New Upcoming 3D Art for Uniques in 1.1.4

"
sidtherat wrote:
vaal clarity and flameblast

while you are adding new skills could you please fix/explain their use scenarios:

vaal reave
vaal glacial hammer
vaal ground slam

there are few more but these 3 are simply worse than their basic versions and offer nothing (practical, frost circle is 'something' but has zero practical value due to way it is implemented)

Vaal Reave builds stacks you can use with normal Reave, it is a big deal since by design Reave doesn't synergize with other skills much if at all.

Vaal Glacial Hammer lets slow characters trap fast monsters that can be a pain like quick rares with haste aura, Piety heading for a portal, that damn bubble snake, etc. It isn't amazing and can easily kill you if you use it wrong but it has its place.

Vaal Ground Slam always hits, always knocks back, and always stuns. It isn't exciting at all for the classic ground slam Marauder but it is interesting to have the ability to do those things with a caster. In practice it doesn't really work out since your damage and stun duration are so low. I honestly think this was just a boss skill they made and threw in as a Vaal skill since they clearly have a lot less ideas for red skills than blue and green.

Two more blue ones huh?
Here are free ideas GGG for red ones.

Vaal Heavy Strike - Hits a monster super hard, knocking them to the edge of the screen. Every monster they hit along the way is also damaged and knocked back proportional to the distance the first monster has left to travel.

Vaal Molten Strike - Hit the ground and a small volcano erupts, like d2 Druid skill.

Vaal Cleave - Makes everything it hits bleed and flee. Extreme gore/crit effect.

Vaal Shockwave totem - Huge totem appears, instantly pushes everything to the edge of the screen. Then does nothing. At end of duration explodes, pushes everything again and does damage.

Vaal Searing Bond - Huge totem, connects laser to all party members, friendly totems and minions rapidly one at a time.

Vaal Dominating Blow - Revived monster has massive shrine effect and is a permanant minion along the lines of Animate Guardian. Can only have one, revive is white version if used on blue or yellow monster.

When I kill a man he stays dead.
dat witch seems to know how to wrap her hands around a woodful staff doesn't she?
Really, really nice shield!. I love this!.
CASUAL GAMER
"
Stoutarm wrote:

Where's the alt art for these bad boys? I worked somewhat hard for them!

Don't you think it is better that they take their time with them? Or do you want a turd.

I rather have all the uniques designed properly no matter what the time.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Chernobog's Pillar is going to be seen everywhere now!

It looks really nice. Will probably look great with some of the MTX. Nice job.
I can't wait to see what lite coils 3d art is going to be like whenever it's made. I have used that chest on a few high lvl characters but always have to skin over it =*(
ign HC: Ek_dank Acct name xDank
yeah 3d art is important... desync is so bad even my draft is out of sync as I type..... but at least i have 3d art...............................
what about animate guardian that has the ability to add and remove items from it, or maybe when it dies drop the items it has on it or even for testing purposes have the items that are dropped off animate guardian go to a created stash tab that can only remove items to see how well this works idk ... ive always wanted a guardian that i can literally make an entire build around and have my minion wreck havoc. imagine the build diversity when ur guardian can use uniques freely without the fear of losing them. would be super fun. even use out micro transactions on the items we give it and see how cool we can trick it out. we can call it trick out your guardian

thank you

sorry i know its the wrong spot to put this i just saw someone posting things about skills... flame me if u can doesnt matter as long as someone sees it :)
awaiting till my time
Last edited by whiteblaze420 on May 16, 2014, 12:36:59 AM
It's nice to see you guys working on more 3D art, but I can't help but question your idea of "popular" if it spans Fencoil.

There are many very popular items like Rainbowstrides and Saffels waiting for your attention. Don't make them wait much longer.
Shavronnes(chest, ofc) please!
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info