Elemental Hit Piscator's Vigil Theorycraft build

Worth noting that Elemental Hit damage doesn't get reflected on tooltip dps. That 6k difference you were seeing is probably just your Wrath/Anger damage scaled against the quality Power Siphon gem, but without accounting for the extra damage done by Elemental Hit. Which is to say that it's hard to effectively compare Elemental Hit to other skills on tooltip dps alone.

Depending on your crit multiplier and other concerns, the quality bonus on Elemental Hit may be substantially superior to that on Power Siphon, which is not to mention that running Elemental Hit doesn't interfere with any MF cullers you might have in your party.
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
I'm currently playing a piscator wander aura-based witch. L86 202% life, 10k LMP+chain with L20 anger/wrath and L18 haste in alpha's and a 5L power siphon. Link to poebulider tree. 74s are easy solo, 75-76 are doable but I require multiple volleys for most packs, and bosses are hard. Though I can swap haste for purity for Magera and off-screen bookman. My goal is to reach L90 and kill normal atziri before Ambush ends. I've never done either before. Suggestions on gear/tree welcome.

I tried IR, I tried Ondar's, I tried AA, I tried cloak-MoM. I spent many orbs of regret. The best option was pure life. If you want to get high life and IR, your damage will most likely be bad. The goal for LMP+chain is about 15k in order to be doing 77/78s comfortably. If I get a usable 6L and L3 empower I will be at 14.5k LMP+chain. Each of anger/wrath being corrupted to L21 adds about 500 DPS after that to surpas the goal of 15k.

The main reason I can't do MoM or AA is mana reservation and mana drain. A 5L power siphon PS-WED-Chain-LMP-LL is 87 mana. With inc crit it's 114 mana. With haste I'm doing 2.39 attacks per second. With 5L this is a mana drain of 207.9 M/s, with 6L it's a drain of 272.5 M/s. My mana reg is 178.8 atm, and will be 210 with deep thoughts (L89). The unreserved mana pool is small: 350ish mana, so at a deficit of -30 m/s (5L) I fire a blank after 9 seconds of combat. This is acceptable. With AA it would be a deficit of 70 m/s and the blank would be after 4 seconds of combat. This may be ok solo, but not in party play. To sustain a 6L power siphon you need tons of jewelry with mana reg, but jewelry also adds DPS, res, and life, so getting both is expensive. L20 ele hit is more than double the mana draw of power siphon, I think it would unsustainable. Or you would give up so much DPS from gear that you would be worse off than power siphon.

Here is my gear (total value about 12-13ex):
Spoiler

~found cruel docks, value probably 1.5ex

~bought 20c

~bought 20c

~bought 2ex

~found & exalted WED, value 2ex

~bought for 10c, and crafted for 15c

~bought for 20c

~bought for 5c wat

~bought with L20 anger, L20 wrath for 3.5ex

~bought for 20c

The ring gives about 2k DPS and amu 2.5k.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Jun 20, 2014, 3:24:07 PM
Ok so far i see people use power siphon for the power charge and the cull ( i guess ) and just rely on auras for the real damage. I was thinking of replacing Ele hit with barrage + chain + LoH + power charge on crit + crit chance/dmg for a 5 link. Since barrage is just a deliver mechanism for the aura dmg it shouldn't be leveled unless when its higher level it gives more projectiles. Anyway it should drain way less mana then Power Siphon.
Piscator 20k dps life based and self buffed! uhum lvl 80 atm :)

Wish I can use my Shadow for more dps, oh well.
IGN: JuanTamod / Epic_Hero
Last edited by JuanTamod on Jun 21, 2014, 12:55:37 AM
"
JuanTamod wrote:

Whats your gear and tree?
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
"
JuanTamod wrote:

Whats your gear and tree?

I will try to update my tree tonight see if I can do more dps and life on it.
Gears nothing special just some cheap unique only the expensive is this;

There's a reason why I choose this armor, but I can't tell it here yet, died one time because of the reflect and the run was almost done and I'm scratching my nose when it happened :P
Last edited by JuanTamod on Jun 21, 2014, 3:12:31 AM
So i've tried some experiments with my old CoC build and get some conclusions.

Its helluva mana drain build. And barrage+chain+wed+crit+leech+whatever works more entertaining than power siphon, twice lower mana cost and more reflect safe whats more important.

You need q20 life leech gem to be more reflect safe or even vaal pact. Especially vaal pact if you using siphon.

By the way i was testing it with dual piscators and voll's protector getting 88 crit chance with 5 power charges.

Also with Crown of Eyes this build can skyrocket with DPS but i cant check it right now coz i have CoE at standart only.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
Last edited by Dharmatrooper on Jun 21, 2014, 3:58:12 AM
True, with COE I can hit 38k chain and 100k with LMP only.
But my target is to use lower cost on this build like 50ex and below.
"
JuanTamod wrote:

Thats cool, Standard league player, what do you have, 2.5k life?
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
What's wrong playing with Standard? I really don't get the people here.
I can't play Invasion because my net sucks (800-900 ping), Ambush nah maybe next league.
Life is 2,700 with lvl 80 and we will see from there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info