Block Chance Reduction

Reductions are always a multiplier.
Also, read this very thread. Why would there have been 80%+ available if you only ever needed 75% (78% w/ Anvil) in the first place? More importantly though, why would people have bothered?
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 31, 2014, 9:29:32 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Reductions are always a multiplier.
Also, read this very thread. Why would there have been 80%+ available if you only ever needed 75% (78% w/ Anvil) in the first place? More importantly though, why would people have bothered?

Why there were so many block chance nodes when the cap is 75%? :)

Thank for the clarification though Vipermagi, you are the next best thing to a dev regarding mechanics so ill take your word.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
lame gem:

For me, it's so f*ing obvious that you at GGG don't like melee characters to have a fighting chance vs ranged p*ssies at all.

Oh, and about dodging attacks, ranged characters can also run to evade melee attacks.

Now combine this with super insane knockback, stun and ES regeneration and you get an idea of how lame that gem really is.

I vote for removing that gem PERMANENTLY, removing the reduce block nodes and crafts PERMANENTLY as well, buffing the block nodes (so legacy items are no longer a necessity), buffing 2H and maybe even 1H melee weapon damage (non-crit, ofc) and nerving ES.

As far as I see it, build diversity in 1.3.0 is simply an illusion.
I don't agree, I really love this gem on Pvp.

Lot of player have block chance : dual wielding, shield, staff... And when I play a melee character, it's really hard to kill players because of theirs block chance.

And when i fight a block build, i have 0% chance to win... I die without make damage...

The problem isn't this gem, the problem is the high mobility of casters and hunters.
"
__REAPER__ wrote:
lame gem:

For me, it's so f*ing obvious that you at GGG don't like melee characters to have a fighting chance vs ranged p*ssies at all.

Oh, and about dodging attacks, ranged characters can also run to evade melee attacks.

Now combine this with super insane knockback, stun and ES regeneration and you get an idea of how lame that gem really is.

I vote for removing that gem PERMANENTLY, removing the reduce block nodes and crafts PERMANENTLY as well, buffing the block nodes (so legacy items are no longer a necessity), buffing 2H and maybe even 1H melee weapon damage (non-crit, ofc) and nerving ES.

As far as I see it, build diversity in 1.3.0 is simply an illusion.

You have no idea what you are talking about, this gem is mandatory for every build in PvP and should remain as is.

Knockback, stun, es regen, none of those have anything to do with block chance reduction.

Nerfing ES ? where does this idea come from ES is far from a problem in pvp lol.

Block chance reduction is really well balanced and was an improvement in pvp since its introduction.

IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Feb 3, 2016, 10:44:13 AM
Can I maintain >70% block chance vs Block Chance Reduction users (PVP) during the Rumi's flask effect duration?? I've 75% block chance.
-
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Nov 20, 2016, 8:00:40 PM
This gem surely needs a buff to compensate for the loss of 1 gem slot, while people using block can do so without barely any equivalent cost.

Currently rank 30-40 in PvP and i think i have more damage with a normal gem setup instead of switching block-reduction, even against full block characters.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Last edited by The_Risen on Oct 24, 2017, 9:32:30 PM
"
The_Risen wrote:
This gem surely needs a buff to compensate for the loss of 1 gem slot, while people using block can do so without barely any equivalent cost.

Currently rank 30-40 in PvP and i think i have more damage with a normal gem setup instead of switching block-reduction, even against full block characters.

A buff? Change one gem for this one and any block based build is dead.

At least release something so blocking characters have a way to counter this bs gem.
"
T_Castell wrote:
"
The_Risen wrote:

A buff? Change one gem for this one and any block based build is dead.

At least release something so blocking characters have a way to counter this bs gem.

i should've filmed it, my build with over 2 kk dps (3kk with my totem pre 3.1) dpsing freely a FULL block PF and he could've killed me with flasks and his CWDT alone.... he barely took any damage and i even ran out of mana because i couldn't dps ernough to leech. Ofc i had a 20/20 block reduction gem.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Last edited by The_Risen on Mar 7, 2018, 7:05:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info