how does upgrading multiple point packs work?

To date i've purchased (4) 20$ packs...so i've got 800 points so far (which i've spent).. Let's say i wanted to upgrade to the warrior pack ($120),

Here's what i assume would happen....
I would pay $40. 120-80...
I would get 300 points (1100 points for the package - 800 i've gotten from the previous packs)
I would get the digital goodies/effects...

Could someone who has upgraded care to tell me if i'm correct or how it works?
Hey, I've upgraded previously from many 20 dollar packs into my current divine title.

You're pretty much correct on your goodies/money part. I'm not too sure about the points though.
Hi there,

Thanks for your interest in this. We can merge any of your purchases that were made after October 23rd and credit these towards a supporter pack.

We can only credit up to the amount of points contained in a pack. If you would like to know about what we can offer you personally please contact us at support@grindinggear.com and we will be happy to help.
aww they removed the create your own item from the conqour pack :'(
Any betrayal you can see is trivial, What is truly frightening and much more lethal is the
betrayal you cannot see.ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
_____________________________________IGN is Syphiroth_
this is a respected list for reasons.
rrtson
Please refrain from posting antagonistic/derailing comments. Further posts of this nature will be removed and the poster may be placed on probation.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help.
"
Jared_GGG wrote:
Please refrain from posting antagonistic/derailing comments. Further posts of this nature will be removed and the poster may be placed on probation.

Might I ask what you are referring it?
Any betrayal you can see is trivial, What is truly frightening and much more lethal is the
betrayal you cannot see.ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
_____________________________________IGN is Syphiroth_
this is a respected list for reasons.
rrtson
"
Tipherith wrote:
"
Jared_GGG wrote:

Might I ask what you are referring it?

Support wasn't referring to you. The offending post was removed
Hey!

Apologies for stealing / hijacking, but this will be rather on topic. I didn't find similar threads in the first 5 pages on general and there doesn't seem to be a "shop" specific forum, but I've been blind to text before on occasion.

I'm about to create my first transaction(s) for POE as (after a few months of playing) the game proved to me it was worth investing in and was looking at the 50$ and 120$ packs.

The above post made me think though that says I can simply buy "normal" packs worth of points and when I reach the "x supporter pack" amount of $ it will convert my account to that X supporter (like warrior/champion/conqueror) probably without the extra bonuses like hoodies/t-shirts? I didn't understand the dev/pr response whether this is confirmed or not, could someone please clarify?

Also questions:
Do I understand correctly the following:
- bought armor effect works on a single set/piece of armor ( any of player's choosing ) and is not transferable to another piece of armor
- same for weapons
- bought skill effects work always on your account, and are not tied to specific gem ( which you "imbue" with the skill effect )
- if I buy additional stash tabs, these tabs are permanent on all ladders (say standard/ambush) and normal/HC and for all characters?
- pets that you buy, you can use them with all characters, somehow? How does this work?

Thanks for replies.
"
triglav wrote:
- bought armor effect works on a single set/piece of armor ( any of player's choosing ) and is not transferable to another piece of armor

Effects like Seraph armor and glowing horns and stuff are transferable, but you can only have them equipped on one item at a time. If you stop using them on that item, you can reclaim it and it goes back in your mtx stash so you can use it again next time.

You can't transfer skin changes, they are one time consumable use. If you're unclear on the difference between skin transfers and other mtx effects, double check the shop and read the descriptions carefully.
"
- same for weapons

Same thing. Weapon effects can be reclaimed and reused. Keep in mind that if you're dual wielding and you want the same effect on both weapons, you'll need to buy it twice.

"
- bought skill effects work always on your account, and are not tied to specific gem ( which you "imbue" with the skill effect )

It's just like the other effects, they can be reclaimed from the gem they are attached to and reused.
"
- if I buy additional stash tabs, these tabs are permanent on all ladders (say standard/ambush) and normal/HC and for all characters?

They are permanant and work just like the stash tabs you have now. If you get premium ones then you can name them and give them colors.
"
- pets that you buy, you can use them with all characters, somehow? How does this work?

All your mtx (pets, effects, skin transfers etc) are in the microtransactions stash. You can open it by pressing M in game. To equip the pet, right click it. You'll need to do that every time you log in.

"
Thanks for replies.
Welcome :)
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Apr 16, 2014, 6:43:09 AM
Look at the posting history. Support copy pasted a response into the wrong thread.

The OP of the thread necroed the thread again.

It looks like it should go there:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/531506/page/1

But what's even more hilarious is that the thread was created half year ago and somebody even got probated for a posting he made half year ago. O_O
Last edited by Hilbert on Apr 16, 2014, 6:47:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info