Some questions about ignite and EE.

So I was thinking of trying to make an ignite/proliferation build, but I'm not sure about a bunch of things. So here goes:

First, is there anything I can do to increase the burning duration besides the unique items with that mod? Do debuff or skill duration passives do anything?

Second, is there any way to trigger EE if I have avatar of fire (through traps or minions for example?)

Third, assuming I don't go for avatar of fire, what is the best way to trigger EE quickly on a big area? Also, what happens with EE when you hit with multiple elements at once (like if my main hit does all 3, with fire being the largest chunk obviously.)

Lastly, is there anything I should know about that I probably don't in regards to ignite?
1. I believe there are some passives that increase ignite duration.

2. I don't think you can do anything other than fire damage with Avatar of Fire in any way, so I don't think you can trigger Elemental Equilibrium.

3. If you want to do fire damage, any skill that hits fast and often with Lightning or cold works. I think Arc would be good since it targets multiple enemies with Lightning Damage. Hitting with multiple elements simultaneously increases the resistances of every element you hit with.

4. Burn from ignite is separate and stackable with some other burning effects like Fire Trap's burning ground and Searing Bond's burning effect, so you can increase damage that way. And getting Fire Damage nodes will increase the burn in 2 ways, once by starting ignite from a bigger hit and also increasing the burn damage directly.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
2. I don't think you can do anything other than fire damage with Avatar of Fire in any way, so I don't think you can trigger Elemental Equilibrium.

To add: Minions can still deal non-Fire Damage... but they also don't have EE :P

The Three Dragons is a pretty interesting EE/Ignite Unique. You don't Ignite by hitting with Fire Damage anyways, so enemies are always vulnerable to your Ignite.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 4, 2014, 4:19:56 PM
"
Stormlock wrote:
First, is there anything I can do to increase the burning duration besides the unique items with that mod? Do debuff or skill duration passives do anything?
There are some passives that increase ignite duration (and life) near blood magic. Skill duration and buff duration will not affect ignite.
"
Stormlock wrote:
Second, is there any way to trigger EE if I have avatar of fire (through traps or minions for example?)
You'll always trigger EE with Avatar of Fire, since you'll do fire damage. Thus you'll cause the hit enemies to gain fire resistance, and loose lightning/cold resistance. This could be useful if you had minions or other party members dealing those elements, but since you can only ever deal fire damage yourself, you won't be able to increase your own damage output through EE.
"
Stormlock wrote:
Third, assuming I don't go for avatar of fire, what is the best way to trigger EE quickly on a big area?
Ice nova used to be popular for this purpose
"
Stormlock wrote:
Also, what happens with EE when you hit with multiple elements at once (like if my main hit does all 3, with fire being the largest chunk obviously.)
Exactly what it says - the hit enemy gains resistance to the elements you hit with and looses resistance to other elements. If you hit with all three, it will gain resistance to all three, and loose resistance to none.
@ mark_GGG,

if i am not mistaken, temporal chains curse is an option outside of unique's and passive tree to increase "ignite" duration right?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Stormlock wrote:
Third, assuming I don't go for avatar of fire, what is the best way to trigger EE quickly on a big area?

I'm no expert, but i think Shock Nova is good thanks to its fast casting speed. You can also do e.g. Shock Nova + Trap to hit a targeted area. Or Shock Nova + Trap + Multiple Traps to hit 1/4 (?) of the screen.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Jun 4, 2014, 9:31:58 PM
"
Boem wrote:
@ mark_GGG,

if i am not mistaken, temporal chains curse is an option outside of unique's and passive tree to increase "ignite" duration right?

Peace,

-Boem-
That will make it last longer, yes (although technically it doesn't modify the duration, but how much time passes for the buff).
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
@ mark_GGG,

Peace,

-Boem-
That will make it last longer, yes (although technically it doesn't modify the duration, but how much time passes for the buff).

So would the mob actually end up taking more damage or is it just the same amount of damage being applied slower?
"
Khisanth wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
@ mark_GGG,

Peace,

-Boem-

So would the mob actually end up taking more damage or is it just the same amount of damage being applied slower?

the latter
"
Khisanth wrote:
It will take more damage. Time passing slower for the buff only affects when it thinks it's duration is up. The rate of damage is a stat that is set on the debuffed enemy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info