[Official] WINE info thread

Hey all, I'm a pretty new Linux user that's so far loving the game. The problem I'm having with Wine is the crashing after an enemy fires a burning arrow, which seems to be fixed with the solution here:

"
ionface wrote:

Issues (fixed):
PulseAudio with wine/openal causes crashes from lightning/burning arrows and other things, so I call wine with WINENOPULSE=1 in the environment. You might be able to disable winepulse.drv in winecfg, but I'm lazy so I just set up this alias in the bottom of my ~/.bashrc

alias poe='cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Grinding\ Gear\ Games/Path\ of\ Exile/; WINENOPULSE=1 wine Client.exe'

The following error/disconnect is from not having samba support compiled in to wine. (wine USE flag samba)

err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.

Being new to Ubuntu, this makes almost no sense at all to me. Could someone please fill me in on how to fix this?
Hi all,

I am getting this when I start the game,

1:'The D3D has a non-zero reference count, meaning some objects were not released'
2:'Failed resetting direct3D device objects'
3:'DXUTCreateDevice failed'

I have tried through WINE directly and through PlayOnLinux (WINE 1.4). I am using Fedora 18 and the fglrx drivers for my ATI HD7850.

Anyone know how I can fix?

Thanks
Last edited by MajorKong on Feb 21, 2013, 8:57:39 AM
"
MajorKong wrote:
Hi all,

1:'The D3D has a non-zero reference count, meaning some objects were not released'

I have tried through WINE directly and through PlayOnLinux (WINE 1.4). I am using Fedora 18 and the fglrx drivers for my ATI HD7850.

Thanks

you need to run "winetricks d3dx9_36 vcrun2010"
"
Being new to Ubuntu, this makes almost no sense at all to me. Could someone please fill me in on how to fix this?

use PlayOnLinux and follow the instructions a few pages back (it might be quite a few pages back).

You want to use the 1.5.24 version of wine when you install PlayOnLinux with Path of Exile, and you want to make sure you 'winetricks d3dx9_36 vcrun2010' and optionally riched20
"
Psycho7765 wrote:
Out of curiosity: did anyone of the Linux and Mac users got "hacked" in the last days (see account support forum). The answer might give a hint on the source of the intrusions.

I tend to think anyone who got "hacked" was either doing something they weren't supposed to (cheating in some way), or they just got unlucky with the java exploit (which is why I don't have java enabled on webpages). Either way the outcome sucks, but I really doubt the hacks are OS specific.

After reading all the threads, I found the link from Chris which explains a little more about the situation, and I agree completely with his findings and results. 2-factor authentication will be nice, but it's sad that it is required because some people just can't protect themselves. I would have rather they used the time/money on better development rather than implementing more security, but that's just a personal opinion.
"
Psycho7765 wrote:
Out of curiosity: did anyone of the Linux and Mac users got "hacked" in the last days (see account support forum). The answer might give a hint on the source of the intrusions.

Also no one using mine OSX wrapper was hacked.

Pretty much I think it is some undiscovered hidden file upload vulnerability. (we know where the production_config exactly resides, and wast hacked majority reports that the only ingame was affected, not the forum account, which leads only to stolen hashkey/configfile).

Last edited by julus on Feb 21, 2013, 11:35:38 AM
"
Drakier wrote:
"
MajorKong wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks

you need to run "winetricks d3dx9_36 vcrun2010"

thanks but no luck with that. Same error as before. Tried with both PlayOnLinux and WINE (and with other dx versions for what it was worth).
"
MajorKong wrote:
thanks but no luck with that. Same error as before. Tried with both PlayOnLinux and WINE (and with other dx versions for what it was worth).

The only time I had that error come up was in a test I did where I tried using d3dx9_43 by itself without installing d3dx9_36 as well. The game started to launch and I got 3 dialog errors and the errors you posted. After installing d3dx9_36, my problems went away, so I figured it might be related and worth a try.

I'm not sure what to tell you other than to attempt to use the "Debug" option in PlayOnLinux and see if the output reveals anything else. You can use that by clicking the Path of Exile shortcut in the PlayOnLinux window once so it is highlighted, then click the Debug link thing on the right side. It should pop up a debug log window and the game should also launch at the same time.

Maybe something in there will give more information and errors to help point to a problem (either a missing lib, or something)
"
Drakier wrote:
"
MajorKong wrote:

The only time I had that error come up was in a test I did where I tried using d3dx9_43 by itself without installing d3dx9_36 as well. The game started to launch and I got 3 dialog errors and the errors you posted. After installing d3dx9_36, my problems went away, so I figured it might be related and worth a try.

I'm not sure what to tell you other than to attempt to use the "Debug" option in PlayOnLinux and see if the output reveals anything else. You can use that by clicking the Path of Exile shortcut in the PlayOnLinux window once so it is highlighted, then click the Debug link thing on the right side. It should pop up a debug log window and the game should also launch at the same time.

Maybe something in there will give more information and errors to help point to a problem (either a missing lib, or something)

Ok done that now. There's something about OpenGL drivers not being installed correctly but I should have the proprietary ATI drivers instead

"
[02/21/13 17:25:49] - Running wine-1.5.24 Client.exe (Working directory : /home/mark/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/pathofexile/drive_c/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile)
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0xe28000 0 0x32fce8 4
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x110000 0 0x32fdb8 4
ALSA lib dlmisc.c:236:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
ALSA lib dlmisc.c:236:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering is disabled, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly (using GL renderer "AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series ", version "1.4 (fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32e734,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init The application requested more than one back buffer, this is not properly supported.
Please configure the application to use double buffering (1 back buffer) if possible.
fixme:d3d9:Direct3DShaderValidatorCreate9 stub
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
err:d3d:resource_init Out of adapter memory
fixme:d3d_texture:texture_init Failed to create surface 0x217378, hr 0x8876017c
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 59 (SPI_SETSTICKYKEYS)
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 53 (SPI_SETTOGGLEKEYS)
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 51 (SPI_SETFILTERKEYS)
"
MajorKong wrote:
Ok done that now. There's something about OpenGL drivers not being installed correctly but I should have the proprietary ATI drivers instead

The last time I saw that error I think it was due to my 32-bit video driver libs not being properly installed. I don't know enough about the ATI drivers to tell you what you need, but for the nvidia drivers, there are a set of 32-bit libs (now in the :i386 due to multiarch) which were required by wine to work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info