Best Support Gems for Shield Charge?

I assume this is not hardcore, cause that build looks awful. But i'll still give you a hint. Read the skill description carefully. PLEASE REMOVE RESOLUTE TECHNIQUE, for the love of ...me.

Also, you can work your build from this.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswx9DPcQfxQgFE0WbxkuGYUaMho4HRQkqiftKMU26TrYPC1MNU3YT31QR1BQUWBUSVXGVw1YY18_Zp5wfXdigFaBb4TEiuSMdozPj0aQVZvsnjyezaC0ogCnCKcwp4Spla9stPm4k7ndwBrE9sWKxp7G2M9l0NDSIdSP2WHa3eNq51Lp1ew47w7wH_Iv8772SPe--tL7qg==
"
MrSpaviel wrote:
I assume this is not hardcore, cause that build looks awful. But i'll still give you a hint. Read the skill description carefully. PLEASE REMOVE RESOLUTE TECHNIQUE, for the love of ...me.

Also, you can work your build from this.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswx9DPcQfxQgFE0WbxkuGYUaMho4HRQkqiftKMU26TrYPC1MNU3YT31QR1BQUWBUSVXGVw1YY18_Zp5wfXdigFaBb4TEiuSMdozPj0aQVZvsnjyezaC0ogCnCKcwp4Spla9stPm4k7ndwBrE9sWKxp7G2M9l0NDSIdSP2WHa3eNq51Lp1ew47w7wH_Iv8772SPe--tL7qg==

Once again, this is my CURRENT BUILD WHICH DOESNT RELY ON SHIELD CHARGE

I'm asking about how it's damage can be improved and how it works.

My build is fine, PLEASE LEARN TO READ.
I love shield charge also, and I have a Templar build with high mana so I can spam it. I also would like know if there is an optimum support gem, especially for a high level character.
Before anyone else decides to give me advice, I don't want nor need it.

My build before uses Lightning Strike for AoE, Glacial for Mobs, and keeps Tempest shield up with Discipline.

No, I'm not hardcore but my build has been doing fine. I was interested in shield charge, not revolving around it.
"
MasterofTime wrote:
I love shield charge also, and I have a Templar build with high mana so I can spam it. I also would like know if there is an optimum support gem, especially for a high level character.

Have fun in merc difficulty "spammnig" shield charge....
You should use it as utility/stun/escape, not as a main attack.
I have a " high lvl character" take it from me before you waste many hours doing it slower and down right wrong.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Mar 19, 2013, 5:26:09 AM
At the moment I'm using Shield Charge ( Templar Level 30 ) and I support it with Weapon Elemental Damage + Enemy Stun Threshold. In 1-2 Levels I'll probably switch the latter to melee damage.

I'm also using Anger, Tempest Shield, Glacial Hammer, and Fireball as my AOE option.

I'm act 3 normal atm and I have to tell you it was the easiest playthrough I've had in 4 chars (ranger, witch, duelist).

What I love about Shield Charge is that I can hit those pesky Necromancers straight away without having to go through a dozen of enemies. Same goes for Totems and other Rare enemies that share their abilities.

Also, Shield Charge is fantastic vs Archers.

However, I do have my doubts about its effectiveness in higher levels, we'll soon see I guess.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
when you use all 3 aura i think ele prof is a good supportgem to spread status effects really quick

iron will might be another one

the whole shield idea isnt so bad

moltenshell - iron will - concentrated -fire pen 4l (boots)
tempestshield ele prof - reduced mana 3l(shield) shock+burn = insane dmg
shieldcharge - ele prof -chacne to ignite- add fire -weapo ele 5l(armor)
reduced mana - wrath - anger -hatred 4l (helm)
cleave - wepon ele - faster attacks- lifeleech 4l (gloves)
flammability enfeeble decoytotem 3l (weapon)

the way i would do it you charge in on impact you have ignite and ele proff so the room gets aoe dmg

keyunique would be the uniques archon kite shield

btw this is a hc idea with lots of blocknodes/resi/life

90 points ~ lvl 70

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbDH0QfxRNGF0ZLhmFGjIaOB0UJIskqiftKMUpTzKJMtE26TrYPAU9D0NjRUdG10w1TdhPfVBQUWBUSVcNV-JYY1j1XcZfP2aecH1xTXflfLt99YBWgW-Cm4M4i4yMdozPkFWaz53Enjyf36C0ogCnhKmVtPm1BLcxuJO53cAaxBXE9saextjUj9lh3rDhc-Nq44LnC-dS7DjtIO8O73zwH_Iv8wbzvvPd9kj60vuq
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Mar 19, 2013, 5:00:46 AM
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
At the moment I'm using Shield Charge ( Templar Level 30 ) and I support it with Weapon Elemental Damage + Enemy Stun Threshold. In 1-2 Levels I'll probably switch the latter to melee damage.

I'm also using Anger, Tempest Shield, Glacial Hammer, and Fireball as my AOE option.

I'm act 3 normal atm and I have to tell you it was the easiest playthrough I've had in 4 chars (ranger, witch, duelist).

What I love about Shield Charge is that I can hit those pesky Necromancers straight away without having to go through a dozen of enemies. Same goes for Totems and other Rare enemies that share their abilities.

Also, Shield Charge is fantastic vs Archers.

However, I do have my doubts about its effectiveness in higher levels, we'll soon see I guess.

It's "effectiveness" doesn't diminish. Lets be clear. It's good for utility ( singling out a grenade lobber in the sewers, Necromancers, or an archer perhaps),stunning, or as escape.
It's not good as a main attack.

My Templar is 68 all done Merc difficulty and farming docks no problem and I wouldn't dream of "spamming" Shield charge. It's good for what it's meant for. Utility, stunning, and escape. That is all.
You're wasting alot of potential HIGH damage output using this as your main singe target attack. I don't even want to picture using it in this fashion thinking it's good...

I think the thread question is valid. Make Shield charge do as much damage as possible, but it's damage is NOTHING compared to Lightning strike, Glacial, Dominating... hell anything else to chose from.
Use it for what it's meant for, then spam....a real attack skill. Which Shield Charge is not.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Mar 19, 2013, 5:11:49 AM
That's how I use it, as a secondary attack.

Glacial Hammer is my main single target attack and firestorm my AOE.

It rocks as a utility skill, good to hear it is still effective in Merci :)

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Mar 19, 2013, 6:39:52 AM
As of recently I have been playing with a shadow shield charger.. I use shield charge as a main attack, supported by increased crits and increased crit damage, melee physical, full life melee physical and faster attacks..

This is an evasion build with lots of physical damage.. I use Whirling blades and spectral weapon as my spammers.. Shield charge the name and Whirling blades gets you out fast doing damage along the way .. spectral the leftovers and clean up with shield charge.. Funnest build i have played so far..

Currently 62 and working my way through merciless..

When fighting the names its a game of tag.. I tag it shield charge and whirling through him moving far enough enough that it is usually left swinging at air... by the time it turns back around to come after me i am on top of it again with another charge and whirled away before it gets its attack off.. I have taken down the vaal overlord in a dozen hits on cruel with this tactic, far faster than with any other build i have used so far..

I die rarely, mainly because I am using tabula as my 6l.. I have healing built into spectral and whirling and use cast on stun with temporal chains and molten shield and run Tempest shield and grace or haste..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info