Tweety Explosive Arrow Marauder - A new Tree for an Old-School Cheap Endgame Build (UPDATED 1.3)

"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
Tweeety wrote:
I have 7000 life without a chestpiece. If I put on a Carcass Jack, my damage would suffer some, but not greatly, I'd have better AOE, better armour, and ~7.3k life. Like I said in the guide Kaom's is pretty unambiguously best in slot, but that's true of many life-based builds.

you have 6800 hp with a 75 life carcass, not 7300. And 8500 hp with kaoms. Huge loss. Almost 2k.

Also a lot of your pieces are expensive, you say it yourself. Cheaper pieces would net even less hp.

A huge life buffer is very important for a non block build. And a non block hc build, which is what this is.

It is not a cheap build in order to be effective, and being effective is what ppl give a fuck about.

Sorry, I'm mixing item choices. If I didn't run Kaom's I'd run the helmet with life, but you're right that the life for the item build showcased would be a little lower than that. Your assertion about effectiveness is simply not true, however. This character was effective into low-70s maps with a 5L, a carcass jack, and most gearpieces being a couple chaos each.
Hardcore: TweetyAsplodeYou
Bloodlines: TweetyManMode
Last edited by Tweeety on Jul 3, 2014, 5:45:11 PM
I like this build, I'm considering it for the next set of 4 month leagues. I'm curious as to why you haven't grabbed the Fire Resistance node next to Diamond Skin (+1% max fire res, +8% fire res). That could help a little with reflect, and from my understanding the higher you can push your max res the better.
Would be a Storm Cloud Bow okay too? I have a 6linked one and the added lightning damage helps procing EE, so no added damage on other gear is needed? 1,8APS is highest besides Quill Rain, so this bow sounds good too doesn't it?
EXALTS>EXAMS
"
skieZ wrote:
Would be a Storm Cloud Bow okay too? I have a 6linked one and the added lightning damage helps procing EE, so no added damage on other gear is needed? 1,8APS is highest besides Quill Rain, so this bow sounds good too doesn't it?

It would work, I guess, but quill rain is MUCH better IMO.
I enjoyed reading the guide and started a marauder that leveled very fast with Pillar of the Caged God and Molten Strike + Multistrike + WED; he had around 1k dps at lvl 38 with zero dps passives. Switched to EA on a 4L Quill Rain around level 49 in A3 Cruel and the dps is good but the problem is that many fast mobs scatter all over the place, making explosions ineffective; i tried grouping them with Decoy Totem but most of the time it dies too fast.

How did you remedy this when you first made the switch to EA? Should i just switch back to Pillar until gems gain more levels and maybe switch Fire Penetration for Increased AoE while saving for a 5L?
"
Masauwu wrote:
I enjoyed reading the guide and started a marauder that leveled very fast with Pillar of the Caged God and Molten Strike + Multistrike + WED; he had around 1k dps at lvl 38 with zero dps passives. Switched to EA on a 4L Quill Rain around level 49 in A3 Cruel and the dps is good but the problem is that many fast mobs scatter all over the place, making explosions ineffective; i tried grouping them with Decoy Totem but most of the time it dies too fast.

How did you remedy this when you first made the switch to EA? Should i just switch back to Pillar until gems gain more levels and maybe switch Fire Penetration for Increased AoE while saving for a 5L?

I'll confess that the character is old enough that I don't remember this particular problem while leveling. In general, I find that decoy solves this problem for me, at least now. I'd just make sure that you keep your decoy leveled. Adding in AOE would certainly help that problem, but switching out fire pen will be a pretty large hit to your damage. If you can make that work, then I'd say do it.

Edit: One other thing to add in terms of playstyle: Once you kill part of a pack run right on top of the still-burning corpses so that if anything survives and aggros you it runs into prolif range and burns itself.
Last edited by Tweeety on Jul 6, 2014, 7:33:35 PM
there is any way to run this build in scion?
"
Resurgere wrote:
there is any way to run this build in scion?

Probably, I get pretty close to the scion start in a couple places. I'd suggest going out life regen or projectile damage paths.
Last edited by Tweeety on Jul 8, 2014, 11:12:45 AM
is this build Atziri capable? can't decide between this and a puncture/pierce split arrow ranger for the 1 month race.
Video is blocked because of the music, could you upload it again without music please?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info