Path of Exile - Wiki site

"
Mr_Cee wrote:
a small hello to all who read this, and maybe are willing to support the idea behind - help is always welcome.

I'm the (only, at the moment) one who's working on the translations of the actual established content into the german part. I have only small experiences from a former, similar (and gone) project some time ago, and try to keep it simple to get it work with less possible tries.

You're awesome for all the work you've put it!

"
Rolandnl wrote:
Good stuff :)

but make sure you read this before adding stuff on the wiki

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1173

so you dont get in trouble :)

Thanks Rolandnl, I'm aware of all that, and I've been speaking to Chris via email so I'm aware of what I can and can't put on the site yet :)
"
Rolandnl wrote:
Good stuff :)

but make sure you read this before adding stuff on the wiki

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1173

so you dont get in trouble :)

yeah, we discussed the wiki strategy lately and we coinside to focus on confirmed facts about the release version of POE, mainly just to keep our work at a controllable level (to not have to update it every some hours to keep it actual)... maybe there'll come some facts with the open beta, that are 'needed to know' by the readers - but beside this, we'll left beta or even prebeta information outside.

and, additional for myself, I concentrate on translating of already given information in the wiki - I have no access to own information yet (not a beta member), and I think I'm not as good as needed in forming literily content.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
iamacyborg wrote:
You're awesome for all the work you've put it!

I see it as a win-win situation, I can practice my english in a interesting and really useful way, can step by step learn about POE and use my time worthwile instead of any arbitrary gambling while waiting for (beta) release or key - thats a lot compared with the tiny part I did up to now... ;)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Sooooo... what's the most updated wiki? i'm confused right now (and i don't want to dig up both threads).

is it this one?
or pathofexile.shoutwiki.com?

It seems the community is just duplicating efforts right now.
HC forever.
Last edited by KurzedMetal on Oct 24, 2011, 1:49:11 PM
This one is more up-to-date. The one at shoutwiki still says the game is in alpha, only lists 4 classes, doesn't have the new difficulty names, and has generally outdated and incorrect information, not to mention some stuff Chris doesn't want listed yet (like item names and affixes) for future clarity.
Problems? support@grindinggear.com
Bumping. I've got a load of stuff to add to the site, and I need your help!
Glad to see the wiki is still alive. The ShoutWiki hosting really was no good. I've made an account so I'll start chipping in soon enough. I'm finally starting to learn how to to good formatting on a wiki at the moment (tables, etc.)
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
It's great that some people are making wiki page ;) sometimes when you need some information it's quicker to look for it ;)
Will gladly get stuck in once/if I get a Beta invite... Have plenty of time to contribute and have designed a few websites so could be helpful : )
Happy to have "Beta Member" under my name : P
Last edited by Yeknomious on Jan 8, 2012, 4:06:30 PM
always welcome and helpful!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info