Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 5

"
link1313 wrote:
Incinerate wasn't even shocking

The spell does many small hits, shock only applies on big hits.
Right?

due to the shock-talent and Q-added lightning, it has a 20% chance to shock. How big the damage is doesnt matter for the shock chance here, however the shockduration is quite short.
But because you do 10 hits per second, stuff still gets shocked all the time

On the very high bosses, like lvl 75+, it won't shock i think
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Build of the week (S2E5): 3-dragons incinerate
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/856154
Last edited by iznobest on May 13, 2014, 3:02:46 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
...this is the slowest announcement thread ever. Odd.

check other forum sections. i think that in Gameplay Disc there are threads 2 days old..

people did not believe decline depicted by steam chart but it seems that statistics once more were right :)

or there is a sudden allergy to forums that broke out recently. or maybe people are sooooo busy playing 2week race (with pretty much everyone i know quiting after reaching 40..) so they do not post?

btw - not excited with that build. three dragons is one of the best designed (however very very gamebreaking) uniques since Romiras and previously Blood Dance. sadly the build and commentary is uninspiring..

I know you're just a negative...but the oldest thread on the front page of Gameplay Disc isn't even 12 hours old. So nice try.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
iznobest wrote:

due to the shock-talent and Q-added lightning, it has a 20% chance to shock. How big the damage is doesnt matter for the shock chance here, however the shockduration is quite short.

according to the wiki the shock duration has to be 300ms or the shock effect is not applied.
or doesn't this matter with the flat chance to shock? I'm confused :)
Last edited by storzi on May 13, 2014, 3:18:57 AM
Nice!
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
Hooray for charity. :)

It will go way beyond those 15k$ though. ;)
Good job everyone!!! More money for the kids.
"
iznobest wrote:
due to the shock-talent and Q-added lightning, it has a 20% chance to shock.
And how casual players are supposed to get guaranteed Q-added lightning in 2 weeks?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
iznobest wrote:
due to the shock-talent and Q-added lightning, it has a 20% chance to shock.
And how casual players are supposed to get guaranteed Q-added lightning in 2 weeks?

this is not a build specifically for the 2-week race, that was last weeks episode ;)

I do not think 20% Q ALD is of KEY importance. With 10% Q you already have 15% shock chance.
Personally I think you can even swap out the Q-added lightning for an added chaos damage (Suggested by dtandroid in my thread). With 10 attacks per second, 10% shock chance might still be sufficient, and added chaos adds alot more flat damage. However i've not tested this yet (i'm still leveling an added chaos gem to 20)

One problem with added chaos is the mana multiplier of 150% compared to the 140% of ALD
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Build of the week (S2E5): 3-dragons incinerate
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/856154
Last edited by iznobest on May 13, 2014, 6:05:41 AM
"
iznobest wrote:
"
link1313 wrote:

Right?

20% shock didn't apply because the damage was too low to meet the minimum duration..
Unless they stack?
"
link1313 wrote:

Right?
If the monsters are chilled, they do not show shock iirc, and with ALD, you'll be seeing plenty of chill.

Incinerate can certainly hit much harder once you factor in the 400% More Damage, as well as Static Blows. And once you pull off a shock, you start hitting even harder.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Last edited by SilentOppressor on May 13, 2014, 9:59:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info