Build of the Week Season 2 Episode 12: Dual-Totem Ethereal Knives Shadow

7 auras accomplished with snapshotting? Really Chris? Chris, you actually picked this as a "build of the week" after deciding that snapshotting is too much of an exploit and are eliminating that in the August mini-expansion patch? I'm in complete agreement with everyone else who sees that you and GGG have completely lost touch with the 99% of loyal players that will never ever have a single 6L gear or any of the BIS uniques.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Cmon guys what do you expect? That GGG will release Build of The Month able for a new players or with 4L? That would cause creating new skill gem everymonth, and then nerfing him after some time... Just think twice before you write comments assulting GGG or Chris.

Players with HighEndGear will abuse those kind of builds to much - i don't want this game to be broken by whiners! Btw. apologize for my language i'm not english
IGN: Glassia
Last edited by glasgow on Jul 1, 2014, 8:25:17 AM
"
Delirii wrote:
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
He has like 100 hp left after auras, so no matter how much chaos resist you have - oneshot to chaos damage. You can't hide behind totems, they are to easily killed, shavs is mandatory.

There's no need to run all of that auras. Drop whatever Purity you don't necessarily need in your current map. With those Life/Chaos Res nodes @ Witch and life on a few pieces of gear, you can have enough non-reserved life to survive most of the chaos damage. Again, most. I still wouldn't get too close to EK/Chaos damage stuff.

Also, what Nightmare said. Something like that

would be great for such a build too, you wouldn't loose too much of your chance to crit. The DPS would still be awesome.

That would be a different build, wasn't the point of this BoTW that he has 9 power charges with 2 void batteries? It is plainly stated that this is what makes the build actually work, since everyone knows that totems without crazy gear are UP right now.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Jul 1, 2014, 8:52:03 AM
"
Delirii wrote:
Aaaand again, stacking crit and going low-life.
I'd prefer seeing more creative builds than this stuff over and over again.

i could show you some of mine if you like, i have tons, and most are affordable and use 4L only as a realistic base because few people can get better.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
There are no affordable endgame builds, cuz this game is a POS that promotes RMT and GGG knows this. The tight amount of points available to spend, the skills at hand and the way their base dmg and base crit chance can only scale with bis gear and the lame fake challenge / difficulty of endgame aka dumb bs mechanics and spike dmg, and terrible item droprates all ensure you will not get far without BIS items in this game. And you can get that either RMTing or by playing and trading 24/7 aka mostly just streamers or no lifers or those tradespawns with all their mirror worthy crafts, and even their item acquisition is dubious when they are 1 week into a fresh league with the sickest gear, or acquire BIS gear a few days after starting again from a dead HC character.

They picked a build with an exploit they are removing too ... lol!
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jul 1, 2014, 9:50:17 AM
l00000l 6l shavs dual void and still shitty build, squishy and very slow clear.
What the hell is that, a joke?

Not mentioning aura snapshot...
ign Krynix / if offline try GlupiChuj / if offline try FappingStrike
im usually on 5PM-11PM GMT+1
So basically what GGG is telling us is "lol poor players get on our level"

I can't even imagine how many exalts-worth of gear that build has on. What is a 6-link Shavs even going for these days? it has to be a crazy price. How is a player that doesn't no-life this game expect to even try this build? Build of the week should be interesting builds that players can see and think "Wow! I really want to play that and try it out!", not "Wow...looks like I'll have to make PoE my second job to be able to afford to even touch this end-game build...."
Last edited by Route1 on Jul 1, 2014, 11:54:41 AM
"
Route1 wrote:
So basically what GGG is telling us is "lol poor players get on our level"

I can't even imagine how many exalts-worth of gear that build has on.

yepp, and let us all live in the lie that the game is fine :) Let us lure more players in with the 1500 point tree and its 'endless customisation options' trolololol
I mean, don't get me wrong, I've played this game for a couple years and I love it despite its flaws...but holy shit...come on GGG! I play this game quite often for a while and I'm STILL poor and I save currency like a desperate homeless person saves pennies.

The build of the week series should be named "Build that 99.9% of players can only dream of playing of the week". Get serious!
"
Chris - how powerful a build can be if you use near-optimal items

So if I grind my ass off for 400 exalts then I can make this build?

Seriously though, posting a BoTW that has to have (expensive) uniques and wont necessarily work after the snapshotting is removed, was this worth posting?
Try showing builds that can say do maps without requiring such high end gear would be better.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info