Removed

"
lucksickle wrote:
This build has already been done, look for "artificial sun" under the marauder forums.

Also, I don't get what Infernal Mantle adds to this, it seems to me the build would just be better with a good rare ES chast or what have you.

Yes I created that one also, Infernal mantle adds a huge dps bonus, crit chance for cold snap and discharge and chaos conversion at the cost of just 1 aura. With it, you can substitute fire penetration for life leech. It also gives tons of ES for eldritch battery and mana sustenance.
Last edited by klerace on May 2, 2014, 6:02:47 AM
"
klerace wrote:
Infernal mantle adds a huge dps bonus, crit chance for cold snap and discharge and chaos conversion at the cost of just 1 aura. With it, you can substitute fire penetration for life leech. It also gives tons of ES for eldritch battery and mana sustenance.

I might just be being cynical, but I really don't think the pros to mantle outweighs the cons. Also, did you manage resolving the lightning thorns issue? What about Cybil's Paw?
"
lucksickle wrote:
"
klerace wrote:
Infernal mantle adds a huge dps bonus, crit chance for cold snap and discharge and chaos conversion at the cost of just 1 aura. With it, you can substitute fire penetration for life leech. It also gives tons of ES for eldritch battery and mana sustenance.

I might just be being cynical, but I really don't think the pros to mantle outweighs the cons. Also, did you manage resolving the lightning thorns issue? What about Cybil's Paw?

I am chaining 78 maps just fine, in groups I switch to coldsnap perma freeze spam. Also lightning thorns aren't a problem, I use discharge.

Mantle is a huge boost because it frees up fire penetration gem and reduces reflect.
Last edited by klerace on May 2, 2014, 12:54:03 PM
"
klerace wrote:
I am chaining 78 maps just fine, in groups I switch to coldsnap perma freeze spam.

Yeah, I don't question the build in it's totality, that actually looks great. It's the Infernal Mantle that I'm unsure of - not a huge enthusiast on it. I'd maybe prefer MoM with remaining manapool than the chest.

"
klerace wrote:
Also lightning thorns aren't a problem, I use discharge.

Well, I just mentioned it since you previously riperonied to it. I guess it's just a matter of attention.

"
klerace wrote:
Mantle is a huge boost because it frees up fire penetration gem and reduces reflect.

Eh, You could use pure fire and swap added chaos fore a fire pen gem. Maybe even use static shocks Three Dragons(although don't quote me on that)

As for Reflect, Arctic Armour. I still remain dubious about the mantle :P
"
lucksickle wrote:

I still remain dubious about the mantle :P

Why?

There is no better chest for a Fire build if you can get around its drawback, by not going to low mana.

Shavs lets you run additional auras, but has none of the bonuses.
New Kaom's gets fire dmg, but tht's it.
Rare armours don't even come close since they can't roll crit chance, fire dmg or other Mantle bonuses.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
"

Rare armours don't even come close since they can't roll crit chance, fire dmg or other Mantle bonuses.

I mean, yeah, I overlooked the fact the crit would apply to discharge/snap, but the increased fire doesn't look all that necessary to me since damage is already good enough as is. The ES amount is decent, but you can get rares with more. Being EB, this piece doesn't give you +life nor resists. And as I said before, rather than not going low mana, I'd rather use that pool for MoM or another aura personally.

I guess an example would be:
you can get a 500+ ES chest with life and resists
You lose the +fire, but can run haste to make up for it. (disregarding low mana clause)
you lose critical for discharges.

The chaos convert is unnecessarily from a reflect viewpoint due to arctic armour. It'd be nice if the chaos damage would let you kill mobs while keeping their ES intact, but from what I've seen, he burns through the ES before the mob dies - so this becomes a vanity effect. Dropping the chaos support and going Fire Pen should yield more damage against regular mobs, and similar damage against resistant mobs.

So what did you lose all around? The crit chance. That's just how I see it at least.
Last edited by lucksickle on May 2, 2014, 6:37:00 PM
"
lucksickle wrote:
"

I mean, yeah, I overlooked the fact the crit would apply to discharge/snap, but the increased fire doesn't look all that necessary to me since damage is already good enough as is. The ES amount is decent, but you can get rares with more. Being EB, this piece doesn't give you +life nor resists. And as I said before, rather than not going low mana, I'd rather use that pool for MoM or another aura personally.

I guess an example would be:
you can get a 500+ ES chest with life and resists
You lose the +fire, but can run haste to make up for it. (disregarding low mana clause)
you lose critical for discharges.

The chaos convert is unnecessarily from a reflect viewpoint due to arctic armour. It'd be nice if the chaos damage would let you kill mobs while keeping their ES intact, but from what I've seen, he burns through the ES before the mob dies - so this becomes a vanity effect. Dropping the chaos support and going Fire Pen should yield more damage against regular mobs, and similar damage against resistant mobs.

So what did you lose all around? The crit chance. That's just how I see it at least.

It gives you 45% spell damage, +1 gem, Good mana pool and a free gem slot 25% to chaos. %100 crit to shock/cold snap.

At the cost of HP, 1 Aura and armour.
Last edited by klerace on May 2, 2014, 9:51:57 PM
Can we get a RIP video?
"
klerace wrote:

It gives you 45% spell damage, +1 gem, Good mana pool and a free gem slot 25% to chaos. %100 crit to shock/cold snap.

At the cost of HP, 1 Aura and armour.

What's with that irrational obsession with the chaos conversion you have (here and in your other build threads)? It's a conversion. It adds NOTHING (unlike fire penetration that actually adds 30+ MORE damage). For builds with burning damage it is actually a penalty as it lowers the burning damage. For you it is at best a neutral feature: It benefits your dps versus fire resistant mobs and penalizes your dps versus chaos resitant mobs.
Don't get me wrong: I too think the infernal mantle is a good chest that is underrated, but you don't have to make up reasons to show the benefits of it.

EDIT:
I just saw your sig.
RIP - quit. What a child.
Last edited by Bada_Bing on May 4, 2014, 6:11:40 AM
Hi you said that you only need a 5l Infernal Mantle, but which gem isnt used then? Faster Casting, Added Chaosdamage or Iron Will?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info