Snapshotting

"
SaiyanZ wrote:

This is a good start. It shows that you can read one sentence. Now read the others above.

what, the "others" about DUAL STRIKE? why do you keep posting about dual strike? why do you think dual strike is EVEN REMOTELY relevant?

you apparently understand that attack skills aren't comparable to auras... so why do you insist on trying to magically make them comparable to minion skills?

seriously, is dual strike the only skill you use? do you run 5 copies of it in your gear or something? in a thread about snapshotting, you try to constantly talk about dual strike... lolz.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Jun 20, 2014, 8:05:10 PM
"
robmafia wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

This is a good start. It shows that you can read one sentence. Now read the others above.

what, the "others" about DUAL STRIKE? why do you keep posting about dual strike? why do you think dual strike is EVEN REMOTELY relevant?

Because at this point it's fun watching you squirm as you try oh so desperately to get what you want, but it won't happen.

I play an Invasion non-shavs snapshotting summoner and I'm totally ok with all of these changes. You're the only one who's so flagrantly upset by the fact that you don't get to use different sets of gems for different summons without a second spectre gem.

Suck it up. Things change and we're tired of filtering through your posts to get actual feedback.
"
Taudlitz wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:

RF already gets templar AoE nodes, and getting a 20 quality inc aoe isn't a priority in the first couple of weeks of a new league, and even with those the carcass jack is still needed for the AoE radius to be big enough for anything more than single target, so no I shouldn't have to sacrifice my Kaoms just to make the build even be viable. And divinarius? So i would have to sacrifice the 100% damage from the Atziri scepter which would be needed if they don't buff damage? Again, not gonna happen. Like I said, RF is viable because of a bug, a bug that they balanced around, so after fixing such a bug things should be rebalanced to be similar to what they were like with it, a BUG SHOULDN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH BALANCE.

Well this seems to be the difference between our outlooks on this change, I dont think RF needs to be rebalanced so its possible with same amount of resources to achieve same efficiency of RF as damage dealing/main skill. If the current level of RF efficiency is result of "bug"/uninteded mechanics its obvious that after removal of that mechanics RF wont have same efficiency. To me it is exactly the same case as for example if your hydrometer is broken and you are paying only for half of your water consumption as a result and after guys from water supplier fix it you demand to still pay only for a half because thats how it was before.

Simply put Im ok with RF being weaker, it could be a problem if full passive respec would not be available, but it will be.

Except for the fact that snapshotting was an intended design and was known about from the very beginning and so GGG have been balancing around it, so what RF is currently is what's considered balanced to GGG, if they didn't think RF was balancd they could of nerfed it long ago without having to fix snapshotting. So yes, once snapshotting is gone RF should be in the same place it was, or at least close to it.
"
winniethewhor wrote:

Because at this point it's fun watching you squirm as you try oh so desperately to get what you want, but it won't happen.

I play an Invasion non-shavs snapshotting summoner and I'm totally ok with all of these changes. You're the only one who's so flagrantly upset by the fact that you don't get to use different sets of gems for different summons without a second spectre gem.

i think you drastically overstate how much i care. it's a video game. i don't care a whole lot, one way or the other... i have no real stake in this, i'm not an investor.

if you'd notice, i've been spending more time on the forums than in the game, itself.

"
winniethewhor wrote:
Suck it up. Things change and we're tired of filtering through your posts to get actual feedback.

lolwut? just click on the "GGG" button to the left of the thread, if you only want to see the "actual" feedback.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Jun 20, 2014, 8:29:35 PM
This thread, which was started by Mark for feedback, thoughts from the players and to bounce ideas has been completely, totally derailed by one person and it's running off people from otherwise having a great conversation about what needs and hopes are for the changes after snapshotting.

If you are just joining this thread or coming back please give the devs your feedback for the upcoming snapshot change. What you would like to see happen and what you expect from your characters after it's done.

I've seen most people most concerned with the fact that you would be afraid you won't still be able to do high level maps 74-78 and atziri as you can now. Offer up your characters to the devs to copy to their database and play with it when they are testing the changes so they can see from a "real" players standpoint how it's going to feel with your skills and gear.

Please, lets change this thread back to good information to GGG and keep it on track to ensure the snapshot change is what the players are looking for and IGNORE any further posts derailing the conversation with arguments, needless stubbornness and just plain rudeness to the developers.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/952933
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Summoner was a weak class before the snapshoting .When the snapshoting appear its rebalanced the class and not making it overpower like i heard.
But well , when the snapshoting will be remove summoners will just disappear , and players playing only summoners like me will disappear with it.
A good way chris to loose more and more players gj :)
Hello, the summoners in already weakened in the beginning of league, I play summoners and the contents HL is already very complicated, Azziri impossible to make, especially when we play in invasion.

Unless having Shaveronne and a stuff in 100 exalt.

It will also be my league last one, for some time your choices and modifications incite the players to change game, your league invasion is a failure, we lose days of game because of problem of désynchro and more and more if we want to play a hardcore and to have a correct life expectancy, we see obliging to play the same viable builds and even there we are going to have fewer choices...

Anyway, good continuation...
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

I will try to be more precise.

We are talking about one piece of equipment. One 6L armour/weapon. One... You can't snapshot dual strike with that piece.

Yes, it is possible to snapshot auras etc. with all builds but summoners get that too.... in addition....... to snapshotting the 6L armour/weapon.

Got it?

If you can't get that then just reread everything I have said until you do.

ok thats an argument, but not right again! - at the current point of the game i can have each - 5l RS 6l RZ and 6l "dual strike - lightning strike" - with abusing mechanics they all will get a buff! - and in addition i can run about 10 auras!

i just tried it by myself on a standart character with the needet items! - i am a full equipped lightning striker - with 10 auras - and summon (for the lulz) also all the minions that every summoner has - so its vice versa! summoners dont have more of an advantage as everyone else! everyone can abuse it to its given limit no matter what your mainskill is!

and well RF is just another purely snapshottet main attacke! - just sayin! :D

so again - if u dunno how it works! its your fault - dont reduce it on summoners only, and get your facts right pls! every gem can at the current point of the game be abused!

and ur argument about summoners get that 2 - every character gets everything! - so it nullifies by itself! - every played character gets the same buff as a summoner and every summoner gets the same buff as every other character!

"
Taudlitz wrote:

Well this seems to be the difference between our outlooks on this change, I dont think RF needs to be rebalanced so its possible with same amount of resources to achieve same efficiency of RF as damage dealing/main skill. If the current level of RF efficiency is result of "bug"/uninteded mechanics its obvious that after removal of that mechanics RF wont have same efficiency. To me it is exactly the same case as for example if your hydrometer is broken and you are paying only for half of your water consumption as a result and after guys from water supplier fix it you demand to still pay only for a half because thats how it was before.

Simply put Im ok with RF being weaker, it could be a problem if full passive respec would not be available, but it will be.

thats a interesting point of view! rly have to admit it! - and yes u can fully respec, it would just be cool if RF is still viable for players who wanna go with RF - but for me personally RF is a little bit boring! ^^

greetz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info