:46:18 AM
im lookiing for a lowlife build.. would this build be possible to do lowlife instead of ci ? playing SC..
peace
Last edited by MacWrath on Dec 9, 2013, 10:44:46 AM
Ofc it would, just get Pain attunment and Shavronne Wrappings unique chest and go for whatever related to this build apart from CI.
anyone know when this build was last updated ?
Hello does this build still work after nerfs?
"
crystall wrote:
Hello does this build still work after nerfs?

It clearly states updated for 1.01 lol read ffs

Also to OP. what skills do you use on the last 2 slots? Warp and Fire trap?

"
Losfisk wrote:
i just have one question, why upgrade in Powercharge when you cant do damage with the skills you cast you self? and you dont have Power Charge on Crit in you spark combo? or is ther somthing im missing?

If you read the Ancestral Bond Descritption in Wiki you would see that you cant inflict damage or status change with direct spells but the the powercharging from crits still apply. Thats why the build suggests Ice spear with multi projectiles. Im 54 now and it works perfect with charges, just placing 2 totems -> cast 6-7 Ice Spears = 5 charges and my totems gains 20% more crit, you feel it instantly! After that just using an ice spear every 8-10 seconds to refresh timer, easy going for 20% crit. On Boss or unique mobs its a bit hard to keep because u have to recast totems and curses pretty fast and often. I try to distract with totem at beginning, cast 1-2 spears then totem then spears and so on until i got my 5 charges and only need to refresh every 10 secs. Its a bit of hit and run at the beginning but after that it works smooth again.
I've been using this build (am now 77) and I've recently switched to Storm call instead of spark. The nerfs to spark made it's damage a bit too low for my taste. I replaced the fork gem with Elemental Proliferation to aid in getting shock stacks on the monsters faster since fork doesn't work with storm call. This has significantly improved the damage over spark. Elemental proliferation basically guarantees 3 shock stacks. Concentrated effect can also be added to further increase the damage of SC, though with the obvious loss of area.
I don't really agree with Incinerate disadvantages. With added lighting damage support its DPS go through the roof and with static it will shock very often, although I am not sure if the relatively small damage done per hit makes the shocked ailment stack enough for a big DPS increase. Anyone tried that with dual totem?

"
ZhenyaDM wrote:

Elemental reflect - totem dies really quickly on its own,
Lightning thorns - totem dies INSTANTLY.
Projectile caster mobs - totems die from 2-3 hits.
Phys mobs do take some time taking it down though, thanks god, but realistically there aint many of them left in the game really.

Exiles: Those, oneshot totems aswell, if an exile got life leech or regen mode - its unkillable unless you got some extreme dmg (which I dont ofc).

Maps:
temporal chains - aids (especially if you end up meeting a curse-immune, fast, extra dmg leaper from sceptre of god down in a 67 map Sewers - I had to lure him in the corner and skip because he just raped all my shit and hit me for over 1k each time and since I had 2k/3k stats, I honestly felt it and I dont understand how can one live through such shit with 3.5k ES in CI (and yes, I did NOT have CI because I couldn't go for it due to LOW ES pool and 2k life being quite a buffer at this point regardless)

Curse immune - that completely fucks me up because I run 4 curses (using 2 of them obvs with Windscreamer boots) and I juggle them depending on the encounter: temp chains, enfeeble, ele weakness and conductivity. Without the last 2 my dps goes to complete shit as you could imagine and on a curse-immune map its just ... well, not time-efficient to do such maps.

Chaos dmg over time: obviously I wasn't CI specced so once I faced this mod I got quite owned ... life regen nodes are "in africa" and going for them as a witch means you fuck urself up. ES aint regening either on such maps due to constant dmg, so this mode is a no-go untill u go CI.

No regen - I guess thats just how the game works - u simply can't do that unless you are sure that 1 totem is enough to wipe the whole pack (which is not in 99% cases)

Half regen - aids due to gear i guess? Kinda have to use a maxed clarity but then I end up with not enough mana to use 2 auras and be able to somewhat sustain my totems uptime + curses.

Ele reflect - totems die really fast and with totems dead my witch ends up exposed to everything.

I have the same problems. But my Totems do 1.500 dmg.
I am lvl 82, close to 83 and some bosses of 71 and 72 maps are just impossible.

My Spec

My Equipment
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info