Concentrated effect and Molten Strike - GGG please clarify

I've been testing conc on Molten strike for a bit and maybe I'm blind but I dont think the 50% increased area damage applies to any part of it.
I notice it ups the dps against single target because it makes the balls hit easier but I dont notice the supposed 50% damage increase.

Does it apply or not? tried checking skill feedback thread before this but there are a lot of contradicting statements and none made by GGG about it.
Oblivious
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2017, 8:53:24 AM
Conc Effect will definitely increase the damage of the balls, but will not affect the initial melee hit (since the melee hit is single target).

The tooltip for Molten Strike (and for Lightning Strike, similarly) only shows the melee portion, not the ranged portion. It's a known issue that GGG hasn't bothered to fix.
Last edited by pneuma on May 26, 2014, 8:48:20 PM
It does? but I really didnt notice that much of a difference. Its hard to tell due to the erratic nature of the balls

EDIT: would still be nice if a Dev confirmed.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 26, 2014, 10:10:47 PM
I've been doing some extended testing using weapons with low damage variance and damage bonus most certainly works on molten projectiles, as does radius penalty, both on spraying radius and on popcorn radius.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Ive contacted them about this bc even if its not in the tooltip then why is it not in the main hand total combined damage area of the character screen when adding other gems will. And yet i see no difference in the area of effect either of the molten effect as well.
"
Disrupted wrote:
It does? but I really didnt notice that much of a difference. Its hard to tell due to the erratic nature of the balls

EDIT: would still be nice if a Dev confirmed.

I've seen no difference either.
you cant expect GGG to confirm answers on every trivial mechanics question. You already got answers from people who are very good at game mechanics. And this question is very trivial indeed. Conc effect works with every Area damage in game, including Molten strike projectiles
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Aug 13, 2014, 5:31:17 AM
"
Timagh wrote:
Ive contacted them about this bc even if its not in the tooltip then why is it not in the main hand total combined damage area of the character screen when adding other gems will. And yet i see no difference in the area of effect either of the molten effect as well.

I can provide two screenshots, one with 110% increased area and one with conc effect. That's the best I can do for you, your eyes will have to do the rest.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Most of the projectile damage modifiers for Molten Strike/Arrow skills do not appear in the tooltip for DPS calculation e.g. Point Blank, concentrated effect, increased area damage, etc.

Another damage modifier not in the tooltip is DoT damage. So the DoT from poison arrow, puncture, and DoT passives from the skill tree do not change DPS in the tooltip.

Not sure why they are not included except for the varying damage from some of the skills/passives.

"
Ludvator wrote:
you cant expect GGG to confirm answers on every trivial mechanics question. You already got answers from people who are very good at game mechanics. And this question is very trivial indeed. Conc effect works with every Area damage in game, including Molten strike projectiles

Ball lightning would like to have a word with you. It's not an entirely trivial question.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info