Sept 30 Dev Diary: What's in Patch 0.9.3?

Aweeeesome, good job GGG! :)
"
Starcraft42 wrote:
One of the open questions for me is this:

A few weeks ago, you (Chris) said in game that the vendor sell functionality might not be in the next patch due to time constraints. With 0.9.3 now coming slightly later than originally expected is there a chance we will see vendor sell functionality in game?

Especially in late game it seems like this becomes a very important part of economy/item crafting.
i agree with you, it's absolutely vital.

but if i am right, there is no money actually in the game.

let the devs think of it before adding any vendor.
also items don't have a price yet, & i guess it's complicated to add them in a fair way.
because the gems & weapons attributes are still able to change.
add the prices on them actually might be a lost of time that the community do not need.

no ?
_ _ _ _ _ _

I wanted to go to bed early, but i think that it's dead.
go to read the news now

n_n

"i'm the French Saigneur ! Fight for your life stupid MOBs !"

Post to ask for a Key is like a Baby crying for his baby bottle.
Totally infantile, it's late, go to bed kids.
Last edited by Sebas_the_French_Lord on Sep 30, 2011, 7:48:26 PM
"
Starcraft42 wrote:
One of the open questions for me is this:

A few weeks ago, you (Chris) said in game that the vendor sell functionality might not be in the next patch due to time constraints. With 0.9.3 now coming slightly later than originally expected is there a chance we will see vendor sell functionality in game?

Especially in late game it seems like this becomes a very important part of economy/item crafting.

I completely agree it's important. It won't be in 0.9.3, but could be patched in any time after our UI programmer arrives back from vacation.

We're planning an economy rebalance at the point that these vendors are added. That's why 0.9.3 doesn't really modify currency items too much (other than adding some new ones).

As a random bonus announcement, It looks like we're also going to add a (rare) currency item in 0.9.3 that rerolls all the numeric *values* in the mods on an item.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Sep 30, 2011, 8:01:32 PM
"
Chris wrote:

As a random bonus announcement, It looks like we're also going to add a (rare) currency item in 0.9.3 that rerolls all the numeric *values* in the mods on an item.

I have a new favorite currency item.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
Attributes are now important
attribute items are only +10 ? or it's just an example here ?
i mean is it possible to find +7 or +13 ?

Class identity is promoted
first time only the tree remind me of FFX,
but now it's like FFX.

hoping it is just a bit substantial & not so restrictive.
but it's a good choice imo (if not restrictive & well balanced, but of course it's beta & everyboby are working to make this in the best way :p)

dual wielding of two two-handed
i said before not restrictive, ok but this is a total Marauder skill.
i mean ambidexterity for all charact is good if we want to do such thing but i hope a 2 handed ambidexterity will be only accessible with the most powerful class (or maybe duelist but will cost lot of more points)

New passive skill tree layout with keystone passives
Support gems have greater impact and modified mana cost scaling

seems to be some great evolutions, very good ones.

Implicit mods on base weapons
for me the weapons damage difference is as important than their speed attack difference. (dps)
_ _ _ _ _

for the other points it's hard to react as i never played it.

big improvements though.
"i'm the French Saigneur ! Fight for your life stupid MOBs !"

Post to ask for a Key is like a Baby crying for his baby bottle.
Totally infantile, it's late, go to bed kids.
Last edited by Sebas_the_French_Lord on Sep 30, 2011, 10:07:55 PM
about new currency item:

Ohhh... without detailed description of items prefixes/suffixes and min/max values of mods and affixes based by item lvl that kind of item is basically worthless... :/

What reason is in rerolling numeric values of "Burning Boots of Carnage" if i dont know min and max values for both affixes? You can easily screw perfect item with this. :/

Upgrade site items database with affixes that are already ingame (with min-max values and item lvl requirements - for rares because you dont see affixes names on rares, so you must base on itemlvl to know how much +life that rare may reroll) and then items like that will be very usefull when searching for "perfects".

Without affixes database i didnt see the point of this new currency item. I dont want to screw my rare because i think that i can reroll more +life when i cant because higher value simply cant spawn on rerolled item.

my 2 cents.
Last edited by Kabraxis on Sep 30, 2011, 9:07:11 PM
"
Kabraxis wrote:
Ohhh... without detailed description of items prefixes/suffixes and min/max values of mods and affixes based by item lvl that kind of item is basically worthless... :/

What reason is in rerolling numeric values of "Burning Boots of Carnage" if i dont know min and max values for both affixes? You can easily screw perfect item with this. :/

Well, you could play the game for a while and get an intuitive sense of what the ranges are for a given set of affixes...
...or you could just trade the item off to someone who's already done that.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
"
Kabraxis wrote:

Without someone running through and testing, getting a list of the value of each mod requires hacking game files, which might not even be stored local (you know, to prevent hacking).

Someone has to take the plunge, hammer out the math, and collect the data anyway.

Besides humans are good at pattern recognition, it'll only take us a handful of rolls to be able to place the expected upper and lower bounds based on how the number moves.
"
Chris wrote:
I completely agree it's important. It won't be in 0.9.3, but could be patched in any time after our UI programmer arrives back from vacation.

In the name of Keysus! This man is on vacation a lot! :D
Can I haz his job?

But thanks for the info, and that "bonus" announcement about rerolling values on items made me weep with joy ^^

Last edited by Starcraft42 on Oct 1, 2011, 4:42:24 AM
more and stronger passives...I approve :D
IGN: IgnitedWafflez

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info