1.1.5 Patch Notes

Please let Echo work with dual totems plox
Rampage IGN : Cool_Hamster
Standard IGN : Hamsterbaby
Standard IGN : HamsterMfer
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards
Still no 3d model for Cloak of Defiance?
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
Balance:

* Due to the slow cast speed of Ethereal Knives, we have made it cast 25% faster. Its damage has been reduced by 20% to compensate. We have reduced its mana cost so that it costs the same per second as before. The Rogue Exile Ash Lessard and the Corrupted Area boss Haviri, Vaal Metalsmith are also affected by this change.

Um what? 100*.8 = 80 ( 20 % damage reduction )
80*1.25 = 100 ( 25 % faster takes it right back to what it was )

Mana cost changed so it costs the same amount.

More hits / second = less damage / second due to armor mitigation.

Thanks for the nerf, you can keep trying to hide math behind the word "balance" but we are wise to your wiles

Actually your calculations are wrong.

say per cast you do 1000 damage pre "nerf" as you put it and a mob has 35% armor

1000 damage at 35% armor is doing 650 damage per cast.
1000 * .35 = 350
1000 - 350 = 650

800 damage now after after change. Still against 35% armor is 650 dps
1000 * .8 = 800
800 * .35 = 280
800 - 280 = 520
520 * 1.25 = 650

650 = 650 (LOOK AT THAT... MATH!!!!)

So next time before you talk and complain and go in a rant and uproar. Think. If you can.

In fact the change is a dps buff because faster casting gives more room for mobility so you dont die and can dodge skills faster. And in the terms of every game in the world. Dead DPS does no DPS.
IGN: Etrium
"
etrium1045 wrote:
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
Balance:

* Due to the slow cast speed of Ethereal Knives, we have made it cast 25% faster. Its damage has been reduced by 20% to compensate. We have reduced its mana cost so that it costs the same per second as before. The Rogue Exile Ash Lessard and the Corrupted Area boss Haviri, Vaal Metalsmith are also affected by this change.

Thanks for the nerf, you can keep trying to hide math behind the word "balance" but we are wise to your wiles

say per cast you do 1000 damage pre "nerf" as you put it and a mob has 35% armor

1000 * .35 = 350
1000 - 350 = 650

1000 * .8 = 800
800 * .35 = 280
800 - 280 = 520
520 * 1.25 = 650

So next time before you talk and complain and go in a rant and uproar. Think. If you can.

In fact the change is a dps buff because faster casting gives more room for mobility so you dont die and can dodge skills faster. And in the terms of every game in the world. Dead DPS does no DPS.

math is math, mechanics are mechanics.
its not exacly as u said but u are not wrong eaither :)... higher hits tends to "penetrate" armour better... thats why for example Vaal is 1hitting so easily, his hit is so hard that he penetrates armour easily... its still SMALL nerf but probably no1 will notice it ;) i personaly like it and FOR ME ITS BUFF
(for my build) ... i can call it rebalance rather that nerf/buff ;)
IGN: UbogiMurarz
Last edited by adi00000 on Jul 2, 2014, 4:32:02 PM
"
etrium1045 wrote:
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
Balance:

1000 * .35 = 350
1000 - 350 = 650

1000 * .8 = 800
800 * .35 = 280
800 - 280 = 520
520 * 1.25 = 650

From what I've read in the past, armor is more effective vs smaller hits, and weaker vs heavier hits, so it may not be simple % reduction. Of course, I'm no expert on the game, so I may be wrong.
"
adi00000 wrote:
"
etrium1045 wrote:
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
Balance:

1000 * .35 = 350
1000 - 350 = 650

1000 * .8 = 800
800 * .35 = 280
800 - 280 = 520
520 * 1.25 = 650

math is math, mechanics are mechanics.
its not exacly as u said but u are not wrong eaither :)... higher hits tends to "penetrate" armour better... thats why for example Vaal is 1hitting so easily, his hit is so hard that he penetrates armour easily... its still SMALL nerf but probably no1 will notice it ;) i personaly like it and FOR ME ITS BUFF
(for my build) ... i can call it rebalance rather that nerf/buff ;)

Yes game does take into consideration that smaller hits get effected more by armor then big hits. But its so minor that u wont notice it. My char in game lvl 89 has 80% phys reduction and 91% fire resist still can get 1 hit by vaal smash. But the damage and numbers arent everything you take into consideration. You have to take into consideration that faster caster is faster animations which allows for more mobility, positioning, and getting off extra casts while fighting. Which can not be under looked at.

once again. Dead DPS is no DPS
yeah ik... yet u wont stun as good as it was ;) ... leech will be a bit smaller since u leech per hit dmg done and leech isint "overwriting" after last leech nerf so here is con. of this rebalance ... but u can get better dps with gems like added chaos or added lightning, reflect can hurt less (im playing acrobatics and block EK so its very helpfull to reflect less since i have no armour with acro) here are pros... every1 should find something good and bad in this patch (for EK i mean) and it all depends on playstyle of EK'ers :)) ...
"
adi00000 wrote:
yeah ik... yet u wont stun as good as it was ;) ... leech will be a bit smaller since u leech per hit dmg done and leech isint "overwriting" after last leech nerf so here is con. of this rebalance ... but u can get better dps with gems like added chaos or added lightning, reflect can hurt less (im playing acrobatics and block EK so its very helpfull to reflect less since i have no armour with acro) here are pros... every1 should find something good and bad in this patch (for EK i mean) and it all depends on playstyle of EK'ers :)) ...

Actually leach is capped at 20% of your life per second.

Unless you are vaal pact or have uber atziri gloves you are going to leach the same.

have 5k life. do 5k damage. leach 1k per sec.
have 5k life do 4k damage. (after 20% damage nerf) leach 1k per sec

at 8% leach doing only that little damage yes vs single mobs the leach will be effected.

But once again. That damage is really low for EK
Last edited by etrium1045 on Jul 2, 2014, 4:57:10 PM
"
etrium1045 wrote:

1000 * .35 = 350
1000 - 350 = 650

1000 * .8 = 800
800 * .35 = 280
800 - 280 = 520
520 * 1.25 = 650

This is incorrect mathematics. Making a blanket statement saying that the damage difference is "minor" isn't a valid counter argument to the statement stating it has been nerfed. The fact is lower damage is more affected by armour.

Also, I am not 100% sure on this one, but afaik leech works better with bigger hits - at least a slower attack speed helps with the delay of the spell hitting and you leeching it back before you cast your next spell. There are probably other negatives to this nerf as well which unless I look into it a bit I can't really write about it here.

This in my opinion was an intentional nerf for cast on critical, which you can clearly see how much of a nerf it is for those builds - as they do not benefit from the increased cast speed.
ign KlearSpeed

1.3 Torment - Scion Kinetic Build Guide (HC Viable)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1146976
"
etrium1045 wrote:
"
adi00000 wrote:

Actually leach is capped at 20% of your life per second.

Unless you are vaal pact or have uber atziri gloves you are going to leach the same.

have 5k life. do 5k damage. leach 1k per sec.
have 5k life do 4k damage. (after 20% damage nerf) leach 1k per sec

at 8% leach doing only that little damage yes vs single mobs the leach will be effected.

But once again. That damage is really low for EK

yeah but not always u can leech cap with it :) at least while leveling when dmg can be small...
and u leech PER HIT, my EK atm has 1800-5k dmg and im at 6k hp... dont think i can leech cap with minimum hit from range. if they lower my dmg on hit and increase cast speed it will be worse since we leech life for 1sec from dmg our hit made, giving highest hit priority to heal us, so more smaller hits might end in giving some players hits which cant cap leech us :)

ur maths are too shallow, just like the guy before. we can both have same dps, same amount of hp, yet one of us may leech cap while other not (the one with faster cast speed but smaller hit dmg).

"
iMbaQ wrote:
"
etrium1045 wrote:

1000 * .35 = 350
1000 - 350 = 650

1000 * .8 = 800
800 * .35 = 280
800 - 280 = 520
520 * 1.25 = 650

This is incorrect mathematics. Making a blanket statement saying that the damage difference is "minor" isn't a valid counter argument to the statement stating it has been nerfed. The fact is lower damage is more affected by armour.

Also, I am not 100% sure on this one, but afaik leech works better with bigger hits - at least a slower attack speed helps with the delay of the spell hitting and you leeching it back before you cast your next spell. There are probably other negatives to this nerf as well which unless I look into it a bit I can't really write about it here.

This in my opinion was an intentional nerf for cast on critical, which you can clearly see how much of a nerf it is for those builds - as they do not benefit from the increased cast speed.

you are right... dps has nothing to do with leech, its all about hit we land so smaller hits reduced even greater by armour since calculator is as it is will result in smaller leeching... its possible to leech cap but this will be later than it is now, wonder if i can lvl up with EK now, will have to see :)
Last edited by adi00000 on Jul 2, 2014, 5:20:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info