Some questions about ignite and EE.

"
Stormlock wrote:
First, is there anything I can do to increase the burning duration besides the unique items with that mod? Do debuff or skill duration passives do anything?
There are some passives that increase ignite duration (and life) near blood magic. Skill duration and buff duration will not affect ignite.
"
Stormlock wrote:
Second, is there any way to trigger EE if I have avatar of fire (through traps or minions for example?)
You'll always trigger EE with Avatar of Fire, since you'll do fire damage. Thus you'll cause the hit enemies to gain fire resistance, and loose lightning/cold resistance. This could be useful if you had minions or other party members dealing those elements, but since you can only ever deal fire damage yourself, you won't be able to increase your own damage output through EE.
"
Stormlock wrote:
Third, assuming I don't go for avatar of fire, what is the best way to trigger EE quickly on a big area?
Ice nova used to be popular for this purpose
"
Stormlock wrote:
Also, what happens with EE when you hit with multiple elements at once (like if my main hit does all 3, with fire being the largest chunk obviously.)
Exactly what it says - the hit enemy gains resistance to the elements you hit with and looses resistance to other elements. If you hit with all three, it will gain resistance to all three, and loose resistance to none.
"
Boem wrote:
@ mark_GGG,

if i am not mistaken, temporal chains curse is an option outside of unique's and passive tree to increase "ignite" duration right?

Peace,

-Boem-
That will make it last longer, yes (although technically it doesn't modify the duration, but how much time passes for the buff).
"
Khisanth wrote:
So would the mob actually end up taking more damage or is it just the same amount of damage being applied slower?
It will take more damage. Time passing slower for the buff only affects when it thinks it's duration is up. The rate of damage is a stat that is set on the debuffed enemy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info