[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Mjölner becomes LEGACY

see this: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1295414

w00t w00t

now i regret i didn't pick up a couple @ ~40 ex

Honestly still think the build will be really strong with 30% mjolners though.

Yeah, shoulda picked up a few more myself, but that's all right. I do think the hammer will still be quite potent even at 30% as you said, but still...nice to have the older ones in my stash. :D
O' Divine & Glorious Chris Wilson

By the grace of your most exalted Prophet/Son, RNGesus, we humbly request for your majestic level 8 Forsaken Masters to bless us with the gift of many legacy Mjolners for 8 chaos orbs, before your great reckoning of PoE Patch 2.0 is upon us, so that we may see the fruits of our labor and reap in a bountiful exalted orbs.

My fellow Exiles and I have diligently swiped our credit cards to buy Supporter Packs and Micro transactions in honor of your masterfully designed loot and progression system. Praise be to your most perfect and sublime Beard and praise be to your merciful Nerf Hammer, for having spared the Mjolner this day.

We thank thee this day for having shown us a glimmer of hope in these otherwise dark times. Ameno
Last edited by iSo1iD on Jun 22, 2015, 11:57:11 AM
Sweet! Just threw a divine at my 102/39 and rolled 115/39, pretty stoked.
I decided to yolo vaal my mjolner in the end. And the result was good, although I still wish I could have gotten that godly 1% lightning leech roll.

Never will I need to spend chromes again. I can use my lightning pen and life leech flexibly now.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Jun 23, 2015, 10:16:48 AM
Still a good result.
I don't feel rich enought to risk, and prices are already going up so much xD.
"
iSo1iD wrote:
I decided to yolo vaal my mjolner in the end. And the result was good, although I still wish I could have gotten that godly 1% lightning leech roll.

Never will I need to spend chromes again. I can use my lightning pen and life leech flexibly now.

Don't know, why all want to get that 1% leech.
After patch it become unuseful as 0.2%
IGN: WithArmyOfDarkness
"
WWPE wrote:
"
iSo1iD wrote:

Don't know, why all want to get that 1% leech.
After patch it become unuseful as 0.2%

With the sheer amount of heavy lightning damage this build puts out, and include that along with the lightning variant of Daory's belt and that's nothing to sneeze at. Elemental leech is extremely hard to come by and the most dangerous reflect damage this build faces, so it matter a lot. Remember, this build fires off A LOT of lightning attacks so even with lower leech numbers it's still quite potent.

As far as the corruption went...very nice indeed and though not elemental leech, that's probably one of the best results you could get for Mjolner. Now you never have to worry about whether or not you want a blue or red socket for a support gem for your spells and you can slap anything you want in there like:

Iron Will
Life Leech
Lightning Penetration

Lucky indeed...never would risk my Mjolners on that...too many crappy results on lesser uniques for me. :p
Was doing some extra calculations for what we currently know about auras in the beta and what their values are set at for now. Good old handy-dandy aura calculator page here: https://poe.mikelat.com/beta/ in case you want to do some experimentation on your own. From what I have been messing around with and making some passive skill tree stuffs it seems we can run these auras:

1. Wrath
2. Discipline
3. Haste
4. PoL
5. PoI
6, PoF

Here's the link I have with the auras reserved: https://poe.mikelat.com/beta/#yxI1LOf/ORBS5Or (Hopefully it works)

Note that this takes 22% aura reservation from the tree and uses basic level 3 Enlighten gems. Life pool will likely be a bit bigger due to the life nodes before MC, but it seems we'll have around...maybe...250-300 life leftover...give or take some? Now, here's where it gets interesting, with "The Vertex" helm, you can get +1 to Enlighten, so you don't even need to corrupt it to hit level 4, and that will allow you to knock off an additional 1% from all the Purity auras if you put them into the helm. So, you could slot all three of them in there, give them all +1 as well as getting their mana reduction down. I should also note that if you play around with the auras a bit you could slot just PoF and PoT in there along with a level 3 Enlighten and a level 3 Empower, which would get you a level 4 Empower and thus +3 to all Purities, so you neither need to corrupt Enlighten or Empower.

HOWEVER, there is an issue here...we lost the Inner Force cluster, and to get extra aura nodes you're going to need a fair amount of points to trek around the tree with. To get 60% aura increase you're going to need to pick up the Influence, Leadership, Sovereignty, and Champion of the Cause clusters, and take all of their nodes. Now, if you do this to hit 60% and thus get an additional +3 from the Purities you'll also get another 4% reduced mana reservation for a total of 26% reduction, so that does offer some possibilities. But again, this can be very point intensive and if you want the flask increasing nodes in the Witch tree you might find yourself stretched incredibly thin and even having to sacrifice potential jewel sockets, too. Interestingly enough, you don't need to pick up the 'Devotion' notable, so that can save you two points if you can afford the loss of 20 Strength.

Far too many details for me to get into, to be honest in terms of all the possible permutations and potential tree ideas, but I do encourage people to mess around with them and use my stuff as a bit of a stepping stone 'guide' for tweaking and checking stuff out. I should also note that it may be possible to slip in ONE herald, or even Arctic Armor if you play your cards right and still have enough life leftover to run your skills. Choices are limited, but:

1. Arctic Armor
2. Herald of Thunder
3. Herald of Ice

HoT might be the better choice, although AA does offer defensive options with less physical and fire damage taken, both of which are things that this build will take damage from. Plus, with the reduction of Immortal Call uptime that could be helpful. Rough calculations for 3 ECs with a max Increased Duration gem linked to a level 20 IC puts the buff at around 4 seconds if I did the math right and the Inc. Duration gem works on the base of IC like this:

0.4 * 1.74 = 0.696 sec (base) -> 0.696 * 1.57 = 1.09 sec per EC -> (1.09 * 3) + 0.696 = ~3.966 seconds

OR and it might be this instead:

0.4 * 1.57 = 0.628 per EC -> (0.628 * 3) + 0.4 = (2.284 * 1.74) = ~3.974 seconds

So it looks like they're pretty much identical in terms of time, but again not sure on the formula steps. In any case, this is just 1 second more than the 3 second CD on IC and about 50% less than what we could get originally so keeping up IC even with manual casting isn't going to be easy. If we go with 5 charges (one from tree and take the charge from Oak) then we get:

(0.628 * 5) + 0.4 = (3.54 * 1.74) = ~6.16 seconds

This gives us a little more wiggle room to play around with and is closer to what we could do with just 3 ECs, though again you're going to have to lose a point to the Oak reward and likely use the Intuitive Leap gem near the Templar EC/PC area to save some points getting the EC there.

Whew...typed way more than I expected, but yeah, hopefully it helps. :P
There's gotta be a sexy life based variant of this build waiting to happen with the new Kinsguard chest they announced... +100 life for every endurance charge expended...
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
tackle70 wrote:
There's gotta be a sexy life based variant of this build waiting to happen with the new Kinsguard chest they announced... +100 life for every endurance charge expended...

Not only that, but did you see the Brotherhood ring as well? I know it's an elemental conversion so you lose half of your lightning damage to cold damage, but even so that's insane. For a life-based Mjolner build (potentially low-life as well, but probably more popular for life) that means you have a much more reliable way of freezing things when you don't have Frenzy charges up and once you freeze you're also going to shock. CoH + Elemental Weakness will definitely be a go-to curse in this case since you'll want to get resists down as much as possible. Though it does make me wonder if 'Hypothermia' might end up being a support possibility for Arc/Discharge over Iron Will or Lightning Pen, especially since the lightning damage is getting cut in half, and I think Frozen enemies count as chilled for the damage effectiveness. However, not totally sure there.

The chest piece is definitely something very powerful for a full life build despite it not having any resists, but those can be made up on other pieces. Potentially could even drop the Dory belts for a solid rare or something else if the life rolls in fast enough and life leech might not be needed in that case. In fact, it MIGHT be possible to use 'Eldritch Battery' so you can reserve all of your mana for auras and run a small amount of LL and use 'Ghost Reaver' to keep it generated so you can run your attacks off of ES, but that might take some tweaking around to get it right. Also, that means if you can get a fair amount of ECs built up and you cast 'Immortal Call' manually, that could mean anywhere from 300-500+ life in one cast, almost like a seething flask charge use, just smaller. Might not fill your globe, but could certainly save your bacon.

Could also be quite fun for double Ball Lightning builds that want to go the old D2 'Rift-A-Din' style and not need to use 'Three Dragons' but instead another helm for more defensive options. Granted, that's not Rainbow Nuke, but still...always been my dream for a powerful 'Rift-A-Din' build and now it might be even better. :D
Last edited by Tanakeah on Jun 25, 2015, 8:57:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info