[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
blaes wrote:
"
Tom94 wrote:

Why would you run blood rage on the life-based version?

well, it offers an easy way to get frenzy charges for discharge.
it makes a cheap alternative for voll's devotion endurance charges, albeit not as good, but someone doing the life-based version of the build is probably not loaded anyway, and may want to spare the 20ex it costs. at least for starters.

it sure isn't optimal, but it's a start.

"

at 75 this tree only has like 200 int and like 230str. Can I just equip +200str worth of stuff and another +100int worth of stuff, equip the mjolner, then take it all off except the mjolner and be left with enough stats to use the mjolner since the mjolner gives +200 and +300 and ude then have enough stat with the mjolner equipped.

no, you can't. mjolner doesn't increase str/int. it only increases the requirements.
an easy way to get them is to get the 100str gloves, and the astramentis amulet (~100 all stats), or atziri's foible amulet (-25% requirements on everything).
but you won't get to use voll's devotion (see my above statement about that).

ah i see, problem is that i have a voll's, romira's and mjolner and i can get the gloves, can't really afford much else tho so idk what to do. Also idk what build to level with, I wonna be discharging asap and use my mjolner asap. Thanks a lot.
Last edited by Starzee on May 24, 2014, 2:06:05 PM
"
blaes wrote:

well, it offers an easy way to get frenzy charges for discharge.
it makes a cheap alternative for voll's devotion endurance charges, albeit not as good, but someone doing the life-based version of the build is probably not loaded anyway, and may want to spare the 20ex it costs. at least for starters.

it sure isn't optimal, but it's a start.

You get a single frenzy charge for each killed monster. If you compare it to how many power charges you get per second, then that is next to nothing. Not even speaking of single-target scenarios where your DPS will be most important and where you won't generate any frenzy charges at all.

The DPS gain is so small, I think it's not even remotely worth sacrificing regeneration for it or even degenerating. You would get a lot more damage out of it if you skilled some spell damage / attack speed instead of the regeneration nodes. :)

"

I mentioned I found the guide complicated that's why I'm asking for clarification / a better description, I'm not sure how you don't understand that? I would of thought as the founder of the build you would be a bit more polite to people wanting to use it.

No offence, but asking for linked gear despite it being in the thread really leaves that impression. This has nothing to do with guide readability. It is inside a spoiler titled "gear". :P

Aside from that I don't really have any advantage of getting as many people as possible to use my build, so I don't quite understand your logic. I just wrote up that guide to help people enjoy the game, not to end up repeating myself all over again in the replies while having better things to do. My apologies if I seemed impolite, that was not my intention.

"
"

Blood rage is only for low-life for the attack speed bonus!

Surely it's also for frenzy charges to discharge?

As described above the frenzy charges barely give any benefit compared to the cost of sustaining blood rage.
The frenzy charges are just a small bonus when you are using it anyways for the ridiculously high attack speed bonus on low-life.
IGN: Pirteloli
Last edited by Tom94 on May 24, 2014, 5:09:57 PM
How do you think an Empower lvl4 would do compared to Iron will?
"
Aciros wrote:
How do you think an Empower lvl4 would do compared to Iron will?

Considering how little spell damage is taken from the tree Iron Will should be noticably stronger than Empower lvl 4. If you are playing a variant of the build which instead of going RF takes lots of spell damage and a spell damage shield, then Empower lvl 4 might be worth it. You should still compare the tooltip damage values either way.
IGN: Pirteloli
Last edited by Tom94 on May 25, 2014, 10:04:46 AM
I don't even know how u guys have enough mana, Cyclone rapes it sooooo fast when ur life based, anything does along with running light/fire/vitality aura's. I've talked to multiple people running this build life based, None of them can run the required aura's and have enough mana/regen to use attacks. They have all edited the build some way.

Not to be rude but have u actually tried ur build in life based form? It just can't be done from the item's/Gems you recommend, Life regen/leech is too low, Mana regen/leech is too low and not to mention It's hard to cap res. The only way u can is by running all 3 light/fire/ice aura's but then you don't have enough mana or mana regen/leech left to run your skills.

Do you still use this build? none of ur stuff is verified anymore
Last edited by Starzee on May 25, 2014, 8:18:10 PM
Regarding mana concerns: here's my 2 cents (coming from a chaos inoc build, which is like... THE worst possible build for mjolner in terms of mana)...

1) cyclone does not need to be 6 linked.
3 link: Cyclone + Faster attacks + Reduced mana
that puts mana cost to be approximately 15 per second (give or take 5 depending on your additional attack speed from tree and gear).

2) 6 link should be Lightning strike, period.
Mjolner and lightning strike are partners for life. 6 link cyclone really wastes mjolner's true potential.
As such, Tom94's suggested 6 link isn't mana intensive at all. Curse on Hit has no mana multiplier. Neither does the actual Curse Ele weakness.
The only significant multiplier is GMP. The mana cost without any reduction should be about 30-35 per cast.

I use Chaos Inoc, so admitedly, I use dream fragments which boosts mana regen quite a bit. With gear and passives, I'm at about 44 mana per second.

That is entirely feasible!

Again, this is coming from a chaos inoc build! If I can run it, so can you!
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Last edited by Castablanca on May 25, 2014, 9:57:18 PM
"
Castablanca wrote:
Regarding mana concerns: here's my 2 cents (coming from a chaos inoc build, which is like... THE worst possible build for mjolner in terms of mana)...

1) cyclone does not need to be 6 linked.
3 link: Cyclone + Faster attacks + Reduced mana
that puts mana cost to be approximately 15 per second (give or take 5 depending on your additional attack speed from tree and gear).

2) 6 link should be Lightning strike, period.
Mjolner and lightning strike are partners for life. 6 link cyclone really wastes mjolner's true potential.
As such, Tom94's suggested 6 link isn't mana intensive at all. Curse on Hit has no mana multiplier. Neither does the actual Curse Ele weakness.
The only significant multiplier is GMP. The mana cost without any reduction should be about 30-35 per cast.

I use Chaos Inoc, so admitedly, I use dream fragments which boosts mana regen quite a bit. With gear and passives, I'm at about 44 mana per second.

That is entirely feasible!

Again, this is coming from a chaos inoc build! If I can run it, so can you!

Hi, Thanks for ur input sir. If it's not too much to ask could you link your tree? and maybe show some more details? it sounds interesting and i'de love to go CI myself :P

3 link: Cyclone + Faster attacks + Reduced mana , seems like a great idea. I never really thought of it since i don't like to steer towards my own paths, Life leech seems a bit off tho, Don't think the nodes alone are enough.
Last edited by Starzee on May 25, 2014, 10:07:52 PM
Here is my updated Chaos Inoc Tree:

Please note that I am actually trying out a dual-wield Mjolner build.
And to give you some context, I've been fking around with chaos inoc varaints of Tom's build for the past 2 weeks. And, because CI cannot run more than 2 auras, getting Purity of Lightning and Fire and Discipline is out of the question. I decided that Discharge was too much of a problem in ele-reflect (hell, even with max resists at 80, a big enough Ele reflect pack will insta 1-shot you.

As such, I decided currently to drop discharge altogether!
Instead, I am using dual wield Mjolners (combined +2 chains) and double arcs.

1) of course this is much less dps than Tom's build. However, it solves my ele-reflect problem completely. It also makes me more of a sniper as Lightning Strike and Arc are both long range sniping attacks.
2) I feel that I am really pushing Mjolner to its max potential as both my attack gem (lightning strike chains) and my triggered gems (4 arc's) all benefit from the +1 chains. Dual wield = +2 chain, which is essentially a free Chain support gem WITHOUT the damage penalty.
3) The biggest drawback to mjolner is the 412 strength requirement. Since I've sacrificed so much for getting that much strength, WHY DAFUQ NOT USE TWO DAMMIT!
4) I decided that Fending (knockback passive) is too good. We are hitting so many times that the knockback proc's a lot.

FINALLY, the biggest revelation is that because I am not using discharge, I no longer need resolute technique.
WHY AM I still using vomira's + voll's? BECAUSE I NEED CONSTANT SOURCE OF ENDURANCE CHARGES TO TRIGGER IMMORTAL CALL.
By dropping resolute technique, I have a way to expend power charges.
As long as I'm hitting stuff, I always have max endurance charges, even without discharging! YAY FOR NEAR 100% PHYSICAL IMMUNITY UPTIME.

Gear:
Spoiler
helm is in the works, currently i'm using an alpha's but that's temporary. and gems are not correct because i'm currently messing around with a dual strike build
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Last edited by Castablanca on May 25, 2014, 10:36:30 PM
Been rockin this build for the past few days and ..... OMG!! so much fun.

My previous build http://web-grindinggear.netdna-ssl.com/forum/view-thread/911276/page/1 is very good for HC/INV. Very tanky build... but I ripped.

Gear

TY for a amazingly fun build to destroy everything in sight.. and cause ppl to crash poe!! so much fun!

IGN @Dbum
Alrighty, changed a few things and this build is coming together nicely. Ele reflect tho.. Big no no

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info