Anu's Self Found Gang.

Casually casual.

Showcasing my Shadow Low Life Arcer.

Tree at 98.

I made this build in 1.3 but set it aside for the Piscator's KB wanders which I had so much fun with. I then made it again in 2.0 before shelving it in favour of the Sillincinerate/Sillidancer builds and the Dance of Ice and Fire Whispering Doom build. I got wind of Skyforth's boots coming out in 2.1 and thought they would make the build viable.

In 2.1 I made the Arcer again, investing in stun avoidance until I could get the boots.

I chanced a pair of Skyforth and dropped a pair so the build can now progress. The build is at a fine point right now where there's a few min/max possibilities which are all reliant on gear, meeting overcaps, attribute requirements, mana regeneration, max mana, reserves, curses and ultimately gem sockets. I'll never manage the ultimate min/max, there will always be a better way which I just can't quite justify. This was the reason I held off pushing this character to 100 for a while, I want to improve the build then push to 100 rather than hit 100 with the build far from where I want.

But we are now getting close, gear is starting to look fantastic.

I'll be having a shot at 21/20 Controlled Destruction today and at a 21/20 Arctic Armour soon. Those are the last 2 gems this build needs to be fully min/maxed in gems. One of the options I have that gear isn't allowing right now is to bring in Anger and I have a lvl 21 in wait. It's doubtful this will make it in, though, as it would require dropping AA (which I'm not prepared to do) or dropping Clarity (which would require some serious upgrades and gear jiggles) or foregoing some other defences for their gem slots (2nd Warlords or Increased Duration or Vaal Disc or Warp).

Other routes include taking more lightning damage on tree, or more crit, spell damage and cast speed, at this point I'm pretty much set on just going more mana from here on out (97-100).

The tooltip on Arc (including atziri flask) has been up to 115k + penetration + Assassin's, I pulled that back to 100k in the build as it is currently, with a bit more safety and a lot more fluidity. Anger has the potential to take that to ~125k and replacing Lightning Penetration with a TTWarrior gem would take that to dizzying heights but the actual damage that Lightning Penetration gives is far more than anything else.

I'm using Empower as a 6th support. Added Lightning Damage is ~on par at lvl 19/20 and would be a dps upgrade at 20/20 and a clear upgrade at 21/20. However, Empower is used so I have a red swap socket for ele reflect or curse immune maps, where I will swap in Life Leech.

I run with no Life Leech gem or ele leech on gear in normal maps, both Herald of Thunder and Herald of Ice dual curse with Assassin's Mark and Warlord's Mark using the corrupted Maligaro gloves, this provides life and mana leech, life and mana on kill, power charges, endurance charges, increased chance to crit, more critical damage and stun to the AoE masses. Atziri flask adds life leech and I have a 2nd Warlord's Mark on a CwDT to instantly curse the source of any reflect. Another CwDT is used to proc Immortal Call sharing Increased Duration with Vaal Discipline.

To do:

Rotate Skyforth with Divine Orbs. I will be vaaling a pair (RRBB for a wander) at some point but for now I need to get the mana rolls up.

I'm not happy with the helm divine, probably revisit.

21/20 last 2 gems (Controlled Destruction and Arctic Armour).

Ideally, I want a shield with spell crit, but as I want spell damage, high ES, mana regen and resists, I probably won't be upgrading this one.

Accessories, I have a lot of rings, ammys and belts to call upon, these need to cover attributes, crit/multi, mana/regen and resists, there are always better pieces that just won't quite work, a break through landing just one new item here could open doors.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jan 2, 2016, 7:15:16 AM
Summarising a few changes to Arcer.

Controlled Destruction didn't go 21, have another couple upcoming.
Arctic Armour did go 21.
Divines are being a pain, chained 20+ Crematoriums and only got 2 'The Chains that Bind' to drop (sell 6L for divine if crappy base) and both divine and exalt drops seem to be on hiatus.

So, this dropped.

Now this is the type of thing that really summarises my play style. I have hundreds of rings, ammys, belts (all slot pieces) to call upon for synergy, enabling a global upgrade via side grades or even down grades. It's a point I try to get across every time someone says '6 link Shav's, got all the GG gear'.

A Shav's is a Shav's, time will drop one, but dropping a ring with the stats you need? That will never happen for most scenarios. Going back to when a Shav's was 50 ex or whatever on poe.trade, a ring which to me is umpteen times rarer could be a fuse on poe.trade.

The above ring is pretty shitty, really. But it offered the exact break I needed.
Replacing the Golem Knot Diamond Ring, I basically gain Strength and Cold Res at the cost of crit, fire res and light res. I lucked a 19% ES master craft first try.

The fire res I didn't need, the light res I need to make up.
I then swap belts to
giving a good chunk more ES and grabbing a little light res while dropping a little strength and cold res. I then replace the pure cold master craft on
with cold and light res.

I can now drop the 30 strength node on the tree.

At first this free point went into 10% mana 10% mana regen by Dreamer. But as a temporary measure as there was another stage.
Purity of Lightning is only giving +4 max res, with 54% aura effect this works out at +6 (4 * 1.54 = 6.16) and all those aura nodes are required to hit that, dropping a single 6% node will drop the max res to +5 (4 * 1.48 = 5.92) these round down. But raising the level of PoL so it gives +5 max res means it will give +7 max (5 * 1.54 = 7.7) and it will still give this when dropping 2 * 6% nodes (5 * 1.42 = 7.1).

So we can get 2 points freed up from aura effect, use one of those to grab back the 4% reduced reserve that Skyforth let us drop and work some magic. Aura Calc.

Now we have dropped crit, damage through aura effect, ES through aura effect and mana regen through aura effect but here's where we make up. We have to have Disc and Wrath on life for this to work and the Heralds are tied up. We are Empowering PoL, Clarity and AA as the 3 remaining reserves.

But where does the extra socket for Empower come from? Well, Increased Duration is actually really inefficient on Immortal Call now as it is just added in to the increases given by ECs. So we will drop ID from IC-CwDT, throw in the WM from the other CwDT rendering it unneeded and still pair up Vaal Disc with ID. We need to break a 4 link to do this so that ID isn't linked to Warp.

Now we got lvl 24 Clarity, lvl 24 AA and an extra 1% max light res. We have a spare point and another we placed temporarily in 10% mana 10% mana regen. These 2 points now go in 20 crit and Occultist's Dominion.

BOOOM!!!

The shitty ring which I was so lucky to find and would be peanuts on poe.trade led to 500 more ES, 1% more max light res (this is so important for reflect) and ended up with more dps. Light res is now 83% up from 82% and 96% up from 95% on flask.

This is why I play the way I do, I will ALWAYS be chasing the tiny synergies which allow things to happen. Things that would, could, happen without any thought or input other than looking up on an indexing site a couple of cheap rings and belt. Tens, hundreds, thousands(?) of hours trivialised to a 20 second search on a 3rd party site. For some, that's a godsend, for me it is self defeating.

Tree at 98.

Edit: Temporarily freed AA from Empower giving a little more unreserved mana to play with, it will be reconnected at a later date (Skyforth divine, helm divine, level up).
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jan 2, 2016, 7:25:39 AM
and I thought I at last knew how to play poe after 2 years and 2k hours in :D it seems I need to rethink when I see how you plan ahead and calculate everything :D big fan of you for playing self found btw

+

=

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Dec 30, 2015, 9:21:36 PM
Casually casual.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jan 1, 2016, 1:15:49 PM
hey just curious, how much do u play everyday? also do u 6link with vorici or u do it urself?
its impressive that u have so much self found gear, truly admirable!

do u have a twitch channel?
A lot.
Never.
Always.
Not really, just time.
Yes, it is linked in the OP.
Casually casual.

That Chaos, tho..

Anyway, will hit 99 on Arcer today (would have yesterday but thought it would be fun to do some corrupted silly 81/82s, yeah, no).

I'll take the 10/10 mana node by Dreamer.

So rather than push to 100 I want to craft this shield and also this ring
as well as get a 21/20 controlled destruction. Probably ~15 in so far and it is being stubborn. Pushing to 100 would get me there long before I've finished what's to do, so I'll be mostly farming exalts, divines and gem XP.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jan 6, 2016, 10:16:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info