ReverendBizzarre: ele cleave templar [6k life, 45k+ dps]

one quick question about iron reflexes and the influence of Evasion Rating and Armour Rating improvement.

as you've skilled Mana Flows on the bottom right, you are only 2 nodes away from Leather and Steel.
How does Leather and Steel scale with Iron reflexes though,
does it give me 2x 24% increase on my armour (which would be insanly high),
or only once 24% cause armor and evasion are sum up into one value with iron reflexes?
Aaaaaaaaaaaaannd my first character with this build just died. Went back to town to buy a gem right before moving in to kill cruel vaal, was gonna be pretty faceroll easy. Went AFK to handle some RL stuff and came back, port gone. Probably a little over enthusiastic/under cautious, end up leaping into a lower-level-corner surrounded by +physical damage mobs, take 1800 of my 2k hp, granite/2x insta pot to 1800 hp again and try to leap slam across screen...move into air land on ground right where I was, instadead. Not really sure how I died there, through granite (also had some other +regen pots going) and why my leap didnt move me at all (de-sync yaaaayy) but oh well...was fun, will probably use the build again for my next char. (Too bad I was leveling all my gems on the character and now I have to start from being broke and getting said gems again x.x)
When exactly do you make the switch from 2H to dual wield with ele dmg? Perhaps when you get some of those dex nodes? I'm 23 right now but I have seen a few good swords with all 3 elemental dmg mods WITH attack speed. If I was able to get two, should I make the switch even without hitting any of those dex nodes?
"
Norodian wrote:
Just wondering, are you still playing this fella or have you moved on to anything else? If yes on the first, how's it going?

Pretty well im going for 85 when i have some more time :)

"
Luckyfer wrote:
one quick question about iron reflexes and the influence of Evasion Rating and Armour Rating improvement.

as you've skilled Mana Flows on the bottom right, you are only 2 nodes away from Leather and Steel.
How does Leather and Steel scale with Iron reflexes though,
does it give me 2x 24% increase on my armour (which would be insanly high),
or only once 24% cause armor and evasion are sum up into one value with iron reflexes?

only one of them applies, if you have eva you get 24% eva which is tunred into ar if you have ar you just increase it by 24%, thats it.. it doesn't stack anymore like it did a few months ago.

"
Varek wrote:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaannd my first character with this build just died. Went back to town to buy a gem right before moving in to kill cruel vaal, was gonna be pretty faceroll easy. Went AFK to handle some RL stuff and came back, port gone. Probably a little over enthusiastic/under cautious, end up leaping into a lower-level-corner surrounded by +physical damage mobs, take 1800 of my 2k hp, granite/2x insta pot to 1800 hp again and try to leap slam across screen...move into air land on ground right where I was, instadead. Not really sure how I died there, through granite (also had some other +regen pots going) and why my leap didnt move me at all (de-sync yaaaayy) but oh well...was fun, will probably use the build again for my next char. (Too bad I was leveling all my gems on the character and now I have to start from being broke and getting said gems again x.x)

Sorry to hear that man, desync is the thing we all die to.. its usually a good idea to use 2 instant flasks, in case you feel like youre desynched, spam them.

"
tangosmango wrote:
When exactly do you make the switch from 2H to dual wield with ele dmg? Perhaps when you get some of those dex nodes? I'm 23 right now but I have seen a few good swords with all 3 elemental dmg mods WITH attack speed. If I was able to get two, should I make the switch even without hitting any of those dex nodes?

yes, after level 20 its okay to switch, i think i switched around 30 since i didnt find any proper weapons to use until then. If you have them, just start getting some extra dex nodes and use them!
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
I'm 44 atm, cleave has 1890 dps with anger and wrath up. Oneshotting whitys but it sure hurts alot when not "dodging" the arrows/hits.

I still have to find 2 fast rapiers. Using 1sword 1axe atm

4L would be nice so i could add LoH. Maybe Mana Leech would be better.

Theese sure adds alot of nice dps.

To bad no life at all on theese items, and not that great res.

EDIT:

Btw, just noticed something with ur lvl 60 build...
You know thoose 9 life nodes in a circle... Do you take the 3 to the right Before going down to Iron Reflexes or after? I'd guess it's before since otherwise the 3 with Thick Skin would be smarter.

So I guess I answered my own question. lol
Last edited by Norodian on Feb 11, 2013, 12:52:16 PM
Hi Victor,

i wanted to give a little feedback on my templar.

I followed your guide and up to act 3 on merc I had no real problems.
Normal mode was a bit slow but as soon as you get your first real ele weapon, its just a blast.
Cruel was nearly oneshotting everything and as the attackspeed and lifepool increases its a great tank build.
I really appreciate how i could focus on armor/HP/Res, i didnt need one damage affix (except weapons of course) and had absolutely no problems up to act 3 merc. So this build is really suitable to people who dont wanna concentrate on really specific items or even epix. Also having 2k HP in cruel and 3k hp at the start of merciless, really made things simpler.
I also wanna add that up until now i still only have a 3 link on cleave and dps was still quite OP in act2 merc.
So to sum this up, a great beginner specc.
My question for you victor:
1) Atm im using wrath and anger combined with reduced mana and blood magic: so from my 3,3k HP on level 62 i got 2,9k left. This enables me to take Haste and Grace on my mana pool: do you think this is viable later on.. so for maps for example?
2) Did you also ahve problems to find better weapons for merciless? since mid cruel i use the same weapons (1 with 3 ele rolls - 1 with 2 pretty good ele rolls) and i ahvent come across something better. So should i alter - regal - exalt a weapon or just keep looking?
3) yould you recommend a good totem? I'm using rejuv totem but i also would like a dmg totem - any advice?
4) How do you calculate if a new weapon does more damage for you: I do it like this: ((combined MIN ele dmg + combined MAX ele dmg)/2) * attack speed: so that it would give me my eleDPS. Is that the right way?

As always, thank you for your time and effort!
IGN: Me_Smash
Last edited by giacomogrande on Feb 11, 2013, 11:59:51 AM
For dps faster weapons will scale significantly more with all flat+ ele damage, like with anger/wrath, rings, etc. even when I was running all + health/res/mana accessories (for purity/wrath/anger and ability to use conductivity) and only had the wrath/anger my damage was better with faster weapons with less damage than some other slow weapons with more damage (granted almost all of my gear was horrible except my 4L RRGG boots). This comes down to a comparison between how much stronger a weapon would be vs loss in bonus ele damage scaling extremely well with cleave + high AS.

Also for movement abilities, how do leap slam and whirling compare in terms of desyncing protection if any at all. Ala which is the better escape tool. Leap slam seems faster movement wise because of up/down, but it loves targeting people I'm not mousing over in combat situations (maybe I'm just bad.)
I use whirling blades and link slam attatched to faster attacks. They come in handy for different situations. Leap slam accross maps and whirlwind blade through small rooms like vaal ruins. good stuff
"
giacomogrande wrote:
Hi Victor,

i wanted to give a little feedback on my templar.

I followed your guide and up to act 3 on merc I had no real problems.
Normal mode was a bit slow but as soon as you get your first real ele weapon, its just a blast.
Cruel was nearly oneshotting everything and as the attackspeed and lifepool increases its a great tank build.
I really appreciate how i could focus on armor/HP/Res, i didnt need one damage affix (except weapons of course) and had absolutely no problems up to act 3 merc. So this build is really suitable to people who dont wanna concentrate on really specific items or even epix. Also having 2k HP in cruel and 3k hp at the start of merciless, really made things simpler.
I also wanna add that up until now i still only have a 3 link on cleave and dps was still quite OP in act2 merc.
So to sum this up, a great beginner specc.
My question for you victor:
1) Atm im using wrath and anger combined with reduced mana and blood magic: so from my 3,3k HP on level 62 i got 2,9k left. This enables me to take Haste and Grace on my mana pool: do you think this is viable later on.. so for maps for example?
2) Did you also ahve problems to find better weapons for merciless? since mid cruel i use the same weapons (1 with 3 ele rolls - 1 with 2 pretty good ele rolls) and i ahvent come across something better. So should i alter - regal - exalt a weapon or just keep looking?
3) yould you recommend a good totem? I'm using rejuv totem but i also would like a dmg totem - any advice?
4) How do you calculate if a new weapon does more damage for you: I do it like this: ((combined MIN ele dmg + combined MAX ele dmg)/2) * attack speed: so that it would give me my eleDPS. Is that the right way?

As always, thank you for your time and effort!

1) I have no idea why you are using blood magic when this build doesnt use it for good reason, you have plenty enough mana without needing too much mana on gear to easily run 4 auras on your mana pool without needing to sacrifice life. as for a % aura to go with it i would choose whatever you need more, i use vitality because its nice, you can also use purity or hatred depending on how your dps/resistance situation is. haste is nice too.

2)Dont regal exalt anything, use this program to find weapons for sale fast:http://poe.xyz.is/

3)Ice spear-spell totem-iron will-faster casting

4)With this build, since it doesnt take any specific elemental nodes, only general elemental damage, yes it can be calculated like that. I usually just eyeball it and i never buy new stuff unless they are a substantial improvement.

"
Varek wrote:
For dps faster weapons will scale significantly more with all flat+ ele damage, like with anger/wrath, rings, etc. even when I was running all + health/res/mana accessories (for purity/wrath/anger and ability to use conductivity) and only had the wrath/anger my damage was better with faster weapons with less damage than some other slow weapons with more damage (granted almost all of my gear was horrible except my 4L RRGG boots). This comes down to a comparison between how much stronger a weapon would be vs loss in bonus ele damage scaling extremely well with cleave + high AS.

Also for movement abilities, how do leap slam and whirling compare in terms of desyncing protection if any at all. Ala which is the better escape tool. Leap slam seems faster movement wise because of up/down, but it loves targeting people I'm not mousing over in combat situations (maybe I'm just bad.)

Leap slam seems to be less of a desync monster than whirling blades, but eys you do have to get used to using it without targeting enemies (whirling is more horrible when you accidentaly target an enemy though).

I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Feb 11, 2013, 1:25:09 PM
I'm pretty sure I started off dual wielding and it worked out alright for me. I'm currently using 2 (not great) axes with 1 or 2 elements. I'm at work and I forget exactly what they are but they are definitely not fast rapiers. I want to say my DPS is in the upper 600s with cleave. I'm getting over to the dex part of the tree now so as my dex goes up I can start looking at faster weapons, ideally with 3 elements.

I finally got reduced mana last night so it may be time to start running a 3rd aura to go with wrath and anger.

Still a very fun build. It's nice to be able to progress and not have to worry too much about gear.
ign: eksnerdion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info