[1.3.0] 90% cold Glacial Hammer Duelist - with videos!

Atziri is definitely a no-go, since bosses are without a doubt the most difficult thing the build deals with (high resists and curse resistance is like taking away multiple DPS gems from normal builds). I haven't done Olmec's yet (or even seen a video), but as long as the boss can be frozen, and either comes with or generates a bunch of adds, it shouldn't be a problem.

TBH the second Carnage video should be more indicative of how the build handles tough bosses than the first video.

Edit--after taking a look at a few videos, the only part I think would have considerable difficulties in the Olmec map is the fire totem's Righteous Fire aura, but it could be do-able if you pack a ruby flask.

For the rest of the totems, it's the same story as most other bosses: AOE once to freeze the adds, get around 3 seconds of ST pounding in. AOE, three seconds of ST. Reposition occasionally to avoid facetanking certain directional spells like Arctic Breath. It looks like the unique totems summoned along side the Olmec fight might have low enough life to be able to freeze as well. Anyway, I might give the map a try, but I would probably want to do this once I get a 6l and feel my build is "endgamey" enough.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Jun 5, 2014, 5:48:22 AM
Hi there!
It would be really nice if you can give it a try and share video if possible. The map is kinda easy and just lvl 74, but its a good challenge for Melee builds.
Update!

I've been trying to get my hands on a non-legacy Olmec map, but a combination of me not playing all that much (I really don't want to die on that map with any considerable XP, so I have been avoiding doing things that might earn XP) and there not being very many sellers is making things somewhat difficult.

On the main page, I added theoretical DPS numbers. I'm assuming the tooltips are at least somewhat accurate with regards to damage and attack time, otherwise your guess is as good as mine as to what I'm really doing to these monsters.

But that aside, almost 30k single target DPS against white mobs, woah! also, 3k aoe DPS against bosses :(
Do you do pvp? Im a glacial hammer user as well. I rarely find anyone who uses gh in pvp it would be great if we could try out
I've tried to get into some PvP, but every time the thought crosses my mind, I check out the PvP queues and find them completely empty across the board.

Truth be told, I've never done PvP at all so maybe I'm doing something wrong.
when your character comes in standard lets try it out. though you have to work your defences. Finding people to pvp is hard, I post it as a public party to find people who do want some pvp.
Gratz on the build of the week buds!
Thanks! I'm on my way home from work now so I haven't had a chance to check the video out.
Gratz on BOTW!

I knew I hoarded this stuff for a reason:

"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
4:48 on the Colonnade video you skipped a yellow strongbox :(

Good build and videos !

Report Forum Post

Report Account: