Peeps 1.2 Angry Pillar God (CoMK) Ground Slam & Fire Storms from Hell (Final build complete)

"
Bluntless wrote:
Hi cantilever, im a new player, I am playing in beyond mode with a friend and was looking for fire or lightning build.

I must say, this is the most interesting build i have found so far, but i'm curious as to why you didn't take any of the increase fire/burning/elemental damage nodes.

Because with Iron Will, 10 Str gives 16% spell damage to FS. Most of the spell and ele nodes are less than 16%
Peep
"
fredo2185 wrote:
Dude belly of the beast would be sick for this build. Do you really think that helm is worth it though ? I'm pretty sure it killed you a few times.

Belly very well may be awesome. There are a few options. Carcass Jack or just a strong rare. That's some of the fine tuning that will be done when I get into maps later today.

Abyssus is an amazing helm but yes it can get you killed. Ill try to find a way to do it without Abyssus. The current buffs may make that possible.
Peep
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
fredo2185 wrote:
Dude belly of the beast would be sick for this build. Do you really think that helm is worth it though ? I'm pretty sure it killed you a few times.

It's only 40-50% increased damage taken. Not more damage taken. It's not very noticable.

Its not too terrible, but its an added danger. I would not use that helm if I was in HC. In fact I chose not to go Beyond this time due to that reason.
Peep
I decided to put the pillar build on pause, so willing to part with my 6L pillar if anyone is interested in buying or in trading a 6L Voll's Protector for it.

Sorry to post it in your build thread mate but figured people might be interested.

PM ingame if interested: Laminosia [Rampage league]
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Sep 15, 2014, 5:51:26 PM
"
Mannoth wrote:
I decided to put the pillar build on pause, so willing to part with my 6L pillar if anyone is interested in buying or in trading a 6L Voll's Protector for it.

Sorry to post it in your build thread mate but figured people might be interested.

PM ingame if interested: Laminosia [Rampage league]

Its ok, someone may want to buy it here.
Peep
As fun as this build is, I'm giving up at level 67. The build was a breeze while leveling but now that I'm mapping it's really a struggle maintaining decent DPS and clear speed without getting shat on by white mobs. If my PotCG was a 6-link I'm sure the build would be decent, but I'm using a Tabula right now and I'm way too squishy. And without a 6 link my DPS would be too low for me to be comfortable. GS + IW + FS + CoMK is mandatory for this build, so that's 4 links right there. Conc effect is needed to make my DPS go from horrible to OK, for both GS and FS. And my attack speed is too painfully slow to not use Multistrike. With this 6 link combo I have ~6000 GS dps and FS is at ~500 avg. damage. This wouldn't be bad if I weren't dying all the time. The Abyssus, Meginord's Vise, and Meginord's Girdle really boost my dps, so I'm reluctant to trade them for more defensive gears. Before starting this build I recommend saving up a decent amount of currency for a 5+ linked chest and PotCG, as well as some GG jewelry to counter the lack of defenses and sustain provided by the Meginord's uniques and Abyssus.

EDIT: sorry for both rambling and being a negative nancy, just my 2 cents.
Last edited by freezingnipples on Sep 16, 2014, 7:54:17 AM
"
As fun as this build is, I'm giving up at level 67. The build was a breeze while leveling but now that I'm mapping it's really a struggle maintaining decent DPS and clear speed without getting shat on by white mobs. If my PotCG was a 6-link I'm sure the build would be decent, but I'm using a Tabula right now and I'm way too squishy. And without a 6 link my DPS would be too low for me to be comfortable. GS + IW + FS + CoMK is mandatory for this build, so that's 4 links right there. Conc effect is needed to make my DPS go from horrible to OK, for both GS and FS. And my attack speed is too painfully slow to not use Multistrike. With this 6 link combo I have ~6000 GS dps and FS is at ~500 avg. damage. This wouldn't be bad if I weren't dying all the time. The Abyssus, Meginord's Vise, and Meginord's Girdle really boost my dps, so I'm reluctant to trade them for more defensive gears. Before starting this build I recommend saving up a decent amount of currency for a 5+ linked chest and PotCG, as well as some GG jewelry to counter the lack of defenses and sustain provided by the Meginord's uniques and Abyssus.

EDIT: sorry for both rambling and being a negative nancy, just my 2 cents.

Well there are a few things you can do to help with mitigation.

First one is ditch the tabula for sure.

Get IR, I specced into that not too long ago.

Use Increased AoE instead of conc effect. This allows you to kill things farther away.

Use Warlords Mark, it will keep you full of endurance charges and you get leech from the GS & FS. Its not just for physical anymore.

Run Grace

Use Granit Flasks

Use Heavy Strike if you get caught in the middle of a mob.

I have my rings and amulet linked and they are far far from GG.

The links may be mandatory my the time you hit maps. I have a 6L for GS and a 5l for HS.

I hit my HS at .24 attack speed. Not sure why your attack speed is low. HS is at 21k dps, its shreds anything fast.

With my Current gear Im finding the build stronger now than ever.
Peep
post ur dps screenshots pls
"
Brainheld wrote:
post ur dps screenshots pls

Done

As I said at screen shot, the combo dps of GS and FS is very hard to figure out. Tool tip is almost useless. Can get 25+ FS's going at once, so it will vary.

HS is now at 20k dps. I removed Herald of Ice, not worth it.
Peep
I'd suggest getting all the duration nodes for "permanent" immortal call & longer firestorms. Also having Abyssus wouldn't be a problem anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info