Snapshotting

It really grinds my gears when people are smug about grammar and then don't know what they are talking about.
@ucsarge
I was snapshotting with a level 21 raise zombie / lvl 3 empower / +1 tabula / montreguls and chobber / perfect sidhebreath and my zombies would still insta die to certain invaders / bosses. Summoners are going to be trash after they remove snapshotting. Sure you're going to have people saying they don't snapshot and they're good, but it takes them probably 2-3 times longer to clear a map and their summons die way more frequently. I can't see GGG removing snapshotting without buffing summoner's in some kind of way but if they don't.....RIP summoners. At least I sold all my gear a couple weeks ago in anticipation of this =p
Last edited by deckington on Jun 17, 2014, 8:32:32 PM
"
deckington wrote:
I was snapshotting with a level 21 raise zombie / lvl 3 empower / +1 tabula / montreguls and chobber / perfect sidhebreath and my zombies would still insta die to certain invaders / bosses. Summoners are going to be trash after they remove snapshotting. Sure you're going to have people saying they don't snapshot and they're good, but it takes them probably 2-3 times longer to clear a map and their summons die way more frequently. I can't see GGG removing snapshotting without buffing summoner's in some kind of way but if they don't.....RIP summoners. At least I sold all my gear a couple weeks ago in anticipation of this =p

I'm worried about summoners because those summoning uniques have such insane drawbacks. Snapshotting allowed them to bypass those outrageous drawbacks, and now that they won't be able to do that, I'm wondering what former snapshotters are going to do? Reroll? lol
- meh
Last edited by gr00grams on Jun 17, 2014, 9:54:24 PM
ah... nice :)) now fix economy somehow or mapping... its sick to run magic 78 maps BEACUSE ITS NOT WORTH TO ROLL THEM EVEN WITH REGAL :))

ima joing new league after 3 month break, now when RF is "fixed"... had enough ppl bragging with "look im running and killing, not even doing anything else" ... bb RF era
IGN: UbogiMurarz
Last edited by adi00000 on Jun 17, 2014, 8:39:54 PM
"
Nuttzo wrote:

"
KimchiGirlx3 wrote:
Hi Mark,

In what ways are you planning on balancing gems once snapshot has been removed.

I have a level 89 in ambush that I use a few snapshots for. I use Montreguls grasp to snapshot 4 big zombies, and then Chober chaber when I snapshot 5 smaller zombies, I also use the unique Paua amulet when snapshotting to help buff my minions. I'm worried though that doing endgame content with either 9 small zombies or only 4 big zombies, the zombies would die very often and not be very effective to kill things making it very unsafe for me. After snapshot is removed, would some gems like Raise Zombie be looked at for a potential buff, maybe only at higher levels or something?

What aura's/passives do you use? On my summoner, I do not snapshot and my zombies very rarely ever die in lvl 78 maps (haven't done Atziri). I haven't played the summoner in a few weeks, but I think their life was >10,000 (+2 helm). With the life leech and regen from the tree plus Vitality, they are very durable. The only trouble with no snapshotting for summoners is the lack of sockets because summoners use a ton of skills.

Actually I forgot I use the unique summoner helmet to snapshot too, I used to use a +2 minion helmet when I finished snapshot, but now I use a helmet with lots of rarity for MF but no +1 or +2 to minion gems. Since I cast my zombies from my helmet I can only use 3 supports. So I use RZ - Faster Attacks - Multistrike - Minion Damage. My auras are Clarity, Purity of Elements, Hatred and Vitality. I've experimented with Haste aura in the past, but I don't have room for it now.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I'm going to have to ask you to hand in your badge, officer, because that's incorrect.

I love you.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This article was written by me, Nick and Brian.[/b]

*This is at least my understanding, and certainly seems to be born out by some breif internet research on the matter.

"breif"

i c wat u do der
Last edited by Pixelite on Jun 17, 2014, 8:51:08 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Righteous Fire:

By design, Righteous Fire is meant to persist, whether or not you lose the skill. The theme of the skill is that you burn to death! As a result, if you unsocket the Righteous Fire gem, the effect will persist, but will no longer update with changes to support gems as there's no skill gem for them to support. However, if you then make changes to your gear or passives that would affect the skill, it will still detect this and change its effectiveness accordingly. If you resocket the Righteous Fire gem in the same slot, it will begin checking the support gems again, and change the effect to match.

So for Righteous Fire which part of it will be fixed? The post to me was quite unclear in that regard.

From my understanding of extreme RF snapshotting, it involves low life Pain Attunement 2 Redbeaks, plus the switching of gear such as a 6L Carcass to boost the damage and then switching back to your normal armour.

Which part or parts are going to be fixed?

EDIT: OK I read it again (reading comprehension pro here). So my conclusion is that none of it would work anymore for RF?
Last edited by elitedesolator on Jun 17, 2014, 8:54:38 PM
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
This article was written by Nick, Brian, and I.

Spoiler

You fail.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jun 17, 2014, 9:48:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info