Why is Devoto's Devotion worth so much?

Found one last night and I was disappointed at first because it wasn't a BoR. However when I checked xyz I found out that it's actually worth more than BoR, and I sold it for 5ex within an hour of listing it. (ambush)

To me it looks like total garbage. Can anyone explain why this item is valued so highly?

10% flat reduced damage taken, 10% IAS, 20% movement, chaos resist. There's a lot of good stats on that helm
_Slinger of <ZAP!>
"
WolfStrike wrote:
10% flat reduced damage taken, 10% IAS, 20% movement, chaos resist. There's a lot of good stats on that helm

Is it 10% reduced damage Taken? the mod seems to imply that it's reducing your physical damage you deal, which i suppose would be a drawback for the other positive attributes.
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
"
Based_Nito wrote:
"
WolfStrike wrote:

Is it 10% reduced damage Taken? the mod seems to imply that it's reducing your physical damage you deal, which i suppose would be a drawback for the other positive attributes.

You're right, reading skills ftw :(
_Slinger of <ZAP!>
It's reduced physical damage, so yes it decreases your own damage. However, it has some really nice stats, including high AR/ES, attack speed, chaos resist, and ***MOVEMENT SPEED***.

It's rare to get movement speed on a helmet, let alone that much. It's everything.
"
It's reduced physical damage, so yes it decreases your own damage. However, it has some really nice stats, including high AR/ES, attack speed, chaos resist, and ***MOVEMENT SPEED***.

It's rare to get movement speed on a helmet, let alone that much. It's everything.

But compare to . Same atk speed, Rat's nest has only about 300 less total eva+ar, crit chance, rarity, and 10% less movespeed, without the drawback of devoto's, and it's only worth 1 ex. I guess the chaos resist on devoto is useful for some builds...

Hmmmm....
It's just a very solid helm overall. Also, 60+ dex is a huge deal for a lot of builds to reach their dex requirements on gems.

The reduced physical damage also isn't a "Less" mod, so it's largely negligible. It boils down to about one average-sized damage passive for melee phys builds.

Oh, and it's pretty damn rare.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
And his skin, it looks damn cool!
I would say most of the people just use it as skin
It's also a matter of availability. You'll notice that there are far less Devoto's Devotions on sale than Rat's Nests.
Its a map drop, it has movement speed and a free footprints effect
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info