The 24 Hour Marathon of Hourly Deals has Started!

"
Disrupted wrote:
I just think it was a very bad idea to do it on the same day as race season starts (okay it was actually the day before with a single race but you get the point)

EDIT: and yes +1 to in game notice

Yeah, I agree on that. Especially with some of the races being one hour. Sure, you can just wait until you hit town and then it only takes a few seconds to alt-tab and check, but still...

Other then that, the only disappointment for me was that the seraph armor pack never went on sale. First, I died in the 2 week race at level 49 with less than 10% to go before hitting 50 and being eligible to win the seraph items, then with this sale, I got the weapon and wings when they came up, already had the seraph spectral throw effect, so figured if all those were on the list, the armor set would be for sure. Especially with the elite set already being there. But nope. Oh well, if anyone from GGG sees this, you know what we want for upcoming daily deals now ;)
Overall, I liked the 24 Hour Marathon. I'm disappointed that I missed a couple of items due to sleeping or being away for a several hours enjoying real life. On the other hand, I was pretty happy that I got a couple of other deals. As much as I wanted the Lightning Skull I just couldn't stay awake long enough to catch it. Definitely better for my wallet. :D

I would like to see this happen more often. Once a month would be far too often but I think once a quarter or maybe as few times as twice a year would work. It would be something to look forward too. I also agree that there's room for improvement. There have already been a lot of constructive suggestions made. For me the surprise of not knowing what was coming up was kinda fun but I definitely understand it annoying some. If you don't want to announce all 24 items in advance perhaps each hour could be hinted at. Also, a more formalized voting system would be cool (which I know was mentioned in the original post).

I would also like to see more packaged or themed deals like all the lightning effects grouped together or a bundle of various weapon effects. Not only in this marathon but in the regular shop and daily deal.

Regardless, it was fun and I look forward to seeing it again.
Totally would love to see themed packages (the elemental effects being the obvious starting place).
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Any stats how many points were spent during this discount race? Or number of micro transactions sold?

edit: wish granted :)
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on Jun 9, 2014, 2:55:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info