Molten Strike

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Good lord, is this skill ever OP. Compare to Heavy Strike + Melee Splash, which costs one additional socket and still pales in comparison to this monster.

Molten Strike should be thwacked with the nerf bat. Hard. And repeatedly.

Wait...are you...is he? is he using Heavy Strike on melee splash? wth is the matter with you? who does that? You use HS as your nuke for single-targets,not clearing.....for clearing you go with stuff like IB or MS.

In that sense - nerf everything because my consecrate is far less powerful than anything else in game.

Go.Back.To.WoW.
No rest for the wicked.
gonna try this build

I think this skill with three dragons helm and static blows would be great for building shock stacks.

Strongly considering going avatar of fire as well. Would make for longer lasting shocks (and making sure you can shock bosses) and would also mean you can full utilize a curse (no curse boosts all 4 aspects of this skill, melee, proj, phys and fire) at 100% effectiveness. Only downside is that you no longer benefit from phys leech on gear and reflect.

Doing 100% fire damage with fire pen, ele weakness, 3 shock stacks, iron grip and point blank........ I see potential in this.
Last edited by Splift on May 2, 2014, 4:02:29 AM
"
Daiena wrote:
You use HS as your nuke for single-targets,not clearing.....
Or, just use Molten Strike, because it hits single targets harder than Heavy Strike does.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Splift wrote:
gonna try this build

I think this skill with three dragons helm and static blows would be great for building shock stacks.

Strongly considering going avatar of fire as well. Would make for longer lasting shocks (and making sure you can shock bosses) and would also mean you can full utilize a curse (no curse boosts all 4 aspects of this skill, melee, proj, phys and fire) at 100% effectiveness. Only downside is that you no longer benefit from phys leech on gear and reflect.

Doing 100% fire damage with fire pen, ele weakness, 3 shock stacks, iron grip and point blank........ I see potential in this.

great plan! best in this topic so far!

just 1 thing,
Chernobog's Pillar = 25%of physical damage you deal, converted into fire

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion

makes 85%of physical be converted into firedamage and
15% physical damage, just to get benefits from reflect (selfcursed punishments from shackles gloves!)+100%MORE loh

you could link a few cwdt-lvl1-curses
that simply proc, atm you swing weapon, thx to reflect
I would take the hex-passive and the +1curse passive for that
(everlasting selfcurse + 2curses on monster atm you look at them!)

this could fit your build plan?
I myself not plan to go the fire-way!
I gone use this skill, to soak up the most damage possible!
"
Splift wrote:
gonna try this build

Already thought of this, but didn't choose to post. Looks like others have been thinking about Three Dragons...

Tell me how it goes, I won't have time to test myself for awhile.

"
Tommyvv wrote:
Chernobog's Pillar = 25%of physical damage you deal, converted into fire

Chernobog's is a waste of a shield slot. Way better to use some other shield, like Rise of the Phoenix to deal with reflect.
Last edited by mimivirus on May 2, 2014, 6:28:51 AM
"
Tommyvv wrote:
"
0versky wrote:
The dmg penalty will apply ( hence the decrease in clear spd ) but the chain effect would NOT work. Its interaction with chain is exactly like Rain of Arrows.

how you tested it, that chain not works?

that's the only question I asked, when people tell, that my chain testings are incorrect.

if I link chain to rain of arrows, tooltip not shows I can link it
you statements are incorrect

Henry_GGG told me that it does not work with Chain and Fork
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Why do people say molten strike doesn't work with MPD gem? The projectile damage is based off the melee damage so it should work correct?
"
faction55 wrote:
Why do people say molten strike doesn't work with MPD gem? The projectile damage is based off the melee damage so it should work correct?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lightning_Strike
"
faction55 wrote:

Who, where does it say it does not work?

All I see is a question about when and where it applies when linked with molten strike.

edit. Im not on a pc to check my character. but I still think mpd gem is added after, to the total damage and it not calculated into/by the skill.

i.e. character's physical damage from passives+gear x 120% is used to calculate the 60% converted to fire, then mpd added to that damage.
Last edited by eshiro on May 2, 2014, 9:30:06 AM
Apparently Molten Strike works different that Lightning Strike. I tested it with both MPD and WED, magma balls deal more dmg with MPD in it. Also, dunno about Lightning Strike, but Molten's projectiles get affected even by Hatred.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info