Looking for feedback on the current state of racing / Season 8

Zeno interrupting you was kind of annoying, he needs to just let you do your thing. Chris' answer into how they "test" races and stuff just makes me feel like they have no clue. I don't know who "Mark" is but I don't really think he is a competitive racer as Chris made it out to seem. That or my definition of "competitive" racer and Chris's competitive racer is completely different.
"
Rithz wrote:
Zeno interrupting you was kind of annoying, he needs to just let you do your thing. Chris' answer into how they "test" races and stuff just makes me feel like they have no clue. I don't know who "Mark" is but I don't really think he is a competitive racer as Chris made it out to seem. That or my definition of "competitive" racer and Chris's competitive racer is completely different.

If it was Mark2, then its Neon who does have some race experience.
"
Rithz wrote:

maybe he won demi after everyone died
"
Rithz wrote:
I don't know who "Mark" is but I don't really think he is a competitive racer as Chris made it out to seem. That or my definition of "competitive" racer and Chris's competitive racer is completely different.

The Mark in question is Mark2, aka GGG_Neon, aka Neonspyder.
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
unsane wrote:
"
Rithz wrote:
I don't know who "Mark" is but I don't really think he is a competitive racer as Chris made it out to seem. That or my definition of "competitive" racer and Chris's competitive racer is completely different.

has neon actually done single shorter race since poe came out of closed beta?
Anymore feedback on what was said? :)
"
janimauk wrote:
"
unsane wrote:
"
Rithz wrote:

has neon actually done single shorter race since poe came out of closed beta?

Raced with me in Season 6 mostly. S7 with others in my guild.
Last edited by Lyralei on Jul 14, 2014, 9:50:44 AM
"
Lyralei wrote:

Raced with me in Season 6 mostly. S7 with others in my guild.

how many solodemis he won? OpieOP
"
janimauk wrote:

Looks like zero.

2 party:

http://poestatistics.com/events/3-hour-fi-party-s06f122/scion/
http://poestatistics.com/events/1-hour-rogue-party-s07c036/scion/

I'm starting to understand why races aren't balanced/etc as much as i would have expected. I've won more demis than him, all solo, and i'm really not very good. I thought Neon was some racing superstar, from the way Chris kept talking about him in the past.
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Jul 14, 2014, 2:55:18 PM
"
unsane wrote:
"
janimauk wrote:

Looks like zero.

2 party:

http://poestatistics.com/events/3-hour-fi-party-s06f122/scion/
http://poestatistics.com/events/1-hour-rogue-party-s07c036/scion/

I'm starting to understand why races aren't balanced/etc as much as i would have expected. I've won more demis than him, all solo, and i'm really not very good. I thought Neon was some racing superstar, from the way Chris kept talking about him in the past.

Because unfortunately back in the day no one was very good racer. If you teleported anyone from the current race season with the knowledge we have, we'd be the person Kripp would refer to as "omg this guy is a racing GOD".

The main issue is that even people who are experts have areas they don't know well. I could fix issues for Marauder, Shadow and likely Duelist very easily, but the rest I've never really played competitively ever, and without crowd sourcing solutions they might not be readily apparent.

All that said, I personally believe that the issue isn't so much "Neon balancing races" as is "Neon balancing races based on getting casual racers excited about it"
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Last edited by Morsexier on Jul 14, 2014, 3:18:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info