[Official] WINE info thread

Just tried create a new 64-bit wineprefix without any customization except for graphics memory configuration and it sadly it did not work at all. With "Emulate a virtual desktop" it seemed to work but had worse performance than my 32-bit prefix. Disabling 'GSLS support' seemed to help a bit but my FPS still falls to sub 10 FPS when I'm regenerating life/energy shield. It felt like it worked worse than my 32-bit prefix sadly.

Spec:
Intel i5-2500k
Nvidia GTX 670
Nvidia binary driver - 364.12

Wine 1.9.6

Would've been nice if it helped though :/
"
Espionage724 wrote:
I'm curious, what is the reasoning for some of the winetricks packages people mention and how and how long ago was it determined they were necessary? Apparently usp10 is still being mentioned as of lately but wasn't that deemed unnecessary a good while back?

Well, 3D doesn't work unless you get the native d3dx9_42.dll and d3dcompiler_43.dll from DirectX 9. The winetricks dll extraction is better than just installing the entire package from the PoE redist folder, because some of those other MS libs have difficulty in the wine environment, and the builtin wine implementations perform better.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (winetricks vcrun2010) (msvcp100.dll) is also a requirement for this game, very recent wine versions have replaced enough of Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library for PoE to work. I'm still testing the builtins.

Native riched20.dll is needed for the background picture to appear on the patcher/launcher.

Native usp10.dll is to fix all the glitchy looking text in the game, yeah GGG made it better at some point, but then the glitchy text came back after a PoE patch. It seems to work without this fix again, maybe wine fixed this.

EDIT: I just tested it again in a new win64 prefix. No winetricks are needed in this version! But sound doesn't work for me.

EDIT: 32-bit prefixes need these winetricks.
Last edited by ionface on Mar 27, 2016, 5:22:32 PM
Testing the gameplay a bit more I've noticed in situations of heavy load (for instance dried lake runs in a full party) game performance is better on windows (passable) while practically unplayable on linux with my system (dual core amd 3.4 ghz processor, 8gb memory, geforece 9800 gt video card, lowest graphics settings) looks like I'll have to continue dual booting for the time being -__-
Has anyone got pulseaudio sound working in a win64 prefix? I'm getting "No device detected" in my PoE settings, while the audio works fine in winecfg.
Sound works fine for me in win64 prefix as long as I choose the Software pulseaudio device ingame.
However as I stated earlier the performance for me on win64 is worse. Is no one else experiencing the same result?
Last edited by Wicla on Mar 30, 2016, 3:07:16 PM
"
Patchumz wrote:
Anyone know why I'm getting low FPS? (1-20 usually)

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

Even with lowest graphics settings I max at like 25 FPS, though my GPU isn't getting pushed, I have plenty of RAM unused, and only at 50% total CPU usage throughout my entire system.

Let come clear the we basicly have the same specs and i get the maximum fps. Well the only thing i did is i bought a new graphics card the was almost $200 and that changed a lot, and my cpu is a 2.8 core 2duo. Maybe u need a new graphics card becuase the maximum video ram u have is 256mb and mine has 2g ddr5 video ram. Hope this help. I almost for got my video card is R760x by AMD.
Last edited by pop1998 on Mar 30, 2016, 6:44:13 PM
Any fix for the FPS drops while regenerating HP/mana?
I haven't found any fix for the FPS drop while regenerating HP/mana. Would also love to hear if someone has found a solution.

BTW anyone experiencing worse FPS/more stutter after latest patch?
Audio fix is simple: inside game options, change it to Software.

Regarding fps drops... It got WAY worse after new patch, sometimes I get 0 fps for 2-3 seconds, it's ridiculous (normally i'm between 35 and 50), no idea how to fix it.
Last edited by Kreivenos on Apr 2, 2016, 4:58:59 PM
Something werid I've noticed about the FPS drops...

When regenerating health, framerate reliably drops to 20-24FPS and stays put.
When regenrating mana, FPS seems to jump around all over the place, but I see three distinct framrates occuring repeatedly: 59 (capped w/ vsync), 30 and 4.

I really have no clue whether this bug has anything to do with Wine or the game. I have tried many Wine versions, staging and non-staging and the bug seems to occur in all of them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info