Snapshotting

"
Bweaty wrote:
Glad about this mostly... (It's a bit of a dirty game mechanic)

But, it simply sounds like your removing summoner working from the game. The main thing is, specters. I got my summoner to 83 before playing in groups made me feel unfair to the group without snapshotting. Not simply for the huge power/defense it gave my minions. BUT, that I could summon different specters. Having just 1 bubble boy minion, rest DPS, was a HUGE boost to the group.

Will this really mean only 1 spect type? Will we have to use a 2hander + 6L chest to have 2 spec types? How will we run spec/zombie/skele-or-sprit spell totem + vaal skele?

With snapshotting I can't even afford the gem slot for rage sprit. With the addition of Desecrate, Offering (Bone or Fleash), Convocation. (We kinda required to a spell to make our minions focus, and aura's are kinda essentual) Let alone sexy new vaal gems, how are we suppose to support this, even only using half minion types?

Anyway, with all the work making summoner kinda fun & useful to play. It'll be sad if we can only use half our gems and can't push lvl 70+ content. (Being a afk buffstick to NPCs as play style again aggh)

How about not overreacting to this and summon whatever you come across as a spectre? I never went out and got a tower spectre or the fireball guys or whatever.

I think they should remove spectre and replace it with something more balanced people dont need to run to the next strongest monster to summon.
"

That is where you are wrong.

umm... no. even GGG staff JUST recommended running multiple copies of raise spectre. there's no room for what you're suggesting. we only have so many pieces of gear with links, and typically only one that's going to be greater than 4L.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
This will so drastically change many end game builds. It will turn off a lot of their hard core fans and make the gear they spent lot of currency or found after playing for 100s of hours on almost worthless. I think some more details on whats new are needed. End game content is hard enough to prepare for as it is. They better put in a good amount of new uniques that are powerful enough individually to do end game content.
Lab is 0 fun. Free the ascension points from lab
"
robmafia wrote:
"

That is where you are wrong.

umm... no. even GGG staff JUST recommended running multiple copies of raise spectre. there's no room for what you're suggesting. we only have so many pieces of gear with links, and typically only one that's going to be greater than 4L.

Then use all slots available like 4L gloves, boots, helmet. Max socket shield and weapon and a 4L or 5L armor. Or do you think you need to run a lot of auras in addition to using the minions because i dont think people need that many auras for minions to work.
"

You gotta explain RZ/RS to me it sounds like pokemon games more than anything. ;)

If I have to explain these simple summoner acronyms to you, I can assure you that your input on the subject of these changes is of zero value to anyone.
IGN=ZeroLooper
"
"

You gotta explain RZ/RS to me it sounds like pokemon games more than anything. ;)

If I have to explain these simple summoner acronyms to you, I can assure you that your input on the subject of these changes is of zero value to anyone.

I expect nothing less of people who use an exploit and call it legitimate.
Good riddance to a broken mechanic.
I didn't read ALL of the posts yet but i just wanted to say for RF i think you should not allow any type of snapshot and just make the gem better so we don't have to deal with all of this figuring everything about one gem out to the point that i can't even understand anymore

If you remove ANYTHING from a linked RF gem take off the gear it turns the spell off and you go down to 1 hp

This solves everything only allow rf to work if everything is the same as it was when it was cast (if you remove any gear/gem auto turns off)

Im still not 100% sure about some things as it is on my RF char but i do know its low damage even with snapshotting... and when you join a party its not worth being in the party cause the damage is SO bad
Make it so RF doesn't deal damage to enemies but still burns you as long as it doesn't detect a RF gem. And if it detects it again, it will go with the 'new' setup of supports etc.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
b15h09 wrote:
"
Robroy580 wrote:

That's all well and good but your simply missing the point for me when i use snapshot for my RF i don't get any benefit out of gems etc the only benefit i get is the extra damage from going to low hp, that's the snapshot. I don't see how this is a loophole as i'm just using my secondary weapons to boost my power then reverting back. I'm not benefiting from anything else except this dmg increase.

This will pretty much make RF pointless to use as it's being nerfed big time at least summoners will still be able to use specters one way or another. If they are going to do something to help RF to negate such a missive drop in damage out put then fine but maybe they could let us know if they are definatly going to and what this might be?

I seriously doubt RF is going to get any sort of buff. I think they want to use it to augment spell power. Sort of a 'glass cannon' type of skill, which is in a game that is balanced so much against glass cannons that it's, as you say, pointless.

Do people even really use spells with RF? ... i mean if snapshotting is gone anyways cause i don't

I use cyclone (cause i don't know it hits everythnig around me = auto curse all + damage) and RF that's it really

The spell damage should just be removed along with ES and just buff the gem
To run RF you need the right gear/passive tree (and the shield that sucks with 2-3 useless stats)
You have to be right in the enemies face and tank hits cause even with all + area effect things you cant be far from them or it wont hit

Desyncing DOES effect RF as you can just be walking and desync and what do you know your in one room on your screen waiting for a kill getting hit then BOOM your in another room being hit without hitting them (as RF does not seem to hit things when you desync)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info